• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
So, Canadian Guy Eh, one of the biggest content creators for Spyro & Crash content has once again made a video about Toys For Bob.

Summary:

- He had many private talks with people in the industry over the last few months and always heard whispers about Spyro 4
- On March 20 he flew to Boston for PAX East and had conversations with a lot of developers
- Some of the developers he talked to also heard stuff about Spyro 4 and one person in particular heard things that matched up with what he heard before
- On Saturday an article by Jez said that Toys For Bob had worked out a deal with Microsoft to work on their first new independent game that is "similar to their previous games", which was a quote by Xbox's Matt Booty.
- Canadian Guy Eh heard about this before the article dropped.
- After the article he talked to these people at PAX again and now that the article was out, one of those people confirmed to him that Spyro 4 is in active development since January 2024.

Take this with a grain of salt as always but I'd say he is pretty reliable and if all the information he was given matches up, I don't see why I would not trust him and it would only make sense, given that TFB loves the Spyro franchise and Microsoft would probably like to have some kid friendly games in their portfolio.

Also remember their "keep your horns on" tease from their blog post where they announced they were going indie along with the purple, crystal like article image. https://www.toysforbob.com/blog/2024/WereGoingIndie

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iqAXYfktTw

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
OP I just want you to know that by posting this you are getting my hopes up.

If this turns out not to release I'm coming for you.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Please let this be true. Dear god please.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Their Spyro remakes where so good and actually added a lot of character to the games. I have high hopes for this if it's true.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
41D82DD13FC2C253AD793F89C299852CA5659CAB

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I don't think the evidence is quite enough to say definitively that they are working on a spyro game, but I'm down for it if that's true.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Spyro Reignited on Steam a couple of years ago and it was my first experience with the series. I loved every second of it and got every achievement in every game. I'd 100% pick up a Spyro 4 day one.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Is this one of those spyro/crash creators who has claimed this on like 8 million different occasions in the past in the hope that they will eventually be right

OP
OP
nicoreese

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Is this one of those spyro/crash creators who has claimed this on like 8 million different occasions in the past in the hope that they will eventually be right

Usually he goes with quite extravagant theories based on previous release schedules, trademark registrations, social media activity, etc. Some have been far fetched for sure. This is the first time he has shared info coming from actual sources as far as I know.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Makes me curious who the hell is working on the rumoured Banjo revival if not them. My friend is a huge Spyro fan, so this would make him very happy.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it's true and it's closer to the classic games <3 - more like Spyro 1 or 3 than 2 and its shit-ton of minigames.

OP
OP
nicoreese

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
How is he "pretty reliable" then?

Not reliable as in "he got many things right in the past from sources" but he covered Spyro and Crash for a long time, got exclusive gameplay access and interviews with the developers. I haven't heard anything from him that would constitute as straight up lies and he always makes sure he clearly states when things are theories vs. facts.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sรฉrรฉnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's true! After Crash 4, you can give all the platformers to Toys for Bob. They know what they're doing.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Is this likely the Xbox published game? Spyro does not interest me in that sense. Was hoping for something new.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I truly can't wrap around the idea of Banjo being bigger than Spyro when that franchise has been dead in the water for 16 years. Smash doesn't count.

Spyro got remakes in the recent past and those just hit a 10 million milestone not that long ago.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Yes! Crash 4 was a great follow up and Spyro Remastered was everything I wanted it to be (double dipped for 60fps on PC). Spyro is just one of my favorite games on PS1 and PS1 is my favorite console and I've been clamoring for Spyro 4 by Toys for Bob

They are independent now right? So good chance it will still come to PS regardless of publisher? Not really console warringjust asking since Toys for Bob seems to be in a really weird situation right now after everything.

Their Spyro remakes where so good and actually added a lot of character to the games. I have high hopes for this if it's true.

That's saying something cause the original trilogy is so much character already!

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is probably the best set of remakes I've ever played. Captured everything that made the originals charming while having amazing productions values and gorgeous visuals.

I very much want this to be a thing. Spyro deserves it.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Banjo is forever cursed despite being the bigger IP. Damn

Might I ask why you say that? As far as I can tell, Crash and Spyro both outsold it in their heyday, being on a vastly more popular machine. Both of them still saw entries throughout the PS2/Xbox and PS3/360 era, whereas Banjo got all of one solitary entry that a not-small number of fans are still salty about. A very-rebooted Spyro was even.the face of the Skylanders franchise for a while.

Then Crash and Spyro got remakes of their heyday, whereas Banjo was one of about a million guest fighters in Smash.

What makes Banjo bigger?

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Really hope so, active development since Jan 2024 isn't great to hear though... if true, guess it'll be a while till we see it.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is awesome news if true, I had a lot of doubts about the reignited trilogy before release, but they really put a lot of love into that game and it's fantastic because of it. If anyone is going to make a 4th Spyro it should be them, because they seem to actually care about the franchise and fully understand what made the original's so charming.

Last edited: