• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
No surprise there if its true. April seemed unlikely with how little they've shown.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Mauro said this the other day as well. Hopefully MS has some other GP surprises because I can't think of anything they have for the first half of the year.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
One of most anticipated games this year but this is fine with me. Take your time, make it good. The first part of the year is already stacked anyway.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Oof Spring looking mighty light for Xbox - was really looking forward to STALKER 2 :(

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely fine with a delay, there's a ton to play in Q1 anyway in addition to an ever growing backlog.

Only want to play games when they're ready. Should be a huge launch towards the second half of the year.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fine by me. Take as long as you need, I love Stalker and happy for this to be as best as it can be.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Well if it helps not being in the same state that all STALKER were at release, then that's no problem .. if it's really going to be a AAA STALKER game and fully realized what even the original STALKER wanted to be, then they need all the time they can get

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Was gonna skip this anyway unless their stance on NFT's magically changes.

Hopefully Redfall delivers, in Arkane I trust.

Apr 25, 2020
Good call imo. April would have put it at the tail end of a period full of certified smash hits. They would have been completely forgotten.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Not really surprising.

Hope it releases in playable state.

I wouldn't be suprised if the looming Russian invasion has something to do with this.

Feels unlikely any potential offensive would actually affect Kyiv much. IF anything actually starts up (still a big IF as the West is more likely to force Zelensky into political suicide, i.e, trying to implement Minsk Agreements on Russian conditions, which would cause massive backlash in UA ), their priority targets would be Kharkiv and the Black Sea coast.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
They can take all the time they need. If it does make this year, I hope it's not close to Starfield or BOTW.

I wonder if MS has a backup game to replace it for April.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft doesn't have much to do with this game other than them having the marketing deal.
I'm talking their first party output. Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable etc have always traditionally been September-November releases which leads to them competing with franchises like Cod, Fifa, Battlefield etc for sales. Sony plays it very smart by avoiding the juggernauts and owning the spring/summer months then having the juggernauts sell though on there platform.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
I came to terms this would be delayed the moment they announced the release date. Sucks but the wait will be worth it.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
(As always) we should expect a ton of delays anyway, so this would be the first of many if they make it official.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Hmph shame. I'm kinda skeptical what the end product will be, but it's still one of my anticipated 2022 games. Really liking the idea of having Eastern European setting in a high profile game.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Pretty obvious as there hasn't been much footage for a title supposedly releasing in spring.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
No surprise. They will release this broken at the end of the year or do the right thing and wait till next year.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I'm talking their first party output. Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable etc have always traditionally been September-November releases which leads to them competing with franchises like Cod, Fifa, Battlefield etc for sales. Sony plays it very smart by avoiding the juggernauts and owning the spring/summer months then having the juggernauts sell though on there platform.

As a multi-platform owner, that suits me perfectly (business discussion aside). Gives me time to give most 1st parties a go with their respective platform release windows.