• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Massive oof for me.
Don't need another mmo in my life so would be a quick skip.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So one of the only 2 games I gave a shit about today is an MMO game? MS baby what are you doing

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
giphy.gif
What were your monkey's paw game announcements?

At least I'll be out of wishes.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this even a thread lol? The list was posted after the showcase.

OP, does this guy have any history of insider knowledge? Or did you just decide to post some random dude's tweets?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Who is this guy and why are we taking what he is saying as 100% truth?
I hope people aren't taking it as solid confirmation. Hoping the big "RUMOR" in the title would help with that. We're just entertaining the idea until someone more notable comes around and corroborates said rumor.

Personally, I could absolutely see this as an MMO and it's something I will be keeping my eye out for.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i have following closey the hire spree and jobs. And none asked for MMO experience or something.

You can look at existing job descriptions now under 'RPG Team', and nothing speaks to this game being an MMO: https://www.playground-games.com/careers/

Developing an MMO or Online centric game is a very intentional process, and if you're piecing together a brand new studio, you hire exactly for that expertise. You're not actively coy about it, and hope that who you hire is able to bang out an MMO through blind luck Lol.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This conference is really starting to be the worst of all time for me. Fuckkkkk come on MS.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
And this is why I PS5. (seriously though, if it doesn't turn out to be an MMO I will be picking this up on PC as I loved the first 3 games).

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand reactions like this. Can devs not make multiplayer games? They announced Fable alongside a single player RPG from Obsidian. Hell this is only a rumor.

The "singleplayer or bust!" crowd on Era is confusing.

I'm not a single player or bust gamer, mp games are fine.
I'm a fan of Fable, and MMO's kill franchises. This would probably kill Fable just like TOR killed knights of the old republic. Just like World of Warcraft killed Warcraft...
Yes I'm going overboard...
It doesn't match what they hired for, or what the eurogamer leak even sounded anything like...
but I hope its not true. I guess we will see.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it's not an MMO, I really don't want a "shared world" game. Xbox needs more single player games.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Good lord what is going on in here. We haven't had a proper big budget MMO in forever, and this is one that will be readily available to tons of players cross platform on Gamepass so it will have a great population.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Eurogamer was wrong? They said single-player
www.eurogamer.net

Sources: Microsoft plots Fable return

Work is underway on a brand new, big-budget Fable game, Eurogamer can reveal.Fable franchise owner Microsoft has tasked…

PG has over 30+ jobs opening for RPG team and there's no mention of MP experience or live service https://www.playground-games.com/careers/#

Live service jobs for Forza are there https://www.playground-games.com/careers/oCKWbfwd/ https://www.playground-games.com/careers/ojhBbfw6/

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
No way. MMO's are on the decline but is he talking more shared world ala Destiny?

Huge disappointment if true.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
We still believe nobodies with no track record after this entire non-E3 season? With the Silent Hill, FFXVI, Bloodborne PC rumors going the way they went? Yeah, I'll wait on this one. I honestly doubt MS resurrected this IP for an MMO.

Silent Hill, FFXVI and Bloodborne PC aren't necessarily false though, just not showed at that moment.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping MS quickly denies it because eff them if it's true.

Do we know whether Everwild will be single player or online focused?

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Not from their first party studios... Avowed, Psychonauts and Hellblade. And Halo Infinite campaign, but it's a service game too.

They shown 9 out of 15 studio games and basically half were SP. Seems balanced. Jury is still out on the other 7 studios. Either way, I don't believe it about Fable.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I always assumed it was going to be a single player RPG game with online elements if desired, which absolutely fits with this style of game.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A non-MMO GaaS would be fine for me. But an MMO? I'm not interested in that.