• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mike Heskin is well-known amongst the hacking/datamining Switch community and is a vulnerability researcher. It's been a while since the last firmware update and considering Switch Online is dropping next month, it isn't that surprising. It should be something a tad more substantial than usually though, if we speculate from that tweet :

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it has to come before the online update in September, so non-news really.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Firmware update in September for the launch of the Online Service was expected.
Hope it adds some more features than just the basics.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Themes have to be included in this one, there's not much left for them to add besides this

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I just have to assume we are going to get some sort of messaging soon enough consider Switch Online coming up...

please?

Well I guess I could change my avatar again at the very least..

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Other than prepping for online, I hope we get tons of new features, themes on the eShop, an activity log and more stuff related to the home screen/menus if it's 6.0.
I get that it's meant to run fast, be accessible and all, but even then, it feels very barebones.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
For reference, 5.0 was released in March and had the following changes:

• Facebook and Twitter friend suggestions
  • 24 new ARMS and Kirby icons
  • Filter news from specific channels
  • Digital purchases made on PC downloaded sooner
  • Parental controls updates
  • Grip colors for pro controllers visible in controllers menu
  • Notification when a pre-purchased game is ready to play

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Come on...... folders this time? Mayyybe themes?

I feel like Nintendo has been dragging their feet on this. Perhaps it's because they put all their effort making the Switch harder to hack.... if that's the case, I hope they finally have the time to work on stuff for us.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Probably just some behind-the-scenes stuff like a hidden "Buy Online" button that pops into view in september.

This is Nintendo, folks. Expect the worst, and still get disappointed.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People want themes. How about asking for some basic online features that everyone in the world provides in 2018 except Nintendo?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hopefully it's laying out the rollout for the online-program and hopefully there's some neat little extras included.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should really just make the pics a system that ties into games themselves. Let devs include profile pics in the ROM and it puts them in the list for you to use. The current system of Nintendo manually adding pics is just silly.
That would actually be a really great idea, even if its for just the nintendo stuff

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
of course there will be a new firmware update within few weeks.No suprise here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
They should really just make the pics a system that ties into games themselves. Let devs include profile pics in the ROM and it puts them in the list for you to use. The current system of Nintendo manually adding pics is just silly.

Maybe they are worried that some devs will abuse it, but then again I guess they could say 3-4 image icons per game.