• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Psyduck a platypus?

• No, you fool. He's a duck!

Votes: 915 72.7%
  • Yes, it's all a ruse!

Votes: 343 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Lots of people saying this is fake...

270d.png

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Keeping the 12 Chinese Zodiac animals tradition going, nice! <3 So this time it's Rabbit.

Platypus is the next water animal that is representative of the aquatic animals, perhaps more so than the beavers.

And the Grass type animal... I just can't put a finger on it for some reason. What animal may it be referencing to?

Oct 25, 2017
Like once we found out that Sun and Moon's leaks were real that sort of automatically invalidates any more leaks for the next gen that goes with the same format because every faker can just copy the layout now, right down to the same confidential stamp.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Praying these are real, best looking starters of the past 4 gens.
So much i wouldn't know which one to pick.

Still, taking it with caution, if its a fake they're just mimiking Gen 7 's leak.
But what a good fake it is!

Also, for those with better knowledge than me, what region has all those type of animals? Africa? Australia?

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Keeping the 12 Chinese Zodiac animals tradition going, nice! <3 So this time it's Rabbit.

Platypus is the next water animal that is representative of the aquatic animals, perhaps more so than the beavers.

And the Grass type animal... I just can't put a finger on it for some reason. What animal may it be referencing to?

A lemur

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's a lemur.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Just looking around for bad Japanese. Can't see anything that's obviously wrong - my understanding's probably not that good - but is it weird that they used a different script to say "front" with every Pokemon? Monkey is マエ, bunny is 前, platypus is まえ. They're all the same word for the record and it does mean "front" but they're written differently.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that makes me think this is fake, even though I don't want it to be, is that some of the words have Kanji characters, but they've used Hiragana characters instead:

まえ - 前 (front)
うしろ - 後ろ (behind)
うえ - 上 (up/top)
した - 下 (under)

These all seem like common knowledge Kanji, so not sure why they wouldn't be used, especially when the Kanji were used in the fire starter's image.

Following from this, the grass starter has Katakana for:

マエ - まえ - 前 - front

Katakana is generally used to create English sounding words, for example:

インターネット - intaanetto - internet

The characters seem to be pretty inconsistent between the images, leading me to believe it to be fake.

Here is the source BTW: https://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/34935062

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ill add if they end up being fake like i mentioned, i hope they fucking use these anyway because damn, pay the artist

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It could only be downhill from the glory of the Rowlet line, so I'd be fine with this.
Even if ANOTHER RABBIT, good thing it's adorbs.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I really like them, especially that grass monkey, but I'm not letting myself grow attached to them until they're 100% official. I still need to get over Cactowl. ;_;

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
If these are fake they're at least a lot better than the last fakes

The platypus specifically is legit

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That lemur is totally excellent! I don't usually go grass but it would be tough to choose between him and the fire rabbit.

suikoden352

Oct 27, 2017
If true then i'm Picking the water platypus as my starter. The bunny doesn't look like a starter really :/ and the grass lemur looks like it could be gen 8's popplio if these are true.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes me think this is fake, even though I don't want it to be, is that some of the words have Kanji characters, but they've used Hiragana characters instead:

まえ - 前 (front)
うしろ - 後ろ (behind)
うえ - 上 (up/top)
した - 下 (under)

These all seem like common knowledge Kanji, so not sure why they wouldn't be used, especially when the Kanji were used in the fire starter's image.

Following from this, the grass starter has Katakana for:

マエ - まえ - 前 - front

Katakana is generally used to create English sounding words, for example:

インターネット - intaanetto - internet

The characters seem to be pretty inconsistent between the images, leading me to believe it to be fake.

Here is the source BTW: https://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/34935062

I just noticed that the platypus image has "mae" in both hiragana and katakana (look at "front" versus "front foot").

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
It's boring if everyone's on team Fake. I'll go team Real to differentiate.

They tried to hard with the confidential part..

Status
Not open for further replies.