• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit said:
Fallen Order Videogame: They said this is coming out in November. It takes place about 5 years after Revenge of the Sith and follows the main character whose name is Cal (I forget his last name). He's was a paduwan that survived the efforts to kill all of the remaining jedi. Not a ton of gameplay info but some of the other story lines are that he has a mentor figure who is a woman named Ceres. The only other thing I remember is them talking about other characters they would come across from some of the comics. The mentioned the 9th sister and 2nd sister? Something about Inquisitors? I wish I could remember more about this. They showed a ton of artwork.

MakingStarWars verified the leaked details about IX and The Mandalorian.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/a24dyj/some_info/ (link contains spoilers for The Mandalorian and IX.)

Last edited:

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
For a short moment I thought we were still in November and it would release this month.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Respawn is basically the only reason why I'm still holding out hope for anything good to come out of the Star Wars + EA partnership. Looking forward to it.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Knowing this is respawn ...my mind goes to this is going to be a FPS isn't it

Hope I'm wrong and it's a " force unleashed " type of game but ..open world but Respawn's too small for that type of game x.x

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
It's Respawn so I'm really looking forward to this. Probably a last chance to make a good Star Wars game under the EA licensing deal.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly very curious about it.

EA has been messy as hell with their management of SW, and the announcement for this game this E3 was the most baffling shit I remember. But the prospect of an action/adventure 3rd person game where you control a Jedi is always exciting.

I wonder how much/little it'll resemble The Force Unleashed.

Nov 8, 2017
You play as a jedi. That'd be incredibly stupid.

The three best 3D star wars games (focussed on Jedi at least) were all FPS games with optional first/third person modes. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy. For Outcast/Academy the defaults were FP for the guns, TP for the sabers, but you could swap freely at will.

Respawn has FPS in it's DNA so I wouldn't personally want to change a winning formula there. However, I do have a feeling they'll be going full Third Person since that's been in vogue for a long time now - you get to show off all your animations more in third person.

Oct 29, 2017
The three best 3D star wars games (focussed on Jedi at least) were all FPS games with optional first/third person modes. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy. For Outcast/Academy the defaults were FP for the guns, TP for the sabers, but you could swap freely at will.

Respawn has FPS in it's DNA so I wouldn't personally want to change a winning formula there. However, I do have a feeling they'll be going full Third Person since that's been in vogue for a long time now - you get to show off all your animations more in third person.
Non of those games (except academy in which you started in 3rd person) had you starting as a jedi though.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the Ninth Sister btw
tumblr_p4908cPIEG1w2tgilo1_1280.jpg

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for it. It will be good because Respawn is super talented.

With that said I hope TF3 is making some good progress :/. Would love to see it soon.

Oct 31, 2017
The new Vader comics have been so fantastic, I would have preferred to play a game from his perspective as he hunted down the remaining Jedi while contending with the newly formed Inquisitors and the betrayal within the leadership of the Imperial ranks. A Kyle Katarn retcon would have been welcomed too.

Either way it's from Respawn so the chances of it not being awesome are slim.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Jedi Outcast with physics of Force Unleashed has been a dream game of mine for a decade now.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I did not expect the only thing I cared to learn from a Star Wars leak thread was that "verificate" is apparently, in fact, a word! Nothing against Respawn themselves, but I can't really expect EA to not fumble the delivery on this in some way.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
The story seems soooo boring. Who want to play a Jedi, again? I really hope we'll have a game where we plan a Sith or a mercenary working for the Empire/First Order.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Getting a new game where we play a Jedi and inside the prequel-universe (even if 5 years after) is pretty rad. That's my favorite period outside stuff like KOTOR.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'm cautiously optimistic Respawn might serve us a good helping of single player star wars we all been desperate for.
However, I await the inevitable GAAS and mtx fuckery that sours us all too.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
TitanFall 2's campaign has moments of total brilliance, but God of War 3 had some really painful design decisions...

It's looking like a coin flip, but no doubt I'll be there due to EPIX hype.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh look more Star Wars lore that takes place in-between ep. 3 & 4, like the other 90% of the series.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of a proper non-Battlefront game for years has made this generic-ass premise interesting to me lol