• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Industry insider Marcus Sellars and additional video game industry insiders have come out and claimed that a brand new Zelda game for the 3DS, which is a Link's Awakening-like remake (we really don't really know at this point), is coming out this year for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Grezzo is handling the development and from what is being said, it is the best Zelda game in with 3D effects yet. ALBW had some great puzzles that incorporated 3D, so this is very exciting.

While speaking to Sellars about the game, he gave some clarification regarding the remake of the Game Boy classic.

"It'll come out within the first 6 months of this year. The team behind it is very experienced at handling remasters and Zelda titles. They have worked on Majora's Mask 3DS, A Link Between Worlds, and many others."

Additionally, Nate869621 of posted this on December 26th on r/3DS. It is more extensive than anything we have heard, and the other info we've gotten does corroborate this, including what Sellars has told us.

• The game was suppose to come out this year, but due to the focus on BoTW and the DLC it was delayed to next year to change the gameplay to a more 'open' approach.
  • The game is being developed by Grezzo, the guys behind A Link Between Worlds and Tri-force Heroes.(They release a zelda game every 2nd year)
  • It will be inspired heavily by Link's Awakening, Many will consider it a remake but it will also be inspired by BoTW and past games.
  • There will be a N2DS bundle.
  • Release is around Q2. Possibly early Q3.
  • The game will be revealed very soon.
SOURCE

Oh my god please let this be true. Mods, please lock if the source is unsuitable.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT, if true i want it, Link's awakening was my first Zelda and it holds a place in mhy heart.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Wow that would be pretty cool, actually. Link's Awakening with a non-linear story and dungeons? Yes, please!

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love link's awakening and if it's true than awesome,. It's still in my top 3 Zelda games and I will pick it up day one.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If true, holy shit, 3DS is still alive!

I would like such a game on higher resolutions though!

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Marcus Sellars is a non-source. He's the "Dark Souls and Xenosaga for Switch" guy.

Oct 27, 2017
3DS.

3DS why

Still buying even though I don't like Link's Awakening. I expect this to fix all of that game's problems.

Also, Grezzo had nothing to do with A Link Between Worlds.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If they can do this, they can also do a full fledged Ocarina of Time Remake based on Breath of the Wild :D

Pssssh.... go away. Let me dream!

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We already know Grezzo is looking for 'HD-experienced developers' so this is a likely game for Switch, not 3DS.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This rumor has been discussed quite a bit in the pre E3 hype thread.

General consensus there is that none of the sources are credible enough to make it anything substantial. Marcus Sellar in particular is not trustworthy at all.

Oct 26, 2017
"Marcus Sellars"

Guys you know Marcus Sellars has no information, right.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
The original is still in my backlog. Should I go ahead and play it before this gets revealed?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
If this is true, I'm putting my 3ds on the charger again. I thought it was dead at this point!

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what credibility Nate has but I thought we ruled that Marcus was bullshitting on his rumors?

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How likely this can be a 3DS/Switch combo? I will play it in my 2DS, but it would be nice know it will have a better looking version.

Status
Not open for further replies.