• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
16th is a Thursday which gives me doubt but it is a specific date unlike usual placeholders which is also weird.

hopefully, that date is accurate.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
mr-bison-street-fighter.gif

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
With how cagey they've been about a release date, but seemingly every other piece of info about the game's release officially known, I feel like they're definitely going for a shadowdrop.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
That'd be excellent, it's my most anticipated game outside of the usual suspects (that might not even come out this year), and only 16 days more of wait is sooner than I expected (I'm getting impatient).

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
June is ridiculous

Cuphead DLC
A.I. The Somnium Files nirvanA
Pocky and Rocky Reshrined
Capcom Fighting Collection
Mario Strikers: Battle League
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Sonic Origins
The Quarry

Not even counting the launch of the PS Plus tiers.

Save this game for July!

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
Ooh, so it will shadow drop after the Nintendo Direct that's so obviously happening on June 16th

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
June is ridiculous

Cuphead DLC
Sonic Origins
The Quarry

Save this game for July!
DNF Duel

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I would love for this to be the case, though this would make a surprisingly packed June even more of a hit to my wallet. Hope we get confirmation soon (though a shadow drop would also be fine!).

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
June is ridiculous

Cuphead DLC
Sonic Origins
The Quarry

Save this game for July!

I'll take TMNT over all those(only counting new releases)...although Cuphead DLC is also what I want...fuck.

Huddy

Feb 11, 2018
How are the physical versions going to work with a possible shadow drop, I presumed they'd be available at launch. Have I missed something?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
16th is a Thursday which gives me doubt but it is a specific date unlike usual placeholders which is also weird.

hopefully, that date is accurate.
Some digital titles release on a Thursday, so it could still be plausible.

How are the physical versions going to work with a possible shadow drop, I presumed they'd be available at launch. Have I missed something?
Limited Run Games is doing the physical versions which always get sent to people much later than the digital versions.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Day before Final Vendetta too, will be a great weekend for beat 'em ups.

Hopefully the physical version is the same date too.

LRG said they would reveal more about the collector's edition on the 6th, and Sony's event is the 2nd of June…maybe the game will get a official release date trailer there?

Either way, I hope it's true, because June 30th (the SteamDB listed release date) is already stacked for me with Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak and Cuphead DLC, so this gives me a week to dig into it instead of trying to juggle the three titles over the subsequent weekend.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to double dip anyways. I'm definitely getting whatever collectors edition that's available and I'll download it day 1 to play.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
June is ridiculous

Cuphead DLC
Sonic Origins
The Quarry

Save this game for July!
Outside of The Quarry (and AI but not day 1), I have no interest in the other games, so I'll def welcome this news.

lone_stranger

Aug 24, 2018
June would be fantastic, and I'm getting it on day 1. Streets of Rage 4 had reasonable DLC, so I hope this doesn't get exploitative with any future microtransactions.

Pey

Nov 27, 2017
Argentina
Well, in the most recent press release the devs stated spring as the release date (and then they changed it to summer), so I don't know what to think. I received the same PR in Spanish and it stated Fall (in South America). Either they are preparing for a surprise launch, or it was actually delayed. My guess is that they changed the release date, otherwise everyone was going to assume it'd launch before June 21st.