• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Bringing 2 and not 1 doesn't make sense, if this is true it'll probably be both.

I really like the Xillia duology, loved the cast.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, why just Xillia 2 and not the first one?

it's probably a bundle with the two, they already made something like that on PS3
91YnU8as2CL._SX342_.jpg

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Has the best normal battle theme in the entire series, not to mention, the best dressed protagonist. That said......why.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't imagine they would port this and not the first game in the Xillia series (better received, plus y'know, the start of the story).

I'm not sure it's a "E3" caliber rumor either, not exactly something you'd see announced on any stage.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It'll be neat if the Xillia collection gets a remaster, I liked #1 well enough. I would like to know if they are doing it to test a new engine? Because we do know that finally the next Tales should be free of it's cross-gen tethers.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
First one is terrible. Second one is marginally better but not by much.

I've seen hints that Vesperia is locked under some kind of deal with MS in the west. Not sure if true?

Anarki

Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Festival is June 16-17, so just after E3, I'd guess it's going to be announced there if it's true

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they'd bring Vesperia because people say good things about it and it has a great artstyle. But I love the two PS4 Tales games so I'd probably love Xillia too if it came out again.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I feel as if Vesperia is being looked at with rose-tinted goggles, or platform envy because it never had a US PS release. Jaded male teenage (wasn't he?) antihero meets convoluted JRPG plot, with a truly one-note and boring villain and endless dialog and exposition are only a few of that game's faults. I loved it at the time, but it's hardly the top of its genre in retrospect.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they announce Vesperia just so people will stop asking for it. Preferably closely followed by Demons Souls

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I loved both Xillia games. I still want Vesperia seeing as that game will never be backwards compatible.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
why this one
it's one of the worst

I don't know....Xillia 2 had an amazing battle system with the weapon swap system, which led to some of the best combo setups in the series. Xillia's link-up system was pretty fantastic too. They had their flaws but it's far from the worst imo, especially when you look at Tales of World and Hearts R

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know....Xillia 2 had an amazing battle system with the weapon swap system, which led to some of the best combo setups in the series. Xillia's link-up system was pretty fantastic too. They had their flaws but it's far from the worst imo, especially when you look at Tales of World and Hearts R

I love the battle system, probably my favourite in the series. The world, the "dungeons" and towns are all really poor though

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Cool i s'pose, if true. Not my favorite by a long shot, Ludger never really clicked with me as a protagonist, didn't help he was 95% silent and i didn't like how he had such a massive advantage in fights over everyone else.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
So we just reached the 10 year anniversary of their best game, Vesperia, but instead they might port Xillia's sequel, leaving the new players with just half of the story ?

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I would imagine Xillia 1 is also in the works for PS4 if this is true.

We'll probably still get a new Tales of game announcement at the Tales of Festival in June, while in the meantime they'll port the Xillia games to PS4.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm jonesing for a Tales announcement. Especially after enjoying Berseria so much.
I feel as if Vesperia is being looked at with rose-tinted goggles, or platform envy because it never had a US PS release. Jaded male teenage (wasn't he?) antihero meets convoluted JRPG plot, with a truly one-note and boring villain and endless dialog and exposition are only a few of that game's faults. I loved it at the time, but it's hardly the top of its genre in retrospect.
Played through it again recently and it actually holds up really well. Game is still absurdly pretty.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018

We wouldn't be in this situation had they actually just released better games, instead of going downhill after Vesperia.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I love the battle system, probably my favourite in the series. The world, the "dungeons" and towns are all really poor though

Can't at all argure with that though. The Xillila engine was and is terrible. Towns were flat and the world just felt so empty and lifeless. Compare it to Vesperia's and it's just leagues behind.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
You guys who are asking for Vesperia all the time. You need to be asking for the better game, Destiny Remake.

Vesperia was at least localised on 360, but the best Tales game ever made is still stuck in Japan :(

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Why bother with some of the worst Tales games??? So sad that it looks like Vesperia wont be an option if Bamco Twitter Europe is to be believed.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
There's a demand for this ? Glad for those who wanna play.

I don't remember anything besides the MC name and the debt mechanic. The series needs a big shakeup imo