• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
why does it feel like the Snitch is slowly getting in over their head?

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm that as of last week there was a release date/pre-order announcement planned for tomorrow. I've asked around to see if it was delayed, but haven't heard back yet. Not exactly putting all of my energy into that one. We'll find out for sure in less than 24 hours, and as far as I know the game is still on track for November.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I can confirm that as of last week there was a release date/pre-order announcement planned for tomorrow. I've asked around to see if it was delayed, but haven't heard back yet. Not exactly putting all of my energy into that one. We'll find out for sure in less than 24 hours, and as far as I know the game is still on track for November.
f50.gif

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Appreciate you chiming in!

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it was gonna be it's own announcement but now it's being added to a general showcase/state of play to pad it out.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yay. Hoping for something then lol

Sep 21, 2019

What is Cory even doing at this point? Perhaps he is saying "no" to the reveal question because he is considering a reveal to mean a trailer?

Are they still planning to announce preorders and the release date tomorrow?

It seems like that was the original plan, something internal or from Sony derailed it for a few hours, and now Cory is indicating that it is back on? If not, he really needs to stop with all this teasing stuff. It's getting really weird at this point, right? Especially after that seemingly genuine post about us waiting patiently. So bizarre.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
thanks for not delaying it

Det

Jul 30, 2020
What is Cory even doing at this point? Perhaps he is saying "no" to the reveal question because he is considering a reveal to mean a trailer?

It seems like that was the original plan, something internal or from Sony derailed it for a few hours, and now Cory is indicating that it is back on? If not, he really needs to stop with all this teasing stuff. It's getting really weird at this point, right? Especially after that seemingly genuine post about us waiting patiently. So bizarre.

No, he's fucking around on Twitter to people annoying him. We're the ones that need to relax.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Wouldn't surprise me if they DON'T reveal it tomorrow so they can try and ruin Snitch's reputation. Lol

When was the last time that we've had a Sony insider to this extent?

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if they DON'T reveal it tomorrow so they can try and ruin Snitch's reputation. Lol

When was the last time that we've had a Sony insider to this extent?
I don't think the average consumer knows about the Snitch lol. They're not going to alter a massive marketing effort for their biggest game of the year because of this one leaker.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018

Idk what he's doing but it's very funny

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
They're not a ''Sony insider'', the main theory is that Snitch manages to see the videos published on youtube and its descriptions.
Everything they leaked so far has been in a short window and without much details.

Apr 5, 2022
No, he's fucking around on Twitter to people annoying him. We're the ones that need to relax.

Exactly, people on this place need to relax. You got people trying to antagonize Snitch thinking he's "way over his head" then you got other people riding the wind to whatever Snitch says then we got Jason in the mix (who usually is right when it comes to this sort of thing) Regardless, if nothing happens tomorrow then it's whatever, not the end of the world. We still have other amazing games to play lol but it would be nice to have some updates of GOW: Ragnarok but whenever that is, I'm all for it!

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
I don't think the average consumer knows about the Snitch lol. They're not going to alter a massive marketing effort for their biggest game of the year because of this one leaker.

All it takes is one person to get that info from Snitch and then pass it on to the average consumer and it spreads like that. I mean look at Snitch. No one knew who he was and then bam, he has his own OT and has a 100% track record.

They're not a ''Sony insider'', the main theory is that Snitch manages to see the videos published on youtube and its descriptions.
Everything they leaked so far has been in a short window and without much details.

Theory or not, we'll never know.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Honestly, I can see any dev/pub delaying an announcement if it would discredit a leaker. A week or two isn't such a big deal if all they want to for the leaker to be discredited and disappear

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All it takes is one person to get that info from Snitch and then pass it on to the average consumer and it spreads like that. I mean look at Snitch. No one knew who he was and then bam, he has his own OT and has a 100% track record.

Well, I don't think an Era OT is a good indicator of general awareness. Joe Gamer who thinks the new God of War looks kinda cool has never heard of the Snitch or the leaks most likely. The Era userbase is generally not made up of average consumers.

Apr 5, 2022

People want to ruin his "track record" because they cant stand the attention Snitch is getting. Regardless though, if nothing happens tomorrow then so what? People shouldnt get bent out of shape about it. Whether it be tomorrow or months down the line, I'd love to see more of GOW: Ragnarok.

Apr 5, 2022
Gamers are the worst. Whining about no announcement as if Sony promised they'd announce the date lmao
This is why I hate leaks or "rumors" because people can act like children then blame Sony or said leaker if nothing happens. Just let the announcements happen officially, I hate when people think clout is going to make them internet famous or something xD;

Oct 30, 2017
There is nothing disingenuous about what I said. I sincerely mean it. If your marketing strategy is to withhold information to build hype and anticipation then your marketing strategy sucks!
But that's not even what's happening….

They're not withholding information in order to build hype. They're offering a shortened marketing life cycle that is nimble, easy to control, and will probably feature a near final build of the game.

SIE being quiet about the game is not indicative that they're only doing it to troll and build hype. They will show the game when it's truly ready to be shown at an opportune time given other things happening in the industry and around the world.

And then the whole "wow look at all these corporate apologists!"

Big eyeroll

Status
Not open for further replies.