• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
From cinelix

I heard an update from two independent sources (different from ones who'd given me the prior information, and one of whom helped me confirm our Ewan McGregor scoop from last year).

According to one, the previously mentioned Knights of the Old Republic remake is back in development. My other source added to that saying they felt it wasn't so much a remake, but a "sequel" of sorts. It would be a Knights of the Old Republic project that would integrate elements from the first two games in order to bring certain things into the current Star Warscanon. Not necessarily a remake, so much as a re-imagining.

Take with a grain of salt of course....BUT HOLY SHIT IF TRUE

On BioWare's Involvement:
To those worried about BioWare being involved; Austin is maintaining Anthem & working on the supposed 2.0 reboot (plus SWTOR lol), and Edmonton is all in on DA4 *and* early pre-prod on Mass Effect. It's highly unlikely BioWare would be involved in developing this game if this is true. As a matter of fact BioWare hasn't made a Star Wars/un-owned IP since the first KotOR (and the MMO SWTOR). It's the reason they passed on the sequel. They've been focused on their own stuff for over a decade now.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It all depends on the developers, isn't it? Do you want the current Bioware to make a sequel to KOTOR?

I'll reserve my hype until everything is confirmed.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
I'd give it a try never played the originals.
Give it to bio....what other studio in their camp would you prefer. New bio is better than anyone else.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're likely getting wires crossed (assuming any of this is true) with the "High Republic" Project Luminous game that several sources have said is in development.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do not fully believe in Star Wars rumors unless it comes from Making Star Wars.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
they felt it wasn't so much a remake, but a "sequel" of sorts. It would be a Knights of the Old Republic project that would integrate elements from the first two games in order to bring certain things into the current Star Warscanon.
No offense...but I don't think current Bioware can pull off a sequel to KOTOR that would satisfy fans. And if this a tie-in to the rumored plot synopsis of the new Star Wars prequels, then I think it there's a chance it could be a let down. I'd die for a proper remaster, but this doesn't sound like it.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Man I'd love if Obsidian was involved in this. Bioware is a shell of the studio that made the original KotOR, but Obsidian is still going strong

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I, I don't want to believe

Also, BioWare has a lot to prove so I'm skeptical regardless

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there also a rumor of a film or tv show set in the old republic time period too?

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
xmpgh7k7e0r01.jpg

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I mean it's pretty much guaranteed to be BioWare if it's real, right?

EA still has the license.

Oct 27, 2017
Plz set it in the same time line and I'm there, preferably next gen only but I'll take current gen. KOTOR games made me the gamer I am today

this reminds me I've been wanting to play Jade Empire for 15 years. I think I will do it once I finish the game I'm playing now. Love that OG Xbox era BioWare

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
It all depends on the developers, isn't it? Do you want the current Bioware to make a sequel to KOTOR?

I'll reserve my hype until everything is confirmed.
A remake is the one thing that Bioware will have a hard time fucking up. Because they don't need to write the story.

But if they use Frostbite for this game, we're all fucked.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
also news..........they really are still working on anthem 2.0?

Wish the best of luck, i really want the game to succeed honestly, i liked it a lot.

OP
OP
Aokiji

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
I hope this is just rumor, otherwise this just continue to prove how creatively bankrupt this industry is becoming.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I mean, if this is what it takes to get Kotor 3.

Honestly I'm just waiting for Disney to smash the glass on "make Revan canon" films.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
It's my favorite game of all time - so I'm there no matter what. But I would wager this will almost certainly disappoint.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I 100% believe EA is dumb enough to saddle the Austin team with the shitty Anthem project instead of a proper reboot of KOTOR.

At any rate, real or not, LF will resurrect KOTOR at some point, and it's gonna be a video game.