• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know of any meaningful differences over the next-gen aware patch the game got for the PS5 and SX ?

Played the game earlier this year and the 1440p/60 FPS mode was pretty dope.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know of any meaningful differences over the next-gen aware patch the game got for the PS5 and SX ?

Played the game earlier this year and the 1440p/60 FPS mode was pretty dope.
They just announced that nextgen versions will come out during summer. No other info.

I presume that EA will announce it tomorrow at Kick Off Live. There is a good chance a sequel will be announced at EA Play, or even an awkward title unveil tomorrow. :D

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm played it on Xbox and was left unimpressed, but as this is a next gen version I'm tempted. Trouble is, Ratchet and FFVII... And I'm just starting out playing Star Wars Galaxies Restoration..All of a sudden there's too many choices.

Is Star Wars galaxies restoration the same as SWGEMU? I miss Galaxies so much.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't it been like that since the patch earlier this year?
Positively not in my case. Yesterday I had 33 serie x game enhanced today I have 34. Ans the only one missing was Star Wars Jedi. It was enhanced when you started the game but not with the filter « optimized for x/s »

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm any chance PS4 save transfers will work easily? I only played PS4 version on EA play so don't have access to the game anymore to "upload" a save

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I'll definitely be replaying this.

I has the misfortune of playing it on a base PS4 when it launched, and even after waiting a few months for patches to drop, it remains the most janky, broken and unpolished game I played last gen (Just Cause 3 was a close second).

Redemption time is near.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
I'll definitely be replaying this.

I has the misfortune of playing it on a base PS4 when it launched, and even after waiting a few months for patches to drop, it remains the most janky, broken and unpolished game I played last gen (Just Cause 3 was a close second).

Redemption time is near.
This game is in no way "unfinished"...it feels like one of the tightest, strongest start-to-finish campaigns I've played in years. I initially played on Xbox One X and had no issues aside from occasional UE4 asset streaming stutter. On Series S/X and PC the game has no technical issues really. Extremely polished.

Sounds like base PS4 and Xbox One are a bit technically buggy...but you're running on 8 year old hardware and expecting miracles.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
This game is in no way "unfinished"...it feels like one of the tightest, strongest start-to-finish campaigns I've played in years. I initially played on Xbox One X and had no issues aside from occasional UE4 asset streaming stutter. On Series S/X and PC the game has no technical issues really. Extremely polished.

It sounds like you had a good experience with the 1X version. The base PS4 version was the jankiest, most broken, unpolished game of last gen for me. Full stop. I'm glad your experience with it was positive, but mine was superlatively bad.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Sounds like base PS4 and Xbox One are a bit technically buggy...but you're running on 8 year old hardware and expecting miracles.

This game was anything but polished, especially at launch.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

I also played it on One X and it was still jank. It is not "extremely polished" in any world just because the SSD can cover up some of the issues. My friend also played on PC and had plenty of animation, cutscene, and other kinds of glitches.

It's a great game but not "extremely polished."

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017

Polished should not be anywhere near this game's vocabulary.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
$24.49 for the Deluxe on PS4 through the store, until 3 AM EST. Really tempted to grab this in anticipation of the upgrade. Been on and off the fence so many times since the initial release, but that discount plus current gen upgrade might make me jump in.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it fascinating how different everyone's experience with this game was. I played it on the launch PS4 and besides one glitch I had zero issues with it and really enjoyed it to completion. How people can compare it to Just Cause 3 which was (unlike the hyperbolic way this term is thrown around this forum) literally broken to the point of ten frames a second is beyond me. I believe it's still unfixed to this day.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Waiting for this for a second playthrough. Played it at release and loved it, but want to give it another next gen go on my XSX :)

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I will continually kick myself for buying a bunch of late last-gen games on XBO. Still probably a year away from picking up a XSX.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, I never finished it so I'll probably restart. This and FF7R:I to keep me busy!

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
Physical copy is out in Hong Kong today. Interesting that EA just shadow dropped this without any official announcement.

193694356_2824955554424133_8732193831954619636_n.jpg

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Oh very nice!
My PS4 version has been waiting in my backlog for quite a while after I did start the game but something else came up and I lost track of going back to it.
This will definitely get me to play it properly now!

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
Really curious to check this out. On the one x it was jittery with a frame rate all over the place it seemed. Finished it on the series x and it felt like a smooth stable 60. It was like night and day. I'm not sure how they can add to that experience. Excited for whatever graphics goodies we get.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA is weird, I know it sold well (I bought it), but I still remain disappointed, specially coming from Respawn.

EA is weird af.

I'm sure EA did everything un their power to sabotage respawn so that they get back to making MP games and buttloads of money for them.

Now that it succeeded EA has to play ball.

I'm quite sure the next game will be a lot better than their first try.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Between this and FFVIIR, I'm really spoiled by lastgen games I haven't got around to that got premium treatment.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
EA is weird af.

I'm sure EA did everything un their power to sabotage respawn so that they get back to making MP games and buttloads of money for them.

Now that it succeeded EA has to play ball.

I'm quite sure the next game will be a lot better than their first try.
I hope so, it has a decent foundation but with less bugs, more weapons, some force combat powers that are somewhat cool, and fast travel...oh, and A WORKABLE MAP!

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Given how little we have heard from these native versions, I'm not expecting a big difference vs the lastgen versions and the patch that received. I would expect at least a high res and performance mode that's higher than 1260p.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
If they add in some decent DualSense features, I'd happily play through the game a second time. I'd be surprised if they did though.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'm kind of glad I never actually got around to playing this before. Would be nice if EA just went ahead and announced the improvements, since there are actual copies of the game out there already.