• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so that's the game then. Very excited for this one. It's probably gonna be easier for the masses (article mentioned that already), but I'm also hoping it's more colorful and vibrant than Nioh, Souls etc. without going full anime.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it feels more like an adventure as opposed to a mission based game where you pick locations off of a map.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Assuming a Souls-style build system, you could reasonably build a facsimile of any of those.

But if it's more like Nioh, I wouldn't necessarily expect anything so rigid. The closest that Nioh has to "classes" revolves around the individual weapons, and the synergy thereof with other weapons and the Magic/Ninja skills thereof. But you can always change up whenever you want, even up to a full re-spec.

Flexibility is the name of the game, and I honestly hope that can be a thing here, too.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
How similar is nioh to souls I've never played it
Nioh is quite a bit faster, and the levels are singular stages rather than connected. Usually more combat focused than exploration focused. Stamina management is a much bigger deal and there are mechanics in place to help with it.

I also found the bosses to be more annoying than in Souls games but that's a personal take.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Imagine this on PS5 in glorious 4K. This is what true gaming is.
Screen_Shot_2015-09-30_at_9.42.51_AM.0.0.png

Reported.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Imagine this on PS5 in glorious 4K. This is what true gaming is.
Screen_Shot_2015-09-30_at_9.42.51_AM.0.0.png

CHRONO TRIGGER FOR PS5!!!!

chrono_trigger_steam_01.jpg

lmao I do hope if this FF Classics collection is real that they take a lot of the feedback gained from the PC release of these games and actually develop a 16:9 version of the originals.

I actually have been playing Chrono Trigger for the first time on PC, and I know that the initial version was absolute garbage (that image above...) but playing the latest version after the final patch when they fixed everything wrong with it with 16:9 original pixel art is just beautiful. I want that for FF1-6.

E1NexUUXoAcMkPe

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Are there any hints as to whether the FF Collection are just ROMs of FF1-6 like Mana and Saga or remasters including the GBA content?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How similar is nioh to souls I've never played it
The level layout theory is similar (unlocking shortcuts, deadly traps, strong enemies in tight spots) but gameplay is completely different. Nioh is fast paced action game with skills, combos, cancelling moves, stances, weapon switching, etc. Also Diablo like gear progression with constant upgrading/farming loot.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Thanks to Dissidia NT, I have very low expectations for FF spin-offs these days.

And good to know it will be on PC eventually.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
"Stranger in Paradise" gives me hope for a game with some color to it. Hopefully SE has their hands on the aesthetic stuff in general cause TN games are kinda uggo on average lol

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
Not everyone thinks Square's output has been good.

I'd go as far to say VIIr is a fucking terrible game.
That is fair enough. People can like what they want but that still does not change the fact that SE has put out high quality and good (by all metrics that matter) games recently. Yet some people make it seem like they are some shovelware publisher. Not liking something is fine but people should be able to decouple quality from their own enjoyment.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This sounds really promising. we're also getting a FF collection? That's so typical since I just caved and bought the Steam versions not that long ago.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said this in the last thread and I'll repeat it here.

CRYSTAL
CHRONICLES!!!!!!

that is a series/world that deserves to be made and seen on modern hardware. If they lean into it's Diablo/Loot RPG trappings they could have something special.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy this and the other thread really got me thinking. The next week's will be great.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I said this in the last thread and I'll repeat it here.

CRYSTAL
CHRONICLES!!!!!!

that is a series/world that deserves to be made and seen on modern hardware. If they lean into it's Diablo/Loot RPG trappings they could have something special.

I'll be honest: the only way you're gonna see Crystal Chronicles is as a Switch game. I just can't see Sony caring about mutant Kewpie Doll protagonists enough to bother to get them on PS5.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
At this rate, it is not long until we got first leaked image.

Love this pre E3 feeling so much.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
interesting choice, but i think they will have to create a lot of lore, because there's not much of it in FF1

edit:
also there's no cid, chocobo, moogle in ff1 so it will be very distinct

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
The handling of women in XV was terrible, Lightning and Serah probably only have 10 minutes of shared screentime over the span of 3 40+ hour games, they actively sexualized Lightning in LR, and X-2 has issues with faux feminism among other things. Good representation is more than just having a female character as the lead and It's not a stretch to be concerned about how women are going to be handled in XVI either.
Thank you.

Deleted member 81119

Banned
Sep 19, 2020

I don't know how to embed or whatever and the threads locked so I can't quote, sorry for the links.
No that's good, thanks.

Although the response is weird. It could either be porting the original...or it could be the latest version. Well which is it? I guess no one knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.