• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
I really hope they flesh out the hacking more. Don't make it all so easy and cut the pipe games in favor of something that feels more true to hacking. Oh and cut out the choosable gender. Just have some backbone and pick one. If you want a girl make it a girl.

Oct 25, 2017
Would rather have no lethal weapons than the poor gunplay of WD2. It's not like we're gonna be left wanting for open world games that let you shoot the hell out of people anyway.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Female option great, but I was expecting the first Watch Dogs' atmosphere. If that leak is true, I feel disappointed about that.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I really hope there are lethal weapons. Going into coffee shops and massacring npcs was one of my favorite things to do in these games. It's UK though so I get it.

Last edited:

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Loved 2 a lot. hopefully they build more on environmental interaction and more randomness of the peds and the dark souls manner of randoms appearing in your game. Game was way better than GTAV for me.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really didnt enjoy the wacky tone of WD2 so I hope they find something more grounded again in 3.

There is a middle ground between cool spy shit but super dull and overly brooding of 1 and the bombastic meme-y GTAV like tone of 2 I think they can nail.

StefanShepard

Feb 9, 2018
Only non-lethal weapons sounds interesting. I already played Watch Dogs 2 mostly non-lethal. Felt right for the kind of character Marcus was.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I really hope there are lethal weapons. Going into coffee shops and massacring npcs was one of my favorite things to do in these games

You should read things back before posting, because this makes you sound like a violent psychopath. Oh yeah and nice edit job..... however your original wording though has been preserved and screenshotted.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Female asian protagonist???? In a GTA-like??? That isnt written to be super edgy???? Please ubisoft i cant be any more ready

PLEASE

Marcus was already super great, im excited for this

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Era has a really weird fanbase of people who unironically liked WD1 and think 2 ruined the series.

Hi yes, I am one of those people.

1 was a great but flawed game (particularly in the story department) that didn't get a fair shake. Not that ridiculous of an opinion.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong I understand why they don't I just wish it was more inline with reality. Maybe you would have to do a big initial hack into the city to get access to one button explode streets.
That sounds pretty great actually, it could replace the big Metal Gear mission that 2 opened with.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
This is probably my most hyped game of the year. Watchdogs 2 was incredible and ubisoft have only gotten better at making open world games since then.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great. Really looking forward to its presentation if it's true.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I hope this is true: cyberpunk-ish (just a little) London? Fuck yes.

Also, I knew they were going for an Asian character this time around after WD2, seeing how cool Ubi's been this gen and this being such a city like London.

I wonder about the potential choice for gender. They've had a bunch of games allowing for that Odyssey and Far Cry 5 (and The Division, Ghost Recon...) allowing you just that, even when they are pretty story focused. I wouldn't be surprised if this is indeed here too. If it is, I hope it's contextualized more like Syndicate than Odyssey and make both characters canon and always present (even if you only ever control one of them).

I hope they tone down the wacky mood WD2 had, though. Like, quite a bit. Don't make it as grim as the first one, either, find a middle ground.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Really liked Watch Dogs 2 so I'm def interested.

I hope the part about lethal weapons isn't true tho. Let the players play how they want to play. I rarely used lethal weapons in WD2 yet them being there didn't hurt my experience (besides that one mission towards the end).

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Hi yes, I am one of those people.

1 was a great but flawed game, particularly in the story department that didn't get a fair shake. Not that ridiculous of an opinion.

Nah. The story in WD1 was horrendous and Aiden Pierce is genuinely one of the worst protagonists I've ever played as.

Errant Signal did a pretty good video on it:

beni12

Oct 25, 2017
Only non-lethal weapons sounds interesting. I already played Watch Dogs 2 mostly non-lethal. Felt right for the kind of character Marcus was.
it was forcing players to play like that, because bad camera position, slow aiming down sight and low aming sensitivity made it really hard and annoying to play with Lethal weapons.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I kind of want London to look like this
futurelondon_bigben_1.jpg

And then I kind of want it to look like the London from the V for Vendetta film. Abit of both maybe.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Nah. The story in WD1 was horrendous and Aiden Pierce is genuinely one of the unlikable protagonists I've ever played as.

Errant Signal did a pretty good video on it:

Yeah, the story and Aiden are dogshit. Not defending either of those.

The world map/atmosphere and the gameplay loop are top notch. That "really bad fake noir" worked for me.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I don't care if they remove lethal weapons, since I played WD2 non-lethal anyway except for a certain story mission. Hope it does come out this year since I'm not interested in Ghost Recon.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe that they'd remove lethal weapons. Unless they're just going to make a bunch of weapons that are just like lethal weapons, but claim that they aren't killing people. Sorta like how Batman in the Arkham games isn't killing people with all the shit he does.

That's my expectation, honestly. A whole lot of taser/gas weapons. I'm pretty fine with this, as it's basically how I played Watch Dogs 2.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
They should just go full cyberpunk with lethal weapons and a bit more futuristic. Also hoverboards.

Nobody cares for a GTA clone with some hacking abilities and a worse realised open world.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I hope they don't give us a female lead just to take away her option to kill people. I mean, I suppose it could work if the hand to hand combat is top notch and she is like Jason Bourne, but if the only thing that changes is the character having a taser rather than a pistol then it might be awful.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I really hope it feels like London and not an Americanised version. Ubisoft are great but I want to see the city first.

And I'm not just talking about the tone and look, believable dialogue and slang have to appear too.

Status
Not open for further replies.