• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I know a lot of people don't like guests, and the NRS 2-year support/release cycle is frustrating for those who want longer support, but I can't argue both are smart and work well for them. The guests sell well, and people are super hyped up for the next game in the MK/Inj series 4 years after the previous one. They've got a good thing going, and I can't really see WB wanting them to change it up.

I know it's a meme, but I could actually see it happening for Injustice 3.
Shaggy punching Dickbag Superman in the balls would be fun, honestly.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Keep your anime away from my NRS.
5Adi.gif

Too late.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I posted this MK kharacter bracket poll on a MK discord that I use. I included the leaked newbies just to have everyone. Figured others might want to partake while waiting for the game.

https://www.bracketsninja.com/bracket/41658

Posted here as I dont want to spoil anyone who is avoiding spoilers.

More on topic, Im really looking forward to seeing the Kollectors gameplay. He looks intriguing.

Oct 26, 2017
I posted this MK kharacter bracket poll on a MK discord that I use. I included the leaked newbies just to have everyone. Figured others might want to partake while waiting for the game.

https://www.bracketsninja.com/bracket/41658

Posted here as I dont want to spoil anyone who is avoiding spoilers.

More on topic, Im really looking forward to seeing the Kollectors gameplay. He looks intriguing.

Kobra and Triborg are tied, and Hsu Hao is beating Ferra/Torr.

Who are these people? I'd also complain that Khameleon is beating Cetrion, but we haven't seen Cetrion, so I'll forgive that one.

Oct 28, 2017
The only way I'd accept Scooby in Injustice 3 would be if they used a totally out of place cel shading style for him, like an ArcSys game.
Injustice 3 could use a visual overhaul, somethings more cartoonish like MvC3 would fit DC very well, especially if they took inspiration from their various animated series like TT and the DCAU

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Injustice 3 could use a visual overhaul, somethings more cartoonish like MvC3 would fit DC very well, especially if they took inspiration from their various animated series like TT and the DCAU

I don't think that would play to their strengths, and moreso now with the facial tech. However, I'd love to see them doing something realistic just more stylized on next gen hardware.
Like say Alex Ross style:
lja-justice-herois-e-viloes-by-alex-ross.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think that would play to their strengths, and moreso now with the facial tech. However, I'd love to see them doing something realistic just more stylized on next gen hardware.
Like say Alex Ross style:
lja-justice-herois-e-viloes-by-alex-ross.jpg
Alex Ross would fit Injustice very well, what I really hope for the next game is that they start from scratch with the animations. Injustice 2 looks so bad in motion compared to MK11.

Oct 29, 2017
Lol at wanting a cartoony Injustice game. Like, every other fighter looks like cartoony anime shit, we don't need any more of that.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
so apparently Frost may be leading the new Cyborg initiative, judging by...Dynasty i think it was?

thebagel1

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else kinda done with guest characters in MK? I feel like they have enough cool original characters that they shouldnt need to resort to that, plus I'm into the MK lore and that kinda ruins it for me. It was cool with Freddy in MK9 but they went overboard with X IMO.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else kinda done with guest characters in MK? I feel like they have enough cool original characters that they shouldnt need to resort to that, plus I'm into the MK lore and that kinda ruins it for me. It was cool with Freddy in MK9 but they went overboard with X IMO.
I think they're nice surprises and there are a lot of non-canon things in the base MK games as is. I think the only fighters to surprise me with their rosters lately are NRS, Tekken, and Smash.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'm fine with the guests, but they need to tone the ratio of them in the fighter packs. MKX and IJ2 were a bit much. Especially compared to every other NRS game.

MK9 - 1/4 dlc was a guest
IJ1 - 1/6 dlc was a guest
MKX - 4/8 dlc was a guest
IJ2 - 4/9 dlc was a guest

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
all we need IMO, is pennywise and Michael Meyers. then stop with those guest characters and make billions with a Horror theme fighting game

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
all we need IMO, is pennywise and Michael Meyers. then stop with those guest characters and make billions with a Horror theme fighting game

Licensing can be hard enough, but a full game would be a nightmare.
Getting a one-off guest character for MK is easier than getting enough IPs licensed from multiple companies all at one time to fill a whole roster. I don't think that's ever gonna happen without a lot of missing characters people would expect to be there.

Oct 26, 2017
One thing to keep in mind regarding possible guests is the game's gear system. Among the rumored guests, which ones go hand in hand with MK11's gear system? Even all the guests in Injustice 2 all got a bunch of stylish looking gear that you could mix and match with, Hellboy and the TMNT included.

And while the gear is only limited to three accessories/costume pieces, this still applies to any future guest. So, I'm unsure who we'll see with that in mind.

Aero_Nuva

Mar 1, 2019
Getting a one-off guest character for MK is easier than getting enough IPs licensed from multiple companies all at one time to fill a whole roster. I don't think that's ever gonna happen without a lot of missing characters people would expect to be there.

True

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
I'm fine with the guests, but they need to tone the ratio of them in the fighter packs. MKX and IJ2 were a bit much. Especially compared to every other NRS game.

MK9 - 1/4 dlc was a guest
IJ1 - 1/6 dlc was a guest
MKX - 4/8 dlc was a guest
IJ2 - 4/9 dlc was a guest
Also keeping in mind that they said that guests sold the most in MK and Injustice, hence why there were more in their respective sequels. So them toning it down, would be more because of licenses issues, budget more than anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it would be pretty hilarious if they added two DC characters in MK11 to make up for the 2 MK characters they put into Injustice 2.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They've not revoked or patched out any of the previous though? WB own a lot of horror properties as well.

I don't think it'd be as hard as it seems.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
so apparently Frost may be leading the new Cyborg initiative, judging by...Dynasty i think it was?
It was a theory floating around for a while, someone on reddit put it succinctly in one post though. I haven't watched Dynasty's video because I don't want to give him the views. He's a clickbaiter and rarely reports his sources. Even if what he's saying is correct he glosses over where the source came from. In this case I wouldn't be surprised if he is just regurgitating that reddit post.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I've been trying to figure out what well-known M-rated guest characters that WB would be willing to court are still out there.