• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

This is the source and I've read it on Google translate so would be great if someone can confirm the original intent which is why I put rumor just in case it's mislabeling. Thanks to FoolsMilky for showing this initially over in this thread:

There's more at the link but here's the most interesting stuff - we knew they did R&D on multi but didn't know if it was still being actively pursued as they've said it won't be present at launch for sure:
"We're working on three cyberpunk things - over the main game and over two more. These are three teams. We are also working on 'Gwint' and we have still unplayed game in (company - PAP) Spokko. So we have five working teams, three working on 'Cyberpunk' "- he said.

The president added that one of the teams working on cyberpunk projects, located in Wrocław, has about 40 people. Kiciński reported that the development of the studio in Wroclaw is associated with the work on the multiplayer mode "Cyberpunk 2077".

Vice-President Piotr Nielubowicz said that the next big CD Projekt game will also be set in the world of "Cyberpunk".
The CD Projekt strategy assumes the release of another - apart from "Cyberpunk 2077" - AAA role-playing game until 2021.

"Our next big project will also be in the 'cyberpunk' universe, and we're already working on it and treating it as a really big and innovative project for us," said Nielubowicz.

EDIT:

Thanks for confirming.
Yeah, I can confirm it. It's not a rumour. Well, when there was a rumour thread a month ago or so I guys told you about multiplayer title they were working on.

Well I won't translate whole article but the most interesting quote:

"We are working on three "cyberpunk" things - main game and two others. Those are three treams. We are also working on Gwent and we have one unannounced game by Spokko (it's their subsidiary company). So overall we have 5 teams working on games and 3 of those are working on "Cyberpunk".

"Pracujemy nad trzema rzeczami 'cyberpunkowymi' - nad główną grą i nad dwoma jeszcze. To są trzy zespoły. Pracujemy też nad 'Gwintem' i mamy jeszcze nieogłoszoną grę w (spółce - PAP) Spokko. Czyli mamy pięć zespołów pracujących, trzy pracujące nad 'Cyberpunkiem'" – powiedział. "

Also
"Nasz następny duży projekt będzie też w uniwersum 'cyberpunkowym'. Pracujemy już nad nim i traktujemy to jako naprawdę duży i dla nas nowatorski projekt" - powiedział Nielubowicz. "

"Our next big project is set in cyberpunk universe. We are already working on it and it's big and innovative project for us".

I told you about all those things weeks ago. Some of the posts you missed :)

AFAIK they are hosting a media event (youtubers, media outlets, twitch streamers) in Poland (and possibly Germany) where they will invite press to play the game so late January/early February there will be a lot of new stuff coming out regarding Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
so Witcher 4 isn't coming next? I guess they want to build on the momentum of 2077, which will undoubtedly be their biggest release.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeeeah, this makes sense to me. If they're able to maintain the same amount of quality they've shown in the past and Cyberpunk sells as well as the hype makes it seem like it's gonna sell it's gonna be fucking massive.

TheCalcutec

IP Director @ Possibility Space
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I said it once and I'll say it again: I bet they're going to re-release Cyberpunk 2077 branded, digital Netrunner.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so the second AAA title was just more cyberpunk? i'm not so sure about this...

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So that other RPG is gonna be set on the Cyberpunk universe huh? Interesting. Personally I really hope they will have that one in third person. It's still my only disappointment about 2077, that it's first person only. Only got myself to blame, they never promised a third person mode.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Well for a minute I thought it would be like "New Vegas" type successor, but the more I think about their wording the more I feel like it's going to be more innovative for CDPR than that. So maybe some sort of MMO-lite?

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
I would guess most of the staff is working on 2077, the Wroclaw studio is working on the MP version (which may even end up being separate or a F2P title) and then there's a smaller team doing pre-production on an upcoming expansion, something around the same scale as Blood & Wine, but perhaps this time released as a standalone title.

