• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
In MK12 they'll re-retcon things and all the cyborg ninjas will be canon again (and he'll have a human alternate skin of course)

Seriously though between this and X the long age of the ninjas seems to be over.

MK11 launching with only 3 fucking ninjas. It can't really get any worse than this.

Oct 27, 2017
What about some of the child characters of MKX? Is it pretty sure, they wont't have a place in whatever time-travel shenanigan story 11 will whip up?
I miss Kung-Jin and especially Takeda, i really connected with all the youngsters in MKX and they were fun to play.
No, they sucked and weren't fun to play. Bring back the cyborg ninjas or we riot! ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
No, they sucked and weren't fun to play. Bring back the cyborg ninjas or we riot! ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

:(

But seriously, why not both? There are so many good and beloved characters in the franchise, i'd hate to see the DLC support consist of mostly 3rd Party characters like Jason, alien etc. Fun, but not if there are some obvious choices left from the franchise itself. (Smash Wii U was a good mix in this regard).

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
no smoke,rain,ermac,nightwolf,sindel,cyrax,sektor,stryker
list goes on and on

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
All I want from MK is for Liu Kang to permanently return to normal. :/
Yeah me too, they really wasted him in MK X. Felt like he was just an afterthought in the story.
Would be so awesome to have an aged Liu Kang be a part of the story too. At least his younger still good self will turn up in this game, which at least is better than just being stuck with evil Liu Kang.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking maybe Ermac would not make an appearance. Kinda shocked that it's Ermac, Reptile and Smoke not appearing, three ninjas skipping the game (four if you count Rain, but I never had any hope for his appearance).

Frost is a bad addition though, should've been relegated to her small MKX cameo. Hope they made her real fun to use.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
unknown.png

unknown.png

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Could that be Reptile? Maybe due to time travel shenanigans he's going to look like he did in Deadly Aliance
2af40ba5626d20930805c47f10f787ea.jpg

Oh no, 6ix9ine

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah definitely. Honestly it looks pretty fake though

Signs are pointing to it being fake.

This picture got leaked earlier:

This however, appears to be fake and based off of this fan created 3D model:

This new "Reptile" or supposed Kollector alternate costume appears to be fake as well, but there is not yet any proof to corroborate it being fake, like we have with this Shinnok and the supposed Shang Tsung.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Reptile, Mileena, and Shang Tsung are the only absences that really bother me.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Reptile, Mileena, and Shang Tsung are the only absences that really bother me.
Everyone keeps bringing up Reptile and Mileena, and I feel like the only Quan Chi fan in the world. My favorite necromancer has been involved heavily in the story of every single Mortal Kombat game since 1997! He only sat out Deception because Raiden blew everyone up (he got better by the next game) and MKvsDC, despite being in its story quite a bit, because Midway went under and DLC plans with him were axed.

It's... weird... to me to have a game with such a heavy focus on the revanants and the Netherrealm and no Quan Chi.
MerryInfatuatedAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Quan Chi is skipping this game. Dude had a heavy presence in MK9 and X, time he took a break.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
It's a better roster than X but still pales in comparison to 9.

Hakai

Oct 27, 2017
They could be reusing the model since its still in development...

But my brains kinda telling me that "Kotal Kahn" there is actually Liu Kang using some sort of Aztec skin from a dlc pack

Kotal wouldnt be missing his macuahuitl

You have a real good point, he has the same stance as Liu Kang, which is vey weird.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking on the new guys:
Cotrion being nature based is cool. Ivy and Swamp Thing in INJ2 means they got plenty of plant tech.
Really interested in Kollector. With a name like that maybe he is a big deal? If he collects souls maybe he is like or just is Shang Tsung or Ermac.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
I will be sad if Rain is not in, Because of Princes passing I personally feel they should honor him. but that's just me

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I really like how Noob is going full armour, looks great.

Roster seems pretty ok, not the worst but not the best.

Lame that there's no Cyrax or Sektor