• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
It was a theory floating around for a while, someone on reddit put it succinctly in one post though. I haven't watched Dynasty's video because I don't want to give him the views. He's a clickbaiter and rarely reports his sources. Even if what he's saying is correct he glosses over where the source came from. In this case I wouldn't be surprised if he is just regurgitating that reddit post.
really? hmm your right. good point. .

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
also, make sure too mentally prepare yourselves! its April fools!
we all know what Ed Boons is gunna do!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
They've not revoked or patched out any of the previous though? WB own a lot of horror properties as well.

I don't think it'd be as hard as it seems.

No, but when they license things, they're not going to sign any agreement where they would have to revoke or patch out a character. That would be awful for NRS. They're going to get the usage rights for a given game. There are probably all sorts of monetary clauses involved behind the scenes as to how the IP holder gets compensated. They have lawyers that sort all that stuff out and it's not easy.

From everything I've seen or heard from devs, licensing is hard. Harder than people think. I've followed Rock Band devs over the years, and "Licensing is hard" has become a developer mantra when they have to explain to fans stuff that happens that looks silly from the outside or supposedly easy when dealing with artists and the companies. That's music, but the idea still applies. Boon has said it's not an easy process for guests. Imagine a whole game.

Also Disney owns Alien and Predator IPs now.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still holding out hope for Ash from Evil Dead. He would fit perfectly. Especially with time travel now in the mix.

I'm not a particular fan, but of all the potential guests, he really seems like the best fit in the game in terms of theme, tone, character interaction, etc.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
Also keeping in mind that they said that guests sold the most in MK and Injustice, hence why there were more in their respective sequels. So them toning it down, would be more because of licenses issues, budget more than anything.
To be fair, most of the games didn't have cast favorites missing from the main rosters either. Mileena and Reptile is almost guaranteed to pull in bucks if they're DLC.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, but Reptile and Mileena are the only missing characters who make the roster feel incomplete to me. There are obviously other characters I'd love to see, but the game comes so close to completing the MK2 cast that their absence feels especially glaring.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think any characters from X that missed the base roster are making it back for the first wave of DLC. NRS seems to like to mix it up and keep things fresh. I'm expecting 2 guests, 2 long-lapsed characters, and 2 from 9 that missed X.

If they do a second wave of 6, which I guessing they will do, I could see Mileena or maybe Reptile back, but it would not surprise me if they sit this entry out.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shang Tsung (confirmed)
Mileena
Reptile
Ermac
Rain
Guest character

It practically sells itself
A "Ninja Pack" would sell plenty. Mileena, Reptile, Ermac, Smoke, Rain, Chameleon, Khameleon, and "new" ninja ("Hi, I'm female Scorpion...").

I don't think they'll go that route though. We'll see.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm even more nervous now that reptile won't even make it as dlc :(

Before the smartass quote replies come in "lol Reptile in 2019" remember that some people only play MK for singe player (story, Arcade, unlocking krypt) and master one or two characters for local parties. I don't give a shot about online balance or if he's cheap.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I hate the idea of all of the DLC characters being just more past MK characters. I know some people loathe them but guest characters are fun IMO

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Imo Reptile has the best chances as DLC of all the ninjas.

Also since we are guaranteed to have Guest characters at this point i hope we at least only get 1 with each pack but thats maybe wishful thinking.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Honestly I hate the idea of all of the DLC characters being just more past MK characters. I know some people loathe them but guest characters are fun IMO
3USgt2g.gif

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I know some people loathe them but guest characters are fun IMO
I generally agree, but with all of the obvious and best-fitting choices like Kratos, Freddy, Jason, Alien, and Predator out of the way, there's not much left for me to get excited about. I fundamentally don't care about Spawn or RoboCop or Ash Williams as characters, and the prospect of DC characters in MK does nothing for me.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me my girl Frost isn't a robot 😭

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I generally agree, but with all of the obvious and best-fitting choices like Kratos, Freddy, Jason, Alien, and Predator out of the way, there's not much left for me to get excited about. I fundamentally don't care about Spawn or RoboCop or Ash Williams as characters, and the prospect of DC characters in MK does nothing for me.

It's a bit of a leap but like I'd really like to see Doomguy. It could make sense too as a cross promo with Doom Eternal and MK11.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm imaging DLC will focus on Guest characters and feature at least one deep cut/surprise character like Skarlet and Tremor.
I think Hydro cause I believe he's the Android being built in the background of the Cyber Initiative stage.

NRS hasn't been too much the type to take away characters and then sell them to you in the next installment. At least not from looking at IJ2 or MKX DLC so I really think Mileena, Reptie and Ermac are out. Smoke is on deck though, he better not miss 2 games in a row

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
I'm imaging DLC will focus on Guest characters and feature at least one deep cut/surprise character like Skarlet and Tremor.
I think Hydro cause I believe he's the Android being built in the background of the Cyber Initiative stage.

NRS hasn't been too much the type to take away characters and then sell them to you in the next installment. At least not from looking at IJ2 or MKX DLC so I really think Mileena, Reptie and Ermac are out. Smoke is on deck though, he better not miss 2 games in a row
if
Smoke is in he will be Enenra, due to story

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Hydro is essentially just Cyber Rain, and that would probably piss off a lot of people.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
whats this say? my school blocked twitter lol
Ed Boon tweet from today saying, "Believe nothing...."
Please tell me my girl Frost isn't a robot 😭
She'll probably have multiple costumes, a pre and post cyberized form. Similar to the revanents, or how Sector and Cyrax had human costumes in MK9.

Also, Lin Kuei assassin's with names like Sector and Cyrax is some Professor Remus Lupin levels of precognitive naming.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't think any characters from X that missed the base roster are making it back for the first wave of DLC. NRS seems to like to mix it up and keep things fresh. I'm expecting 2 guests, 2 long-lapsed characters, and 2 from 9 that missed X.

If they do a second wave of 6, which I guessing they will do, I could see Mileena or maybe Reptile back, but it would not surprise me if they sit this entry out.
I'm not sure how accurate IMDB is but it lists the voice actors for Kung Jin and Torr. It's a possibility that more of the MKX cast will return in some form.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Ed Boon tweet from today saying, "Believe nothing...."

She'll probably have multiple costumes, a pre and post cyberized form. Similar to the revanents, or how Sector and Cyrax had human costumes in MK9.

Also, Lin Kuei assassin's with names like Sector and Cyrax is some Professor Remus Lupin levels of precognitive naming.

Why did they have to do this to her. Ffs.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Why did they have to do this to her. Ffs.
It would be pretty cool to have our first cyber Lady, and frost may be an odd choice, but TRIBORGS ending saying that the clan will still come up and his colors slightly hint toward what we have seen in the trailers. and frost still has too betray sub in this timeline.
...triborg really wanted too auto-correct to bowstring...tf?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Frost will no doubt have ice hair as either gear or a skin, don't worry.