They already said they're planning expansions, but we don't know if they already have a team working on them or if they're waiting to wrap up development on 2077.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
I assumed given the time table that it would be set in the world they already built. Probably decided over the years that a Multiplayer mode would interfere with the single player mechanics and spun it off into its own project.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I would guess most of the staff is working on 2077, the Wroclaw studio is working on the MP version (which may even end up being separate or a F2P title)
You could totally recycle the world that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be in and make an MMO in it and I would be perfectly happy. Have a really incredibly strong foundation for this, add more internal environments for raid and dungeons, two factions police and criminals, ability to play as different jobs for different missions/in free roam environments, player run economy, temporary stat/monetary gain benefits for doing drugs in game to help perpetuate and encourage people to play as criminals despite the fact they may often be underpowered/outnumbered, territory control that comes with the benefit of stat bonuses for your respective faction/gang.

Oh man just give it to me.

Edit: yeah just give me what APB should have been but more fleshed out and in the Cyberpunk universe and I'd play the shit outta that.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I can confirm it. It's not a rumour. Well, when there was a rumour thread a month ago or so I guys told you about multiplayer title they were working on.

Well I won't translate whole article but the most interesting quote:

EN:
"We are working on three "cyberpunk" things - main game and two others. Those are three treams. We are also working on Gwent and we have one unannounced game by Spokko (it's their subsidiary company). So overall we have 5 teams working on games and 3 of those are working on "Cyberpunk".

PL:
"Pracujemy nad trzema rzeczami 'cyberpunkowymi' - nad główną grą i nad dwoma jeszcze. To są trzy zespoły. Pracujemy też nad 'Gwintem' i mamy jeszcze nieogłoszoną grę w (spółce - PAP) Spokko. Czyli mamy pięć zespołów pracujących, trzy pracujące nad 'Cyberpunkiem'" – powiedział. "

Also

PL:
"Nasz następny duży projekt będzie też w uniwersum 'cyberpunkowym'. Pracujemy już nad nim i traktujemy to jako naprawdę duży i dla nas nowatorski projekt" - powiedział Nielubowicz. "

EN:
"Our next big project is set in cyberpunk universe. We are already working on it and it's big and innovative project for us".

I told you about all those things weeks ago. Some of the posts you missed :)

AFAIK they are hosting a media event (youtubers, media outlets, twitch streamers) in Poland (and possibly Germany) where they will invite press to play the game so late January/early February there will be a lot of new stuff coming out regarding Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
So if I understand this right, than it's:

- CP2077
- CP Multiplayer
- another CP RPG game set in the same universe as 2077

That's correct? If so, maybe the last one is more of a linear game oppose to a huge open world of 2077.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Is this like when Square Enix are trying to build a whole universe on a nonexistent base and then it crashes and burns?

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
No problem, BAD, thanks for the thread :)

Although we can't be 100% sure yet, this seems to imply that the other "title released by 2021" would be Cyberpunk, but I'm willing to wait to hear more about that.
I'm so looking forward to Cyberpunk multiplayer
Although GTA comparisons in terms of gameplay aren't super apt (At least, not with the gameplay we've seen) I'm sure that CDPR could be interested in an online world, potentially with the same kind of financial model as GTAV. After all, we now know how much people enjoy spending money on just digital cars alone...

I'm also excited, but personally moreso for the kinds of multiplayer gamemodes that this universe can support. Although I really wouldn't mind the "Mario Kart" streetraces from GTAV complete with magic roads and ramps in the sky. Maybe we'll get some kind of objective-based gamemodes where you run around the city and compete against another team. Maybe even some slightly role-based gameplay where one person is the Netrunner. I see a lot of potential ways they can work out online worlds and gamemodes.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
That 2021 AAA game going to be cyberpunk with all the dlc and built from ground up for next gen, isn't it? To intice people to buy it again rather than just use it through BC. I'm okay with this!!!

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Could the third team merely be working on the CP2077 expansions?

