• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Feel like the roster will grow, seems kinda small.

I feel the same way. But when all is said and done after the 9 dlc characters hit we're at what, 34? I haven't looked at the screens again lol. But yeah even that seems kinda light but that's not that surprising when you consider how much work has gone into all the gear and special moves each character has. Plus there is supposed to be an amazing single player experience that has not (definitively) been spoiled yet.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
I feel the same way. But when all is said and done after the 9 dlc characters hit we're at what, 34? I haven't looked at the screens again lol. But yeah even that seems kinda light but that's not that surprising when you consider how much work has gone into all the gear and special moves each character has. Plus there is supposed to be an amazing single player experience that has not (definitively) been spoiled yet.
6*

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I always found Hsu Hao as a discount Kano. What's his appeal?

Any time you see Hsu Hao mentioned as a character someone wants to see returns it's almost certainly a joke as he's widely regarded as one of the worst characters in the series

Just from looking at this guy you can already tell he's a dud. That's not just an opinion we have either. Even his creators have said he sucks, with Ed Boon specifically naming Hsu Hao as one of his most disliked characters in the entire franchise. In fact, the Mortal Kombat team has named him as one of the characters that they have no intention of ever bringing back, and they were even irritated when they realized they had to bring him back in Armageddon since every character was in that game. Yeesh, talk about being unpopular.

https://screenrant.com/mortal-kombat-video-game-lamest-worst-characters/

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Are people really talking shit about Hsu da Gawd up in here?!! For shame.
image0.jpg

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Ehh that's giving into the suggestion there's 3 unlockables which is very, very far from anything based on substantiated precendence or evidence.

Are people really talking shit about Hsu da Gawd up in here?!! For shame.
I am thinking so that the dlc slots arent shown yet and that is the roster at said build

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really am not liking the roster in the game.. and it's quite literally the only thing stopping me from preordering.
Jax, Johnny Cage and Sonya shouldn't even be in the roster, and you get the feeling that Johnny and Sonya weren't going to be in this game during MK X. I also dont understand why Frost is in there. Roster feels seriously lacking.. and I bet alot of characters that should be in the base game is going to be dlc.
Obviously... Netherelm can change my mind.. if those extra slots turn out to be people in the base game, but considering the PSN Store says "6 DLC characters for the deluxe edition", I highly doubt it.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Really am not liking the roster in the game.. and it's quite literally the only thing stopping me from preordering.
Jax, Johnny Cage and Sonya shouldn't even be in the roster, and you get the feeling that Johnny and Sonya weren't going to be in this game during MK X. I also dont understand why Frost is in there. Roster feels seriously lacking.. and I bet alot of characters that should be in the base game is going to be dlc.
Obviously... Netherelm can change my mind.. if those extra slots turn out to be people in the base game, but considering the PSN Store says "6 DLC characters for the deluxe edition", I highly doubt it.
with all the hints in mkx, I do believe jax will die this time. and i think since theyr og's they might always stay

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
from what I have gathered, moves and your looks are totally seperate

Is there any way then to tell what moves your opponent has? I guess not knowing could be interesting and part of the strategy.

I wish the characters in the game weren't tied to the story. I play through the story once, then I'm done. I just want to play all my favorite characters. I don't want Goro to be dead or other characters to be dead/old. Just give me the klassic characters and klassic stages. I want Sektor, Cyrax etc.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Is there any way then to tell what moves your opponent has? I guess not knowing could be interesting and part of the strategy.

I wish the characters in the game weren't tied to the story. I play through the story once, then I'm done. I just want to play all my favorite characters. I don't want Goro to be dead or other characters to be dead/old. Just give me the klassic characters and klassic stages. I want Sektor, Cyrax etc.
I do not think so, no

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019

but i think theyr keeping curtain moves per character online

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Kotal looking badass as usual, but I'd like a clearer shot of Jacqui. Since someone somewhere (reddit?) said it would make sense for her to adapt Takeda's look and moveset and make her a military ninja of sorts that idea won't leave my head... now I'm strangely excited for her.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Wait what?
Sonya and Cage are synonymous with MK.

Hell, after the onslaught in MK9, they were the only ones to survive it. They were 100 percent coming back to MK X.

Then, MKX story rightfully centered around them and their daughter.

MK11 HAD to have the Cage family back.

P.S. All 3 are my fav characters as well. :-)

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Kinda confused by this. How exactly is he seeing the story mode and stuff? He's putting his face out there with the leak so I assume he has no relationship with NR (or one he cares to keep).

He's a YouTuber. They get invited to events and to NRS offices for things so he was likely supposed to upload this at a later date and fucked up lol.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what?
Sonya and Cage are synonymous with MK.

Hell, after the onslaught in MK9, they were the only ones to survive it. They were 100 percent coming back to MK X.

Then, MKX story rightfully centered around them and their daughter.

MK11 HAD to have the Cage family back.

P.S. All 3 are my fav characters as well. :-)
lol Thats why you want them back :P

I just feel they should find a way forward by incorporating Johnny and Sonya 's moveset into Cassie.. and free up two extra slots :P

They can still be in the story though.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I just feel they should find a way forward by incorporating Johnny and Sonya 's moveset into Cassie.. and free up two extra slots :P

You seen Cage though? His personality and fatality is just ridiculous.

I give you Sonya though. Especially with Ronda playing her.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
or they can be skins, and Cassie could have they're moves, wallah
Everyone keeps saying that, but most of Cassie's moves - while SIMILAR to Johnny and Sonya's - had their own flavor and spin on them, and she had a lot of unique moves to her as well. She wasn't a Kira or Jarek move-stealer. She honestly felt more like Stryker to me with all the pistol and baton usage.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Everyone keeps saying that, but most of Cassie's moves - while SIMILAR to Johnny and Sonya's - had their own flavor and spin on them, and she had a lot of unique moves to her as well. She wasn't a Kira or Jarek move-stealer. She honestly felt more like Stryker to me with all the pistol and baton usage.
there is the ability of other cosstom moves now so it is possible

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
with all the hints in mkx, I do believe jax will die this time. and i think since theyr og's they might always stay

Characters

are

not

functions

Repeat after me.

Nobody gives a fuck if Cassie has some of Johnny's moves they are different characters. Johnny is literally a character that has the most personality in all of MK, a series where design and powers is what defined many other characters and they were literally interchangeable.

Johnny and Sonya are fan favorites and were there from day 1, they're not going anywhere. In a game that goes back to the past and visits the original timeline, not having them would be preposterous.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Characters

are

not

functions

Repeat after me.

Nobody gives a fuck if Cassie has some of Johnny's moves they are different characters. Johnny is literally a character that has the most personality in all of MK, a series where design and powers is what defined many other characters and they were literally interchangeable.

Johnny and Sonya are fan favorites and were there from day 1, they're not going anywhere. In a game that goes back to the past and visits the original timeline, not having them would be preposterous.
True True

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That makes me so angry, a whole lot of months of work and secrets has just been scrapped probably by a random angry QA guy that lost his job. At least he will be identified and will surely have a couple of WB lawyers on his case.

Last edited: