• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Psyduck a platypus?

• No, you fool. He's a duck!

Votes: 915 72.7%
  • Yes, it's all a ruse!

Votes: 343 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Shatner

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In for water type (as always), definitely my favorite of the three looks wise. But there's a very large chance these are fakes as others have said.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I like them but I'm not going to believe yet until we get more support on this.

Think this implies an Australia themed game? More Kangaroo like Pokemon?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I want gen 1 eyes back. Angled, not round. It'd make these look so much better.

I did a quick photoshop:
ca11c66c831a66ba5b26283679cd98d2.png
Game Freak has said in interviews that the reason they were designed that way was because GameBoy's limitations.

TBH that eye design looks pretty bad nowadays.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
These don't really look like Ken Sugimori designs, especially the lemur. Diverging this much seems odd.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A grass monkey, because we've never seen that before.

Anyway, super fake. If by some slim chance this happens to be real, then lol.

What possibility? There really isn't any, this is just another random fake like every week.

Well reasons to be real:

1. Sugomori art style down pact.
2. The characters/letterings are well translated.
3. Emphasis on details (the Bunny tail being removed to show key detail on neck fur)
4. All Pokémon are in some form are habitats of Australia (if assuming the lemur is the Australian Lemur-Like Ringed Tail Possum) and Australian like continent has been heavily hinted at.

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm an expert at recognizing professional art. It was immediately obvious to me that the SM leak was authentic. These? These are fake; the lines and color feel like the work of an amateur.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Probably fake.

If Pokemon is trying to be regional by focusing on real world locations and their native fauna/flora it wouldnt make much sense to have a lemur/monkey and a Platypus in the same game.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're probably fake but I would love it if they were real.

Grass monkey and fire bunny are super cute. A water/poison platypus is such a great idea too.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm assuming they're fake because I love all of them and I honestly haven't had that with new pokemon designs in a LONG time.

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
If this is legit might be the first time I don't really like any of the initial starter forms, but I don't think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.