• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
And in the 1800s there were no consoles. What's 2000s has to do with right now?
PS has Spider Man because Sony holds rights to the character - which is something Disney isn't too happy with but is a result of Marvel financial woes of 1990s.
What does Switch have?

I really don't understand how people got this idea in their head when Activision has been making multiplatform Spiderman games before and after Sony Pictures ever released a movie.

Oh and for Switch, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is a switch exclusive

....with Spiderman lol

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
After 2023 there will be Star Wars games coming from any publisher that negotiates with Disney and LucasFilm. The idea will be to have a steady stream of games coming. If some of those come from Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo, that's fine-- we'll still be getting stuff from EA, Ubisoft, etc.

And I'm perfectly fine with this idea.

Hell, I'm already wondering if Nintendo will be in the mood to a) give us re-releases of the Rogue Squadron series, and b) commission somebody (likely Bamco?) to do a new game.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Every time this thread gets bumped I think it's another Shinobi super-tease. Someone just put us out of our misery.

I want this game, in whatever form it takes, more than anything. I don't care if it's exclusive to Stadia, or some £4000 VR headset made by Mark Zuckerberg's evil twin, I'm getting it.

Will take a reboot, remake, sequel, prequel, far-off High Republic reimagining or just a proper HD, widescreen patch for the original games.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
it's always going to be a terrible just for the fact of what they did to Revan and the Exile alone. Story wise, it's complete hogwash to a point of bad fan fiction.
I like it through The Hutt Cartel. Shadow of Revan > Knights of the Eternal Empire is hot garbage.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I have a weird guess, but what if it's Monolith (Shadow of War)? They are working on a sci-fi/fantasy new ip and we have no idea what it is.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I really don't understand how people got this idea in their head when Activision has been making multiplatform Spiderman games before and after Sony Pictures ever released a movie.

Oh and for Switch, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is a switch exclusive

....with Spiderman lol
Cause a lie gets around the world 3 times before the truth even gets a start lol

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm not sure if Bioware NOT being involved gives me more or less hope about this turning out good.

Edit: fuck this is a year old

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if Bioware NOT being involved gives me more or less hope about this turning out good.

Edit: fuck this is a year old
Maybe Casey Hudson left BioWare for the 17th (but not final) time to team up with the Doctors at a mystery studio for the Knights of the Old Republic reboot.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
What should I do to start playing The Old Republic? I'm only interested in the campaigns stuff, so I guess what I need to do is become a preferred player. Does anyone know if that unlocks the expansions?

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
What should I do to start playing The Old Republic? I'm only interested in the campaigns stuff, so I guess what I need to do is become a preferred player. Does anyone know if that unlocks the expansions?
Subscribing once unlocks all expansions. But please save yourself and stop before Knights of the Fallen Empire which...coincidentally you actually get everything up to that point as a free to play player.