• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Dreamcastguy posted a video today saying he heard from his source that is close to Square Enix that they are very interested in a port of KHIII to the Switch.

Last year SE said that they would think about a KHIII port to the Switch but some people thought it was just talk.

I personally can't wait to a possible Switch version because I need it now but I hope this is true!

Edit: He knew about the big Final Fantasy presence on Switch before the Direct, I believe he knows people on the inside.

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't release the same day as the other versions it will be too late for me, I would rather play it on the switch though

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
If the Switch has good Unreal 4 support, i can see some sacrifices being made to accommodate a port. Maybe a more powerful revision might do the trick as well?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to say that there's a rule about not posting rumors from fan sites and random Youtubers with no track record.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
First off: who.gif

Second: They're having a hard enough time getting DQXI on Switch and that game is visually impressive enough that I'm extremely curious about how and where they're compromising with it.

And KH3 has waaaay more going on than that game. I really wouldn't hold my breath.

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
first, who's dreamcast guy? second, i bet they are but maybe it isnt even possible technically and if it is, it will take some time to port it

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Honestly if the specs were there i'm sure they would

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I think its pretty likely if it can run on the thing. It would certainly outsell the XBONE version.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I heard someone say Nintendo is buying Square Enix, sources very close to me

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, it's coming to switch and steam for sure. Just need to know when. If they don't do a port it's probably cause it was too demanding.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Dreamcastguy posted a video today saying he heard from his source that is close to Square Enix that they are very interested in a port of KHIII to the Switch.

Last year SE said that they would think about a KHIII port to the Switch but some people thought it was just talk.

I personally can't wait to a possible Switch version because I need it now but I hope this is true!

DCGuy knew about FFXV PE and some other FF related accouncements from the delayed direct before the pre-mature announcement after the delay. Whether it happens or not, it's probably being considered.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they're interested, why wouldn't they be?

it's just whether or not it can happen. odds on it being a streaming game in Japan, if nothing else, are pretty solid though

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
While I'd like to have it on Switch, after all this time I sure as hell aren't waiting any longer for a potential port.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I don't doubt that the Kingdom Heart collection could get a Switch port some point in the future but I question if Kingdom Heart 3 will get port or the legitimate of this video as it's a random youtuber claiming that he has "insider info."

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Frankly I'm shocked KH 1.5 + 2.5 weren't announced for Switch yet. Seems like a great addition to the system.

Kingdom Hearts 3 on Switch would be dreamy.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Would like the KH 1.5 and 2.5 collection more honestly. More games, I think those can work on switch.

Still. Just a rumor from a YouTuber so who knows if it's even reliable. I expect nothing

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck with a port. A streaming version / Pocket Edition would be the best you'd see on Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
I can see it happening. Obviously won't look as good but I'd probably double dip. Same way I'm going to double dip with the best RPG out right now - Dragon Quest XI

Status
Not open for further replies.