• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I've been saying this from day 1, Geralt is a character that makes actual sense to include as a guest, not some generic nobody sword dude from some dumb One Piece anime, which other Era users argued with me against.

Geralt for X1, Ciri for PS4, Triss for PC would be awesome lol

But Zoro is cool. :(

Also he isn't a nobody, One Piece is basically the best selling manga of all time, so that's a bit of stretch. Though I agree with you that the pick seemed out of place to me initially, even as a gigantic fan of the series. I really doubt there is anyway that would happen.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've been saying this from day 1, Geralt is a character that makes actual sense to include as a guest, not some generic nobody sword dude from some dumb One Piece anime, which other Era users argued with me against.

Geralt for X1, Ciri for PS4, Triss for PC would be awesome lol
I'd rather they just have the same guest character(s) across all systems so they can be used at tournaments.

Loakum

Oct 27, 2017
If Geralt is smart, he will bend the knee and pledge loyalty to Lord Kilik. Fail to do so, all the Quen in the world won't protect him from Kilik's staff.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Are Let's Play Video Games a valid source or reputed? I've never heard them before or seen them around?

Couldn't this just be as baseless as the fan speculation in the other thread, just a solid fit because of CDPR/Namco relationship and the fact CDPR announced the upcoming game cameo?

Eirwaz

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I love using link as a kid, throwing everyone of the stage with his backflip armbreak thing. Hoping for some cheap cheese with geralt.

Nov 17, 2017
I wonder how they'll differentiate him considering we already have a samurai with Mitsurugi:

musou_stars___william_from_nioh_render_by_momijihayabusa-dazuqat.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-06-witcher-geralt-soulcalibur-6

Witcher video game maker CD Projekt Red has teased that star character Geralt will appear - for the very first time - in another game, and this year.

"What if Geralt was going to step out of the The Witcher for the very first time to make an appearance in one of the upcoming games later this year?" tweeted CDPR community manager Marcin Momot.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/970994926677872640

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Geralt looks like a good fit for SC. They could also make him an advanced character, incorprating some Witcher stuff into his moveset (stances, alchemy and such).

Oct 25, 2017
Since you drink potions in real time in Witcher 3, maybe they could incorporate potion buffs into his playstyle. That would be pretty cool.

Signs as well, of course.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Link was for cheap ring outs. Still a great guest character alongside Ezio and Heihachi. Geralt would be fantastic too.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
39 characters in SC is probably not true. The most characters in the game previously was 28 in SCIV. And you typically don't have more than 3 new characters outside of guests.

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much the best guest character they could possibly have gotten, imo.

I wonder if he'll he'll have the same overly large, waxlike dollface the rest of the SC cast have, though. I can't stand the faces in that series. Witcher 3 gets faces just right.

Oct 26, 2017
39 characters in SC is probably not true. The most characters in the game previously was 28 in SCIV. And you typically don't have more than 3 new characters outside of guests.

I'm having a hard time thinking of 39 character SC roster, given the mainstays of the franchise.

Like--you'd have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get that roster at 39. I'm talking SC3 shopkeepers and those SC4 mangaka designed characters.