• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Found this on a blog, and it has a lot of good points.

Look at the small text below February 2022 Monthly Games.

"Available this month at no extra cost"

And when you compare the text to the previous months it says.

"For PlayStation Plus Members"

Even when the artwork for the banner image changes, there is ALWAYS a PS+, PS Plus, PlayStation Plus, or some form of it mentioned.

PlayStation Blog , <---- you can see it in the thumbnails here too. PS+ is ALWAYS mentioned somewhere, in some form, but the complete change of copy is an absolute hint.

With the sudden change in wording, paired with how there are rumors of a pretty big 'State of Play' set for Feb 2022 from multiple insiders, I think Sony WILL announce Project Spartacus.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That wording makes it sound like the PS+ games are going to a higher tier

Kastanjemanden

alt account
Banned
Jan 23, 2022
Still don't get the complaints

for the $2.50 a month I paid for idk how many years, the games lineup is great every money. Easily paid back plenty of the subscription.

Mar 19, 2021
I still believe HFW will launch on Spartacus in February, no matter how many notifications I'll get here again telling me otherwise. It makes a lot of sense, they had it on a PS Now presentation and they want some positive press

Oct 25, 2017
The fine print on the ad that I think they're talking about still says "Monthly games accessible for duration of PS Plus subscription only." so it still reads like those games are only available if you have PS Plus; I'm not sure what conclusion I'm supposed to draw from them moving mention of the requirement out of the big text and leaving it only in fine print.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Someone pointed this out in the PS thread. I'd noticed it too but was too intellectually lazy to think about it any further.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Well I do think there's a lot of noticeable changes to accommodate for the upcoming backend updates when Spartacus comes around, which explains some of the random glitches people were experiencing with trophies, searching for games (though that existed for years), and an additional label for "subscription services". Sony is pretty obviously planning for something related to game libraries and subscription services. We might get an announcement sometime next month or in March.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I still believe HFW will launch on Spartacus in February, no matter how many notifications I'll get here again telling me otherwise. It makes a lot of sense, they had it on a PS Now presentation and they want some positive press
They will not shadowdrop something like that. They will have A LOT of angry people who would have pre-ordered the game and have to go thru Sonys abysmal refund process.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I feel like if Spartacus was launching in February we would have known already, they'd probably announce that before or together with the monthly PS+ games. One PS Now game has also leaked already even though that branding is supposed to disappear.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I don't get it. Every image still has a PS+ logo. It also mentions the PS+ subscription in the fine print.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
This Spartacus stuff is getting so much hype that y'all better prepare yourselves for some serious letting down just in case it isn't everything y'all think it'll be.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Highly doubt it's launching in February, but they did add a subscriptions row in the PS5 search tab which is new. Clearly gearing up for it, whatever it ends up being.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Time to get 2 more years for cheap just in case it becomes more expensive or the tiers are weird.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Dreading this Spartacus idea to be honest. I just want the PS+ instant games and not a combined service with a higher price including Now since it's a service I don't want.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Maybe they're all labeled as "available for no extra cost" because no one was buying a godawful sports game or an 11 year-old DLC wrapped up as a "one-shot" standalone game only meant to draw interest to an upcoming release anyway, and Planet Coaster probably has an extremely limited audience (no offense to fellow sim fans)

I never complain about PS+ releases, honest. Never even comment on Games with Gold, which is arguably far worse. But this is a dismal month for Plus and I find it funny, and I look forward to learning what they're doing with Spartacus

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 was revealed in February 21st of 2013.

HFW comes out on February 18th.

It all makes sense now.. Holy shit

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

for the $2.50 a month I paid for idk how many years, the games lineup is great every money. Easily paid back plenty of the subscription.
Honestly just one or two games out the year I want and it's hit it's value. Got dirt 5 and I persona strikers last month which was awesome lol.

Mar 19, 2021
Because Sony has and continues to collect money from pre-orders, so dropping it on Spartacus day 1 would piss off all those people. Jim Ryan himself also says that the Game Pass model (dropping 1st party games on the service on the day of their release) wouldn't make sense for Sony.

I'm not saying they would release all their games day 1, I just think if you're rebranding and changing your subscription service you want to launch it with something big. If it's not ready for February then scratch that obviously but I do think they want to improve their services and will want to offer some subscription incentives if they're already making the effort to change them significantly.

Ariesfirebomb

Jul 3, 2018
Minneapolis

Came here to say this. For stuff I probably would never have bought on my own, I really don't see the issue with ps+ games.
It's really a win some you lose some scenario but I've noticed that people here and twitter especially have some really visceral reactions to "free" content.

Now I'm regards to Spartacus, I'm just ready for an announcement already. Ps now is cool, and honestly I only find gamepass slightly better due to more current day one releases), but I want to see what more they can do with it since this has been well over 8 years in the making to get it all "right"

y'all remember these promises?