Maybe the quote is garbled...

He's literally said they are working on "3 cyberpunk things" - main game and 2 others. I'm Polish and it's literal translation. I can't speak about this third thing but it's currently in really early phase and a lot might change.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I am anticipating something i don't want to play, like an online only microtransaction heavy thing (board game i would say since netrunner card game is a wizards of the coast thing). It's alright, there has to be something for every appetite.

I'll be happy with the main title :)

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
He's literally said they are working on "3 cyberpunk things" - main game and 2 others. I'm Polish and it's literal translation. I can't speak about this third thing but it's currently in really early phase and a lot might change.
Are they still working on the secret AAA game due out by 2021 or is that game going to also be Cyberpunk?

I'm confused - I thought the AAA game due out by 2021 was supposed to be a new IP?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpune, an expansion set in future India.
Cyberpunt, a new take on the kart racing genre but with boats.
Cyberpuns, an expansion where you play a descendant of Kieron Gillen messing around on twitter.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is very disappointing considering I would have rather had Witcher 4 over Cyberpunk to begin with.

Oct 31, 2017
Are we going to get oversaturated with cyberpunk stuff?
0e3.png

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I hope they don't flood the market with Cyberpunk games - the main game, DLC, expansions and multiplayer I get; but if they are making another game set in the Cyberpunk universe instead of a new AAA IP for 2021, I find that...disappointing?

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Are they still working on the secret AAA game due out by 2021 or is that game going to also be Cyberpunk?

I'm confused - I thought the AAA game due out by 2021 was supposed to be a new IP?

Next AAA game that it's due to come out by 2021 is a standalone multiplayer title set in Cyberpunk universe but in reality it will also be single player game. It was supposed to be new IP in 2016 but since Cyberpunk got a reboot they wouldn't be able to finish the next ambitious IP.

Last edited:

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Next AAA game is standalone multiplayer title set in Cyberpunk world. It was supposed to be new IP in 2016 but since Cyberpunk got a reboot they wouldn't be able to finish the next ambitious IP.
So just to clarify, the other AAA game they've been working on to be due out by 2021 is a standalone Cyberpunk multiplayer game, correct? I guess I just kind of figured it would be a Witcher sequel or spin-off, or possibly just something new entirely.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
So just to clarify, the other AAA game they've been working on to be due out by 2021 is a standalone Cyberpunk multiplayer game, correct? I guess I just kind of figured it would be a Witcher sequel or spin-off, or possibly just something new entirely.

That's correct but not entirely. See my other posts.

Last edited:

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I can confirm it as well.
- They're working on three Cyberpunk projects: Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer (or however they're going to call it) and a brand new AAA game planned for 2021.
- Sounds like multiplayer component in Cyberpunk is counted as a separate project. Multiplayer is developed in CD Projekt Red Wrocław office, team has currently 40 people. They're planning to expand Wrocław branch.
- The third Cyberpunk project is already in development, is described as "big" and "innovative".
- They're very happy with CP2077 pre-orders, already better than The Witcher 3 in a same timeframe.
- CDPR is also working on two The Witcher related projects. First one is new content for Gwent, the other one is unannounced mobile project from Spokko, a studio bought in 2018.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will be at Gamescom. CDPR is planning to publicly reveal gameplay from E3 at PAX West in Seattle.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for a multiplayer game by cdpr if it's aching to gta online. And hopefully since they tend to attempt to treat their customers with a little more respect when it comes to extra costs, it won't be as bad as gta online and red dead onlines economy.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder who will work on the Cyberpunk 2077 expansions then? The main CP2077 team after the game is finished I guess?

Only small part. Rest will join the team which is working on next AAA game. I wasn't really precise but this won't be only multiplayer game but it will have single player experience/story.

What's interesting that Wroclaw team (40 people) is working on multiplayer thing and they've been doing it for quite a long time. Birds were chirping some interesting concepts but it's too early to say anything.