• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We've got a very special double-rumor for you today, and the source is...us! We have a tipster who's reached out to us to share this information, and we feel quite confident in it. I've gone through the source's previous tips to us over the years, and I'll be damned it they weren't spot-on. We're talking about tip after tip sharing inside info, and they all panned out.

As I said, this is a double-rumor, but both tidbits pertain to Spyro. First up, we hear that the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is going to make its way to Switch. Many fans saw this as a given, especially considering how Nintendo UK had an entire page dedicated to the game on their online store at one point, only to be yanked quickly after. It seems it'll finally be time to talk about that port, as it's set to hit Switch on Sept. 3rd, 2019.

On top of that, Spyro will be swooping in on the upcoming Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled as well. He'll be tucking the wings in for a stint in a kart, becoming a playable character. We're not sure about the specifics on how to obtain him, and instead only have base knowledge of his appearance as playable in the game.

You won't have to wait long for confirmation on these tidbits. Both are said to have reveals coming at this year's E3, so we'll find out next week!

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will double dip it on switch!
Can't wait to play it portable again.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm assuming PC is coming same day and date?

I had to trade my Crash Trilogy on Switch because of the low resolution and the terrible input lag. Not sure I want to try my luck again on Switch.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So weird how delayed even the *announcement* of this has been when we've all known it's been coming because duh.

Looking forward to it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That's a long time since it leaked on Nintendo UK's website.
Well at least I'm glad it's finally happening, I've been holding off on buying it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yesss finallyyy

Although my wallet isn't very happy about this with all the games coming out.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
It's mostly spyro demo inside CTR, or CTR demo inside spyro trilogy.

There is a chance for spyro the be chrachter inside CTR, but it's a little chance.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Well it's about time, this and a PC release were really obvious ports. Still, I wonder how they'll handle the chunky file size in the Switch version if it really is happening.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just an assumption based on them releasing the Switch version. Something similar happened with Crash, the ps4 versions got reprints with the post launch stuff on disc, after the other versions came out. Or maybe it was just before.

It's my hope that Spyro PS4 gets all of its stuff on disc now, especially now that the game is smaller in file size than when it launched.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I waited! Looking forward to picking this up.

Spyro in CTR is really exciting news too!

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just an assumption based on them releasing the Switch version. Something similar happened with Crash, the ps4 versions got reprints with the post launch stuff on disc, after the other versions came out. Or maybe it was just before.

Ah, interesting. I didn't know that happened with Crash.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
If the performance and graphical quality is decent I'll definitely want Spyro on the Switch.

If the resolution is too low or the framerate dips under 30 I'll probably just pick it up on PC.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yes, for the gba version, same with the egg thing character that wasn't available in the console version.

I don't know, the chance it's just a demo it more likely then a character.
It's not though. None of the games have had demos before. CTR was first teased on the Spyro account, Beenox is aware of how many people want him in the game, he's been in a previous game before... It's just a matter of time until they reveal him.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Duh, it was only a matter of time honestly.

I will probably pass on it though as only Spyro 1 remastered is worth playing and there's no way in hell am I getting the Crash racing game. I am not supporting an ablest company bullshit.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Nice! That means we're getting Fake Velo too, right? :p .. but both of these are "sky is blue" situation, we're just waiting for an actual confirmation

Yes, for the gba version, same with the egg thing character that wasn't available in the console version.

Uuh, N. Trance was in the console versions of Crash Nitro Kart actually; he debuted in a GBA game (N-Tranced), but his only other appearance was in Nitro Kart, both home consoles and handhelds.

The only exclusive GBA/N-Gage character of Nitro Kart is indeed Spyro; the Bosses from the Adventure Mode were playable in the handheld versions too, but not in the console versions.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Why are some even surprised about it or it's timing, this was very obviously going to happen. I assume Spyro is not only becoming playable in CTR as a guest character but also getting new content much like the bonus levels in N. Sane for Reignited.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

N. Trance is playable in the Nitro Fueled. Pretty much everyone familiar with the Nitro Kart characters considers Spyro a lock. It'd be weird if the game had every CNK character except Spyro.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was expected and rumored for quite a while. Similar to Crash, Sony had an exclusivity deal with Activision. Now it's time.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Spyro was a multiplatform game from the start (releasing also on Xbox One); but the case is probably that Toys for Bob couldn't handle 4 versions of the game at the same time, considering their size;
This is the most likely scenario, Spyro was definitely rushed judging by how broken 3 was at launch and how they straight up didn't include 2 games in the disc.