• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I think this has a very high chance of happening even if this speculation turns out being incorrect. Given the absurd amount of Alan Wake stuff teased in Control, if Remedy's next project isn't AW Remastered + AW 2 then i'm going to lose any hope about it ever happening at all.

The PC version of Alan Wake still looks pretty good overall even today, i feel the only things that need an update are character models and facial animations -which weren't particularly impressive even back then.

I imagine Remedy's vision for Alan Wake 2 needs a big budget to be realised without significant compromises -- not huge but certainly much higher than that for Control -- and I fear the seemingly middling consumer response to the latter was the final nail in the coffin. I can only hope I'm sorely mistaken.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PC is far superior for playing Alan Wake than a real 360, X1, or X1X, I say that as someone who owns all of those and who owns the game on both Xbox and Steam.

It's weird to me that anyone with a PS4 would want to play it though because all threads generally indicate that every PS4 owner already has a gaming rig and that console exclusivity means literally nothing.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
PC is far superior for playing Alan Wake than a real 360, X1, or X1X, I say that as someone who owns all of those and who owns the game on both Xbox and Steam.

It's weird to me that anyone with a PS4 would want to play it though because all threads generally indicate that every PS4 owner already has a gaming rig and that console exclusivity means literally nothing.

Some people just prefer one platform or another, nothing too strange about that. I prefer the ease-of-use a console brings. I miss making mods for games (Myth II will never die!), and DRM free digital games, but otherwise, I don't really miss much about basically never playing on PC.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
A guy who stalks linkedin and makes educated guesses about upcoming non announced games. I find the principle hilarious and it's actually quite smart.
For months he was sure to Witcher 3 would come to switch, and he ended up being right.

That's cool, where I can read his guesses?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
A guy who stalks linkedin and makes educated guesses about upcoming non announced games. I find the principle hilarious and it's actually quite smart.
For months he was sure to Witcher 3 would come to switch, and he ended up being right.

There are still some claims he made left unproven, though. Call of Duty Switch and Ridge Racer Switch. CoD was actually hinted by a couple of insiders too but he was the only source for Ridge Racer.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
There are still some claims he made left unproven, though. Call of Duty Switch and Ridge Racer Switch. CoD was actually hinted by a couple of insiders too but he was the only source for Ridge Racer.

He deserves as much leniency if not more than people have with the usual insiders, even if he turns out to be wrong; unlike them, he always backs his claims with evidences, which range from thin to solid. In the case of ridge racer 8, it was very solid if I recall, but as always, plans can change.

That's cool, where I can read his guesses?

He's got a YouTube channel, but I don't watch much gaming YouTuber so I mostly know his guesses from this forum.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's not a remaster, it's an ocean!

Im gonna guess though this is just the PC version ported to modern consoles, though as others have said, a remake with improved facial animations would be grand.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's 720p sub 30FPS on Xbox One. Not enhanced.

You're not understanding. That poster said he would rather them wait on the remaster until next gen. I'm asking why since a remaster next gen would do nothing that a remaster this gen couldn't do. Xbox One X would already be capable of 4K/60, so why wait to do a remaster?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I really need to play this damn game. I bought it during that $1 Humble Bundle sale years ago and never got to it.

Maybe I'll play it for Halloween.