• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
UPDATE:
We have an insider who was saying it was an MMO-lite before the conference even started

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Machine translated:
Since my last tweet, I know things. Many things. If my sources are reliable, you don't want to miss tonight's announcements. There will be more happy than disappointed.

Machine translated:
Well, I'm still very disappointed. Mainly on the form in fact. I haven't seen anything that pulls my jaw out (I'm waiting to see in 4K but I can't believe it). And above all, no gameplay except Halo Infinite. Avowed and Warhammer look cool, but we haven't seen a thing.

In the first tweet before the event, the OP says that if his sources are reliable, there will be more people happy then disappointed. After the event, he put out the second tweet listing the games he knew were going to be shown at the event from his sources which were all there (timestamp included). What's interesting is that we see Fable listed as an MMO.

EdoDfUfXsAESjs-

Still no real details on this game outside of it being in development but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a direction they wanted to pivot the series in, especially after the news of Halo Infinite being a live platform game. Curious to learn if any other people in the industry have heard similar things.

EDIT: OP has doubled down on this being an MMO set in the world of Fable, and not a Fable 4

And for the greatest happiness of: a game in the world of FABLE. But in MMO (sorry, not FABLE 4).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
He tweeted stuff like Stalker 2 before the event? Hmm. A Fable MMO could be cool but is not what I wanted or what that trailer conveyed

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Someone who got verified on this forum also said this is a GaaS service game.

But yeah, I have no interest in that's the case.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. You cannot recover or make profits from proper AAA games by giving them for free on game pass. You need to make money from microtransactions, GaaS model etc.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
for me it's no surprise, the whole MS catalogue after Sea of Thieves will go down live service route.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Okay seems he's doubling down. This being an MMO in the world of Albion seems like a plausible pivot for the series.

And for the greatest happiness of : a game in the world of FABLE. But in MMO (sorry, not FABLE 4).

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Oh God. Please, no. They can't seriously do that after Fable Legends, can they?

I legitimately don't believe this. I think it will be a single player RPG through and through.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Oof, that would be worse than a GaaS SP game.
Nothing against the game if this is true, MMOs can be great, but before it sounded like an SP with online elements and Co-Op, not an MMO.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
As I said in the Fable thread - if this turns out to be accurate, I would be deeply disappointed. I mean, how tone deaf would that be? Was the ambivalence to Fable Legends not enough? Or the continued clamoring among Xbox fans and media personalities about the lack of AAA single player experiences on Xbox?

The careers page on Playground's website doesn't seem to mention much about MMO-type qualifications though, and I remember alot of the earlier rumors about the game being centered around wanting a response to Playstation's Horizon: Zero Dawn. I remain skeptical.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's an MMO in the destiny sense I can live with it. I don't necessarily need 25 man fable raids

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If the tweet came out after the event, I wouldn't put too much weight into it. However, Fable has had a MP component before so I wouldn't be surprised to see that return, but a full on MMO I doubt.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Good god it's like today was custom built to crush all my hopes and dreams.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Said once, will say again: you won't see launch AAA games on GamePass without it being based on expansions or services. It's just not sustainable for AAA. Subscriptions are just a new way for pubs make MTX without people chill, since they're not paying for the game.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is saying "I'm out" and has Game Pass, you're kidding yourselves. You're in. Don't lie to me.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
An MMO after the Fable Legends debacle seems unreal to me. I won't believe it until we hear it directly from Microsoft.

And hell, they have PSO to cover the MMO/RPG GaaS genre. A Fable MMO wouldn't make sense for their portfolio.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
This was the game I was most excited for from the conference today..........god damn it

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
Yeah that's going to be a pass if true! I have no interest in GaaS but I guess that's where Microsoft sees its profits coming from.