• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Set during the Boxer Rebellions and/or The Opium Wars.... lets go!!

9rxq3.jpg

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
The reveal will be that it is a continuation of the Origins story and focuses on the Roman Empire (Dynasty) and its continued movements after Egypt. I'm not sure if Bayek will be back or if we will play as Aya this time round though.

As much as I would adore a Chinese or Japanese Assassin's Creed, set in the height of both their Dynasties, I just don't see it happening... yet. I would be elated if it does happen though.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
If it's just a sequel to Origins, then I have zero interest, as that story was the weakest part of the game for me. But I'm glad for those who enjoyed it and will get more!

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a continuation of Origins by that team. It's crazy how much that game revitalized the series.

Mar 17, 2018
Like I'm still caught playing Black Flag atm lol. Origins will probably make next year or late this year. I don't have time for series rape again Ubisoft. Have mercy.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of strikes me as unlikely that Ubisoft would send Splinter Cell to go die in the Fall.

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
Agree, but i dont see when are they going to launch a Splinter Cell game if it's coming, Q1 2019 is for The Division 2, if a new AC is coming next year, Fall 2019 is a lock for AC.
The Division 2 will likely launch later looking at the financials from Ubisoft. They first expected 28 million units sold for FY 19 and recently moved an unannounced title to FY 20 and decreased their forecast to 23 million (while also adding The Crew 2 to FY19).

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
They lost me with the more naval focus. The small naval sections in Origins were the worst part.

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017
Agree, but i dont see when are they going to launch a Splinter Cell game if it's coming, Q1 2019 is for The Division 2, if a new AC is coming next year, Fall 2019 is a lock for AC.

Splinter Cell shouldn't release in fall or March. I think the end of Q2 or start of Q3 would be the best way to get the most of out the series. Not a lot of big games come out during these times, so would be a great way to sell some extra copies.

Jan 2, 2018
I..think it sounds..believable? there were rumors of a game set in Greece or Rome even before ACO was announced. guess that's the Greece game.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
This article is nothing but baseless speculation but China would be cool

Japan has been done so many times

I'd love an AC set in India or Mayan times but that's pretty unlikely

I'd also be surprised if they went yearly again but let's see

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
In February or May. They had a lot of success with For Honor in February followed by Ghost Recon in March. May 2019 is not looking competitive currently either.

That said, I don't think the game is this fiscal year anyway, so February probably isn't an option.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why people thought it would be China.

I thought we knew It's Egypt -> Greece -> Rome in the current trilogy.

Anyway those Greece rumors have me interested.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i was already bored to tears with Origins... now that without the interesting Egypt landscape but in...Greece? Not for me i guess...

Assassins Creed in China that is something i could get along with...but not Greece or Rome, sounds sleep inducing

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Just needs a good story for once. The last good story in AC was Black Flag.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of the naval stuff. It was fine in Black Flag but we don't need it anymore.

More modern day focus is always a plus to me but they've been saying that since Syndicate and haven't delivered.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at ancient history trough the eyes of an Assassin is awesome.
I hope I can immerse myself as much as I did with Origins.

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
Greece seems like a logic next choice since Origins had already a lot of their culture in it and it means they didn't have to start from scratch.

That said, while I loved Origins I really hope that it's true and then next AC isn't released this year. Give the series some room to breathe.

okelF

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
Definitely skipping if they do another naval AC. Those parts always felt like some canceled Ubisoft project shoehorned into AC, now that they do expand on that part in Skull & Bones separately there is really no reason to have it in AC again.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
That tidbit about Flavian dynasty means that Bayek and Aya would be long dead. Origins takes place in the 40s BCE after all. So I guess their 'story involvement' would either mean flashbacks or descendants.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
If they do release anything this year I'm predicting a Freedom Cry type situation. Or perhaps Blood and Wine. Somewhere between an expansion and a sequel, but advertised as an add-on for Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.