• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm kind of surprised NRS has never done "personal" fatalities for characters that particularly despise each other considering all of the other ideas they have.
I don't know... some of the current ones are hysterically awkward this way.
tumblr_nmfu2kIJOE1rozmfyo1_500.gif

Mg7yWm.gif

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
There is this weird phenomena occurring where I keep trying to read the names from the leak and all I see is NO REPTILE!

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

So... this is directly related to this leak.

I dunno, is this leak different from any other leak?

Oct 25, 2017
Noob looks sick as hell, and I'm glad that Jade is back, other than that.....this is pretty disappointing.

My man Smoke getting disrespected AGAIN!

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019

If the whole roster dropped on a steam achivement list, I'd be reporting on it. If there was rumors being spread and characters were among the conversation, I'd discuss what's being spoken about and my thoughts on the situation.

If someone in office is snapping pics, showing off the whole roster and several characters while others aren't looking to eventually get credibility with their group and leak onto the internet, it feels grimy.

To me, there's a difference between information being made public on accident and intentionally against the well being of those you work with. Some people might not understand this context, which I understand. I know a lot of people will immediatly accuse me of being in NRS/WB's pocket by not reporting on this stuff, but I've already been very critical on the way MK11's gameplay is and the multitude of things I'm worried about. I'm more anxious to see what everyone says about the gameplay once the betas take place, becuase a lot of the folks that love MK in the past don't seem to enthusiatic about 11 after playing it.

Either way. Leaks still suck, especially this one.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017

I agree with Max. Gleaning info from steam, achievements, strategy guides, etc is all fun and games. Here we have one guy taking pics of NRS screens. There's maliciousness here. it feels dirty.

That being said, KOTAL FOR LIFE

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

The different thing here is someone took photos of a dev build and distributed them.

That's pretty uncommon. Even when whole rosters leaked for past games, like when an artist from the Injustice 2 mobile game leaked the whole roster, it was just a list without someone sneaking out actual photos of the unrevealed characters.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If the whole roster dropped on a steam achivement list, I'd be reporting on it. If there was rumors being spread and characters were among the conversation, I'd discuss what's being spoken about and my thoughts on the situation.

If someone in office is snapping pics, showing off the whole roster and several characters while others aren't looking to eventually get credibility with their group and leak onto the internet, it feels grimy.

To me, there's a difference between information being made public on accident and intentionally against the well being of those you work with. Some people might not understand this context, which I understand. I know a lot of people will immediatly accuse me of being in NRS/WB's pocket by not reporting on this stuff, but I've already been very critical on the way MK11's gameplay is and the multitude of things I'm worried about. I'm more anxious to see what everyone says about the gameplay once the betas take place, becuase a lot of the folks that love MK in the past don't seem to enthusiatic about 11 after playing it.

I see where you're coming from and fully agree with you. There's a huge difference between info someway accidentally being leaked and someone at the development studio taking pics and leaking it himself/herself. You're fucking over the company paying you when you do that.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018

I don't know if you will answer, but, which folks are you specifically talking about? pro players? people close to you?

Just curious

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still holding out hope that this isn't the full roster. Sonic Fox's main is supposed to be Rain. I still believe. Make it RAIN Boon, he came too late to play as him against my friends in 9 and wasn't in 10 at all. Put my dude in the core game this time ffs.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still holding out hope that this isn't the full roster. Sonic Fox's main is supposed to be Rain. I still believe. Make it RAIN Boon, he came too late to play as him against my friends in 9 and wasn't in 10 at all. Put my dude in the core game this time ffs.
The issue is we're dealing with Ed Boon who really, really likes fucking with people.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
I don't know if you will answer, but, which folks are you specifically talking about? pro players? people close to you?

Just curious

Devs, artists, QA, leads. This doesn't apply to NRS only. I've had pretty good relationships with Capcom/Namco and many others. However, it's never kept me from being critical about aspects of the games. Whether it's dealing with online in DBFZ, the many issues of SF5, or the slow and slightly boring gameplay of MK11. Verdict is still out on MK11 tho, as it's not even in beta yet.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
The issue is we're dealing with Ed Boon who really, really likes fucking with people.
True but that isn't his typical style for fucking with people. It'd be odd for them to have place holders on the screen for DLC also and odd that there's multiple unlockable in-game characters and major names at that too. Something here doesn't add up to me so I will continue to hold out hope on roster surprises for now.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I agree with Max.

