• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Psyduck a platypus?

• No, you fool. He's a duck!

Votes: 915 72.7%
  • Yes, it's all a ruse!

Votes: 343 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this thread isn't locked because there is a high probability that these ones are actually legit.

Loving the Bunny and Platypus. The lemur is just lacking some oomphf for me.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe take this one with a pound of salt. It seems to be very similar to the Gen 7 final evo leaks but this could definitely be just someone trying to emulate that leak. Really good designs though. I haven't seen anyone debunk it or claim it as theirs yet.

close if old.

BUNNY! YES! A FIRE BUNNY! MINE!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Even though these are fake I bet fire rabbit will somehow have a fire fighting final evolution.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Water Starter is like the epitome of generic water starter fan designs, but that that's not entirely a bad aspect. Bunny is pretty safe and cute.
Grass Starter would be cool if real, he's a funky looking guy.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Do they put thst confidential on all of their design sketches? I know the Gen 7 leaks had them, don't know if others were like that. Monkey and Rabbit look good.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this even being entertained? Seriously this forum has been too lenient on "leaks" that lack proper verification/credibility.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A grass monkey, because we've never seen that before.

Anyway, super fake. If by some slim chance this happens to be real, then lol.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Sugimori drew this. The lines and shapes are too...deliberate? Feels more like someone carefully imitating his style than his style. It's too precise, well defined.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I want gen 1 eyes back. Angled, not round. It'd make these look so much better.

I did a quick photoshop:
ca11c66c831a66ba5b26283679cd98d2.png

fafa52446d44e5717bbffbffbb248936.png

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting. There's a good chance that these are emulating the Gen 7 starter evo leak like the OP says.

Hmm, the artwork (the largest images on each sheet) for those "starters" look like it's trying to mimic the artstyle of Yusuke Ohmura, the lead Pokemon designer for Sun/Moon. Which makes sense since that's what happened with the Alolan Starters' final evos. There is a noticeable difference between his and Sugimori's art. Ohmura uses more vibrant colours and thicker/smoother lines. Sugimori's colours are usually faded, the outlines are rougher, and he tends to use a texture brush in a lot of his art.

DHhMRwVXkAAnfMA.jpg

Ohmura pretty much drew the official art for all Alolan Pokemon except for Magearna and the Alolan Forms.

The thing is that Ohmura left Game Freak after Sun/Moon finished development and went freelance. He could be working with them again though.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Its fake but if it was real that platypus is my life

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fire one basically being a Fire Pikachu leads me to say this is completely fake. A shame because the water one is adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.