• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Gonna be real with y'all. MK10 was the closest I've gotten to getting a horror icon fighting game. I couldn't care less about the MK roster for DLC, I want all the DLC characters to be more horror icons dammit.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Well, Ermac's never been DLC so I'd say he's got the better chance.

A man can dream.

Yeah but the fan outcry for Rain is so loud that I don't think anyone would care if he's DLC again. But Boon is enough of an eccentric troll that the most likely outcome is Ermac with Rain as an unplayable NPC again.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
so that means mario and yoshi are Switch Exclusives!

Nah, that will be Tingle.
tingle_by_kadajs_kitsune-d6kxv7c.jpg

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
what if Reptile is actually a secret character again like in the old games and has not leaked exactly for this reason?

source.gif

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So this might be a stupid question but.. What's the joke about Hsu Hao ? I don't get it.
A sub-par character from the 3D era which is being mocked everytime a new MK comes out since he's the least favourite among devs and fans alike. If I remember right, even Boon mocked the character at some point.
In his Armageddon Kombat Kard, John Vogel (head of story/cutscenes for the game) literally just admits that he does not like Hsu Hao.

Imagine a small 90 second video of the devs talking about the character, and even in that brief span they had to admit their dislike for a character.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
In his Armageddon Kombat Kard, John Vogel (head of story/cutscenes for the game) literally just admits that he does not like Hsu Hao.

Imagine a small 90 second video of the devs talking about the character, and even in that brief span they had to admit their dislike for a character.

Everyone loved Bo Rai Cho in his Kombat Kard video. And people wonder why he's in MKX.

The Fujin one is also interesting for the complete lack of enthusiasm for him from the devs. Explains this: https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomb...y_of_the_black_dragon_fight_club_arena_has_a/

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
SpoiIers for the rumoured DLC

I will admit Joker being DLC makes some sense with the movie coming out

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about Mario Kart 9 and 10? Are we just skipping those?

Not sure about the grittier art style change. Cant even tell whos who now. I'm assuming Mario is the shirtless moustache guy.

Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing to me is that Dvorah got announced the same day as Kabal or Jade (it was the same day as one of the Kombat Kasts), and we still haven't seen gameplay of her.

Oct 25, 2017
Shang Tsung (confirmed)
Mileena
Reptile
Ermac
Rain
Guest character

It practically sells itself

IMO the only one I can see making it is Rain. It feels weird that series staples like Mileena, Reptile and Ermac are behind a season pass. The only reason I see Shang Tsung as acceptable is because of the novelty of him being played by the movie actor.

May 26, 2018
IMO the only one I can see making it is Rain. It feels weird that series staples like Mileena, Reptile and Ermac are behind a season pass. The only reason I see Shang Tsung as acceptable is because of the novelty of him being played by the movie actor.

Ok so what if Mileena is... Talisa Soto?

Shit, then so would Kitana and she's not. Nevermind.