A shame this shit had to be just outed in this manner. It takes the fun out of gaming in a way especially just because of some asshole wanting to get the first hits

With that in mind, no issues with the initial roster, especially considering who is apart of the secret roster

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Devs, artists, QA, leads. This doesn't apply to NRS only. I've had pretty good relationships with Capcom/Namco and many others. However, it's never kept me from being critical about aspects of the games. Whether it's dealing with online in DBFZ, the many issues of SF5, or the slow and slightly boring gameplay of MK11. Verdict is still out on MK11 tho, as it's not even in beta yet.
Thank you for answering, however, i was talking specifically about the MK11 gameplay. You said some people who loved MK in the past were not very thrilled with MK11.

You answered "devs, artists, QA, leads"...unless those are the kind of people that disliked MK11(in this case from other devs). Just making sure you got the question, because the answer was kinda wierd, no offense.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I consider the leak to be fully positive for consumers (more time with more information to make an informed decision), but it is quite harsh for NetherRealm. I actually hope it's a disgruntled employee rather than media or someone else they invited (I'm not sure why I feel this way... I guess it feels like a situation that couldn't have been avoided if it's someone other than a tester or something)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
This was a shitty way to find out about the roster, but it highlighted to me the disconnect there is when fighting game makers keep rosters a secret well into what are very aggresive pre-order campaigns that beign as soon as the game is announced.

I think there is plenty of room for sharing important information about the product (i.e. the roster) while still maintaing "hype." It doesn't feel cool to me either for a marketing plan to withhold important product content info while still pushing people to commit $60 to $100 sight unseen. I think fighting game marketing plans have strayed a little too far toward the "gotta build hype" mentality and away from courtesy to potential customers.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I cant imagine all the interrogations going among NRS staff especially QA testers. Must be rough. The port team too.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Thank you for answering, however, i was talking specifically about the MK11 gameplay. You said some people who loved MK in the past were not very thrilled with MK11.

You answered "devs, artists, QA, leads"...unless those are the kind of people that disliked MK11(in this case from other devs). Just making sure you got the question, because the answer was kinda wierd, no offense.

Sorry, thought you were referring to who I knew in the games development.

I'm not going to out anyone or speak for them, but I've had conversations with several MK9/MKX fans aside, including many fellow content creators. All these accounts played the game a similar amount of time as I did, and we were all fairly underwhelmed with how slow the game is and how there seems to be a lack of creativity in the combat. Although, we've all agreed that the game is early and there's no way to pull conclusions just yet(I've discussed this in videos already). The beta will be very telling how people feel about the combat in 11, and the possibility of it getting even better with hours and hours.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018

I'm not going to out anyone or speak for them, but I've had conversations with several MK9/MKX fans aside, including many fellow content creators. All these accounts played the game a similar amount of time as I did, and we were all fairly underwhelmed with how slow the game is and how there seems to be a lack of creativity in the combat. Although, we've all agreed that the game is early and there's no way to pull conclusions just yet(I've discussed this in videos already). The beta will be very telling how people feel about the combat in 11, and the possibility of it getting even better with hours and hours.
Thanks for answering man.

Talking purely as an expectator, since i didn't play the game yet, I think it will take some time for some people to adjust to this game, specially coming from MKX.

And btw, as a fighting game fan i greatly appreciate your work, and honesty(something hard to find nowadays), keep doing it.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

Any impressions from people who played Injustice 2?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Person who took photos is not person who leaked them to public.

But what I really want to know is, who the fuck hired the guy in charge of the play testers?!!! Someone comes in? Empty your pockets, everything out and no phones with no exceptions.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This whole situation really sucks and I do hope they find the guy who did it.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017

After the last 4 NRS games, MK11 is kinda exactly what I want gameplay wise, a much slower toned down game.
However, the reactions to MK11 are going to be hella mixed, and a lot of recent MK fans are gonna hate it, the pace is the exact opposite of X. Much less focus on combos and straight rushdown.

My hope is they keep MK on this path, and turn Injustice into what MKX was, a full crazy breakneck game. It would help the two games to coexist and change up Injustice because fuck was I2 boring, and I loved I1.

From a spectator point of view, MK11 is gonna be mad boring, all the esports money they are gonna pour into it only for no one to want to watch it.
Well MK's neutral is fun to play, it's not nearly as exciting to watch as SF's neutral.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Apparently this is trailer/reveal schedule:

-March 7th - Kano gameplay reveal

-March 12 - Sony reveals Cetrion

-March 14 - D'Vorah gameplay reveal

-March 20 - Mobile Stream 2 (Skarlet, Baraka and Sub Zero join)

-March 29 - Frost reveal

-April 10 - Story trailer

-April 12 - Erron Black trailer

-April 16 - Kotal Kahn trailer

-April 18 - Jackson family trailer

-April 22 - Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao trailer

-April 23 - Game release"