• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
So we're finally getting Amano Final Fantasy?

DFFNT_1706_wol-1024x576.jpg

Give it to meeeeeeeeeee!

HqZJNUG.jpg

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh ok, I still have to play Nioh 2 (got it on PS5 with the collection), but I'm definitely interested in this if it's Team Ninja working on the combat.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Approach XIV with a critical eye. Heck, approach Heavensward with that eye, given it's after that that the team split. Heavensward has three female characters of note, in a cast of a dozen: Ysale, aka Lady Iceheart who:
Dies nobly but noone cares, contrasted with the another sacrifice by a male character.

The others are the Mongrel and the Lucia. All three are defined by their relationships to males in their lives, Ysale to Hraesvelgar, the Mongrel to her father, Lucia to Ser Aymeric.

That's it. That's the women.

I see your point, I still trust them to deliver well written woman that are way above anything anyone else at SE does personally.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I want FF ARPG so bad, fuck

Turn-based combat should stay in the 90s where it belongs, never mind the absurd idea of dedicating a high budget to something so dated. If it remains even in the niche segments, it's more than it deserves.

that's my hot take

I don't know what projects you manage but based on this I don't ever want to play them or see them. I can't imagine having this kind of gamefaqs level take in 2021.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who was hoping for a SRPG I'll say that I could not be less interested in s Souls FF. I can see this makes a much wiser decision for 999 out of 1000 people though so ERA is happy/hyped.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the big leak will be square and this would also line up with the rumored Sony exclusive spin off for FF. I'm all in on a FF style Souls game

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds great. Having a few pillars going with this franchise definitely isn't a bad thing. XVI, 7R and this will likely all have vastly different gameplay loops and worlds. For Square I'd imagine it also serves the purpose of expanding the brand and getting recognition by different players. Personally I am excited about all three if this turns out to be true, a more accessible souls game with some FF fittings is an exciting prospect.

Oct 25, 2017
I need threadmarks lol. So it will be a violent and dark FF? Weren't we heading in this direction according to XVI trailer? So even more dark and violent?

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I mentioned in the other thread that a game where you play as the modern take on the Warrior of Light would be really cool, since that design has really only been playable in Dissidia.

RPGamer2

Jul 19, 2018
... how it that related to this?
Just random thought in my head but Platinum Games has been iffy with recent developments (Scablebound of course, Granblue Fantasy: Relink...maybe Bayonetta 3, its been almost four years since the reveal) its probably nothing but it could be that Babylon's Fall was scrapped and turned into this with a new action developer (Platinum > Team Ninja)....or it could be reaching and Babylon's Fall will be revealed with all its glory along with this new Final Fantasy Origins.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The details have me curious for sure. A darker FF, difficulty settings (so we can keep it approachable for most, but reach Souls/Nioh level if we want), with some Nioh DNA but it's own vibe, and set in FF 1 universe. I've always had an idea of a reimagining of FF 1, and though it's not the same, it seems it is a good fit for a type of reinvention of the series.

Can't wait to see this game.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with darker and mature spinoff games but I do hope we get sequels to some of the more lighthearted spinoffs like WoFF and Theatrhythm too. : (

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I'm kinda confused why the other thread was locked. Are we able to talk about other Square projects in this thread?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
He is talking about Pokemon.
That's the only turn based RPG moving millions of units

Ring Fit Adventure - 10+ million
Dragon Quest 11 - 6+ million
Persona 5/Royal - 4+ million
Octopath Traveler - 2+ million

Just to name recent stuff.

There are also turn-based RPGs on mobile that make crazy amounts of money.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I will say that I hope the world is connected, or, if its staged, it at least has some good exploration. I always thought Nioh lacked in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.