• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently this is trailer/reveal schedule:

-March 7th - Kano gameplay reveal

-March 12 - Sony reveals Cetrion

-March 14 - D'Vorah gameplay reveal

-March 20 - Mobile Stream 2 (Skarlet, Baraka and Sub Zero join)

-March 29 - Frost reveal

-April 10 - Story trailer

-April 12 - Erron Black trailer

-April 16 - Kotal Kahn trailer

-April 18 - Jackson family trailer

-April 22 - Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao trailer

-April 23 - Game release"
No multiplayer trailer???

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018

Why would NRS decide not to reveal/show-off Noob and Cassie?

Not to mention Sonya and Johnny had their own reveal dates months apart when it would have been as easy to combine each, plus Cassie, into a trailer like they're purportedly doing with the Jacksons.

Oct 26, 2017
What's the source on Mileena, Shang Tsing and Shinnok being in the game?

It's an unsubstantiated rumor right now. Apparently, those three were leaked before the character select screen leak that occurred recently, and this leak also contained the name "Cetrion".

That said, it's still a rumor as of now. As far as where it originated from, it came from Reddit, I believe.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Switch will get all the DLC this time or if they'll drop it after season 1 like Injustice
Well, the Switch isn't the Wii U, so if they do drop the DLC for Switch MK11, there will be a lot more people complaining.

I was one of the people that complained about the dropped support for Injustice Wii U. ;_;

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's an unsubstantiated rumor right now. Apparently, those three were leaked before the character select screen leak that occurred recently, and this leak also contained the name "Cetrion".

That said, it's still a rumor as of now. As far as where it originated from, it came from Reddit, I believe.

I'm a little scared, have you seen how rapid Mileena's fans are? Trust me, it ain't pretty.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about the Mileena rumor is that those images have been around for awhile on Discord, so someone could have seem them and then turned them into their own rumor for fun.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

-March 29 - Frost reveal

Makes me wonder if Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana are the leads of the game if their trailer is a day before the game's release.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about the Mileena rumor is that those images have been around for awhile on Discord, so someone could have seem them and then turned them into their own rumor for fun.
This is what I think happened. Someone probably saw the three extra boxes and just assumed Mileena, Shinnok, and Shang Tsung would be hidden based on unrelated rumors they heard. I don't buy it.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

-March 29 - Frost reveal

Where's my sweet boy Noob?

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
A lot of people are saying they aint liking this one. I wonder how long the game will last

Last edited:

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
It would be really smart for nether realm to DlC-ize Mileena, they would make so much! and mabey in that roster spot have rain and replace shinnok with reptile?
I cant be the only one who wants more of the ninjas

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
If the whole roster dropped on a steam achivement list, I'd be reporting on it. If there was rumors being spread and characters were among the conversation, I'd discuss what's being spoken about and my thoughts on the situation.

If someone in office is snapping pics, showing off the whole roster and several characters while others aren't looking to eventually get credibility with their group and leak onto the internet, it feels grimy.

To me, there's a difference between information being made public on accident and intentionally against the well being of those you work with. Some people might not understand this context, which I understand. I know a lot of people will immediatly accuse me of being in NRS/WB's pocket by not reporting on this stuff, but I've already been very critical on the way MK11's gameplay is and the multitude of things I'm worried about. I'm more anxious to see what everyone says about the gameplay once the betas take place, becuase a lot of the folks that love MK in the past don't seem to enthusiatic about 11 after playing it.

Either way. Leaks still suck, especially this one.
TRUE that

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are saying they aint liking this one. I wonder how long the game will last
LMAO

That's cute. "A lot" doesn't mean anything. As long as you have staple characters like Scorpion, Sub Zero and Liu Kang, the game will be okay in terms of sales / last appeal.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
WIthout fan favourites like Smoke, Rain,Ermac and Fujin, this game is gonna FLOP so damn hard. I almost feel bad for NRS then I remember they're the ones not including them.

They deserve to hold the L.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Uh Kano is in the game.
It's going to sell 10 million copies and win every game of the year award.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
The gameplay looks so much better imo. The focus on moving away from extended juggle combos feels refreshing. I want a game based around thought and spacing and less on execution. This looks great!

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Question for every one:
Do any of you play "splitscreen/offline"(same TV) with with your friends and fam? I never see any talk about that so... do you?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Question for every one:
Do any of you play "splitscreen/offline"(same TV) with with your friends and fam? I never see any talk about that so... do you?
That's a weird way to ask if people play Mortal Kombat in local multiplayer, which doesn't even have splitscreen.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Question for every one:

My friends enjoy fighting games but we can't play locally or online because the skill difference is too big. They don't like being destroyed and it is boring to play with them. 😁

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
I saw a YT comment on game zombies channel(Not him) saying that the DLC roster spots arent added at this point. least not till the beta or full reveal. could this mean we have 9 more unknown kharacters?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I agree with Max. Gleaning info from steam, achievements, strategy guides, etc is all fun and games. Here we have one guy taking pics of NRS screens. There's maliciousness here. it feels dirty.

That being said, KOTAL FOR LIFE

Yeah, thats pretty much a fair take on the leak situation.

MK11's new slower gameplay is a radical change from X so we'll need to see how it resonates with people after it comes out before making conclusions.

Frankly, people going "I like this" or "I don't like this" should be ignored at this stage. Or, at least not taken too seriously.
Its a limited experience with an incomplete game. Unless youre NRS who does have to take these things in consideration vs weighing those impressions vs their finsl vision for the game. People were saying shit about the likes of marvel 3 in the pre release period and that game went on to be a pillar of the FGC for years. Very few people if any one at all are playing a finalized version of the game and no one has had any real time to explore.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I agree with Max. Gleaning info from steam, achievements, strategy guides, etc is all fun and games. Here we have one guy taking pics of NRS screens. There's maliciousness here. it feels dirty.

That being said, KOTAL FOR LIFE

There is no maliciousness. I've said it several times and several people who know better can back me up on this. A guy (don't know him) sent the pictures to a friend in January. Friend ended up not being as trustworthy as original guy thought, sent them to another person, and so forth. Eventually (and unfortunately) someone who got ahold of them and wanted some attention blasted them online. The leaker and picture taker are very far removed. It's a miracle they stayed on the DL as long as they did.

I've said this a billion times but it's easier to ignore this and forcefeed this "malicious" narrative that doesn't exist to make anyone giving the leaks the time of day to feel like assholes. Don't get me wrong, person who took the photos is a dummy asshole and fucked up a multi-million dollar marketing plan, but they really didn't want it getting out or those pictures to get to where they've gotten to. This whole "one leak is morally superior to another" schtick is silly, especially when the circumstances are consistently misrepresented.