• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Huh.

If Sony had that kind of money, I wish they'd just spend that expanding their studios so that they'll all be Take Two in scope rather than outright buying them.

Sony are already greatly expanding their existing studios. If these rumors are true then it's anyone's guess at Sonys reasoning for doing it. I think this thread has covered pretty much all possibilities at some point or another.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But they already expand their own studios?
Sony are already greatly expanding their existing studios. If these rumors are true then it's anyone's guess at Sonys reasoning for doing it. I think this thread has covered pretty much all possibilities at some point or another.
Yeah, I just mean they have room to spend more. It's just my personal feelings though as I don't have an affinity with Take Two games and I'd rather that money go somewhere else.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
this acquisition would have been (of course not happening until we get further evidence) hilarious to me because MS bought obsidian and sony would not allow them to continue using the outer worlds IP lol.

Coloursheep

Oct 31, 2017
Assuming there's any truth to this and if Sony can get them for around that price they definitely should. Keep the WWE games multi-platform because they aren't system sellers for a significant number of players, if they can keep basketball off xbox then they should. Anything else, GTA, Bioshock, Mafia should go console exclusive and release a PC version a year later. If they had their PS5 event with a trailer for RDR2 Remastered, GTAVI, new Bioshock and NBA exclusive on PS5 along with what they already have how does Microsoft counter that?

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Finally, a thread to dethrone FFXIII going multiplatform, holy shit!
I couldn't care less for GTA but if I were Sony, this would have been the perfect move to deflect literall maximum damage to both Google and MS simultaneously.
MS could by all the studios in the world, Google could bring whatever it thinks is thr next big thing to the table, but nothing is comparable to GTA at the moment and probably the forseeable future.
Holy shit again indeed. If true.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
OK, I know there's the whole aspect of money involved here, but what other factors are there that might make Take Two consider Sony over another buyer? How well have Take Two and Sony gotten along in the past? Problems? Best buds? Would Take Twos board give any consideration to what they think might be best for the employees long term as well, or is it all about the share holders?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
OK, I know there's the whole aspect of money involved here, but what other factors are there that might make Take Two consider Sony over another buyer? How well have Take Two and Sony gotten along in the past? Problems? Best buds? Would Take Twos board give any consideration to what they think might be best for the employees long term as well, or is it all about the share holders?
well, rockstar have a very good relationship with sony, and they both make cinematic focused games. it could be that made rockstar agree to sony over other publishers and Rockstar probably have a big affect on decisions taken within T2.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming there's any truth to this and if Sony can get them for around that price they definitely should. Keep the WWE games multi-platform because they aren't system sellers for a significant number of players, if they can keep basketball off xbox then they should. Anything else, GTA, Bioshock, Mafia should go console exclusive and release a PC version a year later. If they had their PS5 event with a trailer for RDR2 Remastered, GTAVI, new Bioshock and NBA exclusive on PS5 along with what they already have how does Microsoft counter that?
jesus

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Closing thread for now.

If there is a reliable site that reports on this in the future then feel free to make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.