manustany
    Member OP

2. LordKano

LordKano

why this one
    it's one of the worst

3. Dragon1893

Dragon1893

Bringing 2 and not 1 doesn't make sense, if this is true it'll probably be both.

I really like the Xillia duology, loved the cast.

4. Dust

Dust

Bring Vesperia you dolts, dear god why is this so hard.

5. SantaC

SantaC

Agreed.

6. Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Also, why just Xillia 2 and not the first one?

7. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

This is so random, wtf.

8. CielTynave

CielTynave

One of my top Tales... but why just the 2nd one?

9. LordKano

LordKano

it's probably a bundle with the two, they already made something like that on PS3
    [​IMG]

10. Izanagi89

Izanagi89

Has the best normal battle theme in the entire series, not to mention, the best dressed protagonist. That said......why.

11. LOL surely there must be something preventing them from rereleasing the game in the West.

12. Chocobo115

Chocobo115

Over Vesperia?
    Why do they pick the one noone asks for over the one everybody wants and actually makes sense to port?

13. sredgrin

sredgrin

Can't imagine they would port this and not the first game in the Xillia series (better received, plus y'know, the start of the story).

I'm not sure it's a "E3" caliber rumor either, not exactly something you'd see announced on any stage.

14. Echo

Echo

It'll be neat if the Xillia collection gets a remaster, I liked #1 well enough. I would like to know if they are doing it to test a new engine? Because we do know that finally the next Tales should be free of it's cross-gen tethers.

15. DarknessTear

DarknessTear

First one is terrible. Second one is marginally better but not by much.

I've seen hints that Vesperia is locked under some kind of deal with MS in the west. Not sure if true?

16. ara

ara

Yeah.

If they're gonna port one of the already localized last gen games, it should be Graces f. Would love to replay that game.

Xillia 1 would probably be fine too, though. I remember enjoying it.

17. Kromeo

Kromeo

I'll take that, the battles had really bad slowdown on ps3

18. Daschiel

Daschiel

Maybe an error and they meant the two games as a combo? The first one was dumb fun, the second I could even finish...didn't feel right

19. Anarki

Anarki

Tales of Festival is June 16-17, so just after E3, I'd guess it's going to be announced there if it's true

20. Silfer

Silfer

I wish they’d bring Vesperia because people say good things about it and it has a great artstyle. But I love the two PS4 Tales games so I’d probably love Xillia too if it came out again.

21. TheStigGT999

TheStigGT999

they should bundle Graces, X1 and X2

22. Dark_Castle

Dark_Castle

[​IMG]

23. texhnolyze

texhnolyze

It's like they deliberately ignore what people actually want.

24. Zerokingx

Zerokingx

Yea I dont understand why they holding Vesperia hostage lol

25. sir_crocodile

sir_crocodile

something something VESPERIA

26. Zedark

Zedark

This. They chose poorly if this is real.

27. I feel as if Vesperia is being looked at with rose-tinted goggles, or platform envy because it never had a US PS release. Jaded male teenage (wasn’t he?) antihero meets convoluted JRPG plot, with a truly one-note and boring villain and endless dialog and exposition are only a few of that game’s faults. I loved it at the time, but it’s hardly the top of its genre in retrospect.

28. Kromeo

Kromeo

I hope they announce Vesperia just so people will stop asking for it. Preferably closely followed by Demons Souls

29. jrush64

jrush64

Nice. I loved both Xillia games. I still want Vesperia seeing as that game will never be backwards compatible.

30. Izanagi89

Izanagi89

I don't know....Xillia 2 had an amazing battle system with the weapon swap system, which led to some of the best combo setups in the series. Xillia's link-up system was pretty fantastic too. They had their flaws but it's far from the worst imo, especially when you look at Tales of World and Hearts R

31. Kromeo

Kromeo

I love the battle system, probably my favourite in the series. The world, the "dungeons" and towns are all really poor though

32. cw_sasuke

cw_sasuke

Probably PS4/Steam if its true.
    Could also see a Xbox version *based-visiting-Spencer*

33. Shanaynay

Shanaynay

Cool i s'pose, if true. Not my favorite by a long shot, Ludger never really clicked with me as a protagonist, didn't help he was 95% silent and i didn't like how he had such a massive advantage in fights over everyone else.

34. H-I-M

H-I-M

So we just reached the 10 year anniversary of their best game, Vesperia, but instead they might port Xillia's sequel, leaving the new players with just half of the story ?

35. johnnydork

johnnydork

I liked Xillia 1&2 but would never replay

36. I would prefer Graces over this. Hell, I think even Zestiria.

37. 2San

2San

I honestly don't understand. It's one of the best. Are there licensing issue's or something?

38. koutoru

koutoru

I would imagine Xillia 1 is also in the works for PS4 if this is true.

We'll probably still get a new Tales of game announcement at the Tales of Festival in June, while in the meantime they'll port the Xillia games to PS4.

39. immortal-joe

immortal-joe

It's very VERY evident at this point that Microsoft permanently tied up Vesperia to Xbox in the west.

40. Strings

Strings

Man, I'm jonesing for a Tales announcement. Especially after enjoying Berseria so much.
    Played through it again recently and it actually holds up really well. Game is still absurdly pretty.

41. H-I-M

H-I-M

We wouldn't be in this situation had they actually just released better games, instead of going downhill after Vesperia.

42. Izanagi89

Izanagi89

Can't at all argure with that though. The Xillila engine was and is terrible. Towns were flat and the world just felt so empty and lifeless. Compare it to Vesperia's and it's just leagues behind.

43. Pein

Pein

Drop that vesperia PS4 release you assholes, it’s the best tales.

44. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

You guys who are asking for Vesperia all the time. You need to be asking for the better game, Destiny Remake.

Vesperia was at least localised on 360, but the best Tales game ever made is still stuck in Japan :(

45. Kromeo

Kromeo

It would seem obvious but some people seem absolutely adamant that isn't the case, for reasons I can't remember

46. Strings

Strings

I actually wouldn't mind an Eternal Sonata port / more games in that vein.

47. Reinhard

Reinhard

Why bother with some of the worst Tales games??? So sad that it looks like Vesperia wont be an option if Bamco Twitter Europe is to be believed.

48. Vincent Grayson

Vincent Grayson
    Banned Member

This has been true of Tales for like, a decade now, sadly.

I just want them to make a world that isn't fucking bland to move around in. Why is that so hard?

49. Jolkien

Jolkien

There's a demand for this ? Glad for those who wanna play.

I don't remember anything besides the MC name and the debt mechanic. The series needs a big shakeup imo