• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need III, I'll play that on my ps4.

Please please give us 1.5 + 2.5. Need those gamesmanship portable.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
so, publisher said a year ago they want to do it, and now a random youtuber is... repeating that information?

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Isn't KH3 unreal engine 4? Fortnite seems to run fine. I think if they lower down some of the settings, they could be able to get it running on the switch. That being said, I'm not waiting for a switch port to buy the game so I wouldn't even buy it if it did come out.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IbPGYG0.gif

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
KHIII is probably having hard enough time running smoothly on a regular PS4 and XBone (0.2 was 900p@30 FPS with slowdown on PS4). Not sure if Nomura & Co would want to release such a gimped version of KHIII that they could make it run above 480p@15fps on Switch. Given the absolute craziness that is on screen anytime you enter combat (tons of enemies, several AI companions, all kind of visual effects and tons of detailed attack & movement animations blowing up all around the screen) and the size & detail of the environments, I have trouble seeing it running at a decent enough performance and IQ that anyone would want the port.

Switch already has issues running linear current gen games like Doom smoothly with them having to block some too-open views with new structures to help Switch handle the workload. A large scale game with over the top action like KHIII seems unlikely.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
I am heavily interested to become a millionare.
Will i ever be one? Maybe
Does it mean everything? Nope

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's this guy's track record?

Also iirc Nomura said he's not considering a switch version right now and just focusing on PS4/XB1. He never ruled out there might be one in the future though.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Last year SE said that they would think about a KHIII port to the Switch but some people thought it was just talk.

Well... at this point this statement is still just talk. Even if this rumor from 'Dreamcastguy' is true, all we're getting is that they're heavily interested in this happening. That still sounds exactly like talk.

Could it run on the switch? Sure. I mean the Switch has proven that it can run extremely modified PS4/X1 games with heavily pared back resolution, effects, visuals, framerates, draw distances, etc., but will that be the case here? All you've got is a rumor about a company possibly interested in porting a title to another platform aka nothing.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
What's this guy's track record?

Also iirc Nomura said he's not considering a switch version right now and just focusing on PS4/XB1. He never ruled out there might be one in the future though.
They never ruled out FFXV either. At some point you just have to be realistic about the feasibility of certain big AAA projects and Switch hardware's ability to run them without such huge compromises/downgrades that are a lot of work to do for poor results that don't do justice to the original version.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I think the series would be a great fit for Nintendo, and has obviously had a ton of games there already, but I just have nfi how they'd get 3 running acceptably on the hardware.
Frankly I'm shocked KH 1.5 + 2.5 weren't announced for Switch yet. Seems like a great addition to the system.

Kingdom Hearts 3 on Switch would be dreamy.
They'd definitely have to follow through with a port of 3 then though, which puts them in an uncomfortable position. The collection would kill it on Switch though, yeah.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
The source is questionable, but that would be dope. It would be cool to have all the games on the Switch.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They never ruled out FFXV either. At some point you just have to be realistic about the feasibility of certain big AAA projects and Switch hardware's ability to run them without such huge compromises/downgrades that are a lot of work to do for poor results that don't do justice to the original version.

I mean switch did get FFXV, pocket edition that is. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness, I'm not gonna be ultimately optimistic for this to appear on the device, same for other games since I wouldn't even get them on the Switch in the first place. It would be nice for people that do want but eh....not really something in my interest.

Oct 26, 2017
I can see it being a tie-in for the revision next year. It'd certainly be one of the biggest name ports Switch can get from Japan. We know UE4 is getting better and better as more updates are released, with 4.20 seemingly being one of the biggest milestones it seems.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
DreamcastGuy is a nice guy but I don't think this is happening, at least not until some sort of Switch Pro is released.

(Although I'm pretty sure a KH Collection is coming one way or another).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a Switch Pro is happening, then Nintendo would've notified these big companies and would want some huge games to show it off. They didn't get consultation from Capcom on the Switch.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
It'll come out just in time for the KH Collection pack to be released on the other consoles that includes III and all the others.

Switch is just III, and more expensive.

Please be excited.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man some of you cant wait to render your year and a half old launch console obsolete

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a Switch Pro is happening, then Nintendo would've notified these big companies and would want some huge games to show it off. They didn't get consultation from Capcom on the Switch.

Even if a Switch "pro" is true, they would still need to port the game to the base Switch though, which I think it's something really hard fo this game. But who knows, not impossible I guess.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

While I don't think it'll happen, it's important to note Final Fantasy 15 runs on an engine so shit Square dumped it and switched all other projects (including KH3) to UE4.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh It's KH, most of the game's handheld outings came to Nintendo consoles, it runs on Unreal Engine 4 and the Switch is the most popular system in Japan right now.

Makes sense shrug.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
But yeah, they haven't even shown Dragon Quest XI and that game was released over a year ago. Maybe by 2021 they'll get around to Kh3.

Status
Not open for further replies.