• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...er-pressure-amid-boeing-737-8-woes-2019-03-13

Take-Two Interactive Software TTWO, +5.30% stock climbed 4.7% on rumors that Sony Corp. SNE, +0.93% "is in advanced board level discussions to acquire Take-Two Interactive in a mostly cash deal," that would value the company at $130 share, according to Joel Kulina, head of technology and media trading at Wedbush Securities.

HUGE grain of salt here.

UPDATE 1:

Joel Kulina:

(1)VIDEOGAMES (I've been bombarded with inbounds; there is still no source to this SONY/TTWO story – simply market chatter. Was incorrectly quoted):

This sounds more like speculation than something concrete at this point.

UPDATE 2:

The original message was:

**TTWO M&A CHATTER MAKING ROUNDS...+2.5% - NO SOURCE **UNCONFIRMED**"

**TTWO (TRADING AT LEVELS LAST SEEN FEB 20 BEFORE PLUNGE SUB $90) …..hearing that Sony is in advanced board level discussions to acquire Take-Two Interactive in a mostly cash deal. Price we are hearing is close to or just above $130 per share US…

Last edited by a moderator:

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
lol Idk man :p
I mean, anything can happen, but I really don't know.
My gut says it's not a thing, so I don't think so. We shall see.

Edit:
Their market cap is around $10B compared to Sony's $60B.
The offer would be around $14B which makes it even harder.
I really think it's too heavy to handle, but who knows.

Sony does have around $13B~$14B in cash/equivalents at the moment though.
If the conversations started, let's say in January, Take Two could agree because their shareholders would be getting an immediate 30% profit from the deal.
If the shareholders don't think they can get that much profit on their own soon enough, they could totally allow the buyout.
Still too big imo.

For example, Square Enix would be an easier purchase for the mere sum of $4B~$5B; however, their management and output leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
drew_scanlon.gif

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
oh boy I can't wait for more games to be exclusives if this happens

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
now this would explain their lack of studios bought this generation if they have something like this planned. holy shit!

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
- With traders jawing about a potential takeover by Sony (SNE +1%), Take-Two Interactive Software (NASDAQ:TTWO) has added to a three-day rally with gains of 5.4% today.
- Take-Two has been the subject of merger/acquisition speculation at numerous times in the past few years.
- A higher close today would be the company's fourth straight higher finish; shares are 8.8% higher so far this week.
- That's a comfortable rebound for longs who have endured a 31.2% dropover the past six months, a tough season for some sector participants.

D1jkCypX0AUcJHX

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3442404-take-two-rallies-5-percent-gains-amid-sony-chatter

searched, didn't find anything. lock if old and/or irrelevant

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
GODDAMN if they finish the deal, that'll be absolute Game Over for the competition.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
a deal valued at 130$ per share would mean it's around 14 billions. Mostly cash would mean something around 9-10 billions in cash. Isn't that like all the cash reserve\equivalent Sony has? There's like 99.9% chance this's BS.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Looks at Grand Theft Auto Online

Yeah, I'm doubting that. Companies always talking about buying each other, but it rarely happens.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Imagine a world where Rockstar is not focused on microtransactions and multiplayer.

Man.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Wow

Plz release RDR 1/2 on PC first lol

That would be huge for the console space if their output quality didn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.