• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
From Spiel Times

watch-dogs-3-prepare-son-arrivee.jpg

(this is a fan image)

After lots of leaks and rumours surrounding Watch Dogs 3, two sources have spoken to Spiel Times regarding the matters. From what they've claimed, Ubisoft will drop a teaser for Watch Dogs 3 around May 24th, revealing some basic elements of the game.

According to our first source, one of their developer friends spoke to a former Ubisoft employee who has worked on Watch Dogs 3. The ex-employee confirmed most of the potential leak to be true. Our other source, a developer, confirmed the setting of the game to be London(which was already confirmed by Jason Schreier), and that they have contacts at Ubisoft, one of whom is working on the next Far Cry game.

From the long list of details leaked earlier in February, the following were confirmed by our sources –

• You'll play as a half-Asian half-English female protagonist named Sarah.
  • As Sarah, you'll work for an anti-terrorist organisation branch that deals with cybersecurity.
  • Skateboarding and graffitis will be available in the game.
  • Lethal weapons won't appear in the game. However, our source wasn't entirely sure about it.
  • Like in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, we may have the choice to pick between a male and a female protagonist. However, our source wasn't entirely sure about it.

Wonder how much of this is true or not, especially if you choose between a male or female protagonist. Guess we'll see soon, though. Like the article states, I'd imagine we'll get a teaser and a proper full reveal at E3. Ubisoft really likes to do this.

Also Ubisoft just created a Watch Dogs UK Twitter account a few days ago, I imagine they're prepping for the tease.

ch6zhna.jpg

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Debut teaser that says "full reveal at E3" wouldn't surprise me at all. Ubisoft does it pretty often.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Ubisoft already confirmed they wont release any AAA title other than Ghost Recon in Q3

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
That's all potentially super exciting. Skateboarding could be a huge step up for traversal, non-lethal is excellent, and having a female protagonist would be cool (considering how solid Ubisoft's past female AC protagonists have been).

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe that they'd remove lethal weapons. Unless they're just going to make a bunch of weapons that are just like lethal weapons, but claim that they aren't killing people. Sorta like how Batman in the Arkham games isn't killing people with all the shit he does.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Ubisoft is currently in plans to release Watch Dogs 3 sometime during November. However, keeping Ubisoft's postponing frequency in mind, we might see a delay which shouldn't surprise many.
We can strike that off after Ubi's finance call a few days ago.

Also, hoping for a character creator tbh. Hope that skateboarding bit is true.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Please no RPG mechanics. If it can escape that new Ubi trend, this will be one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I need to play Watch Dogs 2 but all of this info I am absolutely down for especially the skateboarding and non-lethal ones.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Half Asian, skateboarding, Graffiti and London?! OH THIS IS SO UP MY ALLEY!

I hope the English representation is good in this game.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I find it hard to believe that they'd remove lethal weapons. Unless they're just going to make a bunch of weapons that are just like lethal weapons, but claim that they aren't killing people. Sorta like how Batman in the Arkham games isn't killing people with all the shit he does.
WD2 already had "stun" versions of the lethal weapons, which were functionally similar to their lethal counterparts.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
No lethal weapons is good. If they wanna push playing as the good guys and not adapting the stories to your means. That's the best way to go about it.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of those details have me insanely excited if true! Just hope they kept and focused more on the pedestrian AI system!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the character is part of a government branch entirely so they can "borrow" civilian cars

I'm on board though, so long as they tone down the meme-y aesthetic from 2, which is honestly the one thing that keeps me from going back to it

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to be sure about everything when you're just looking over someone's shoulder on a plane.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
If no lethal guns, then I hope they actually have a good selection of gadgets and non lethal weapons. Because WD2 was kind of half baked in this regard.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
No lethal weapons has my attention. 2 is a halfstep, but they need to either just go one way or the other.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I hope skateboarding and choosing between male and female turn out to be real!

Oct 25, 2017
Glad no lethal weapons are in considering it's the UK. Would be way too weird to seeing them willy nilly without any consequences.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking god they actually listened to people regarding the non-lethal weapons.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just hope it's feels more like WD1 than 2 with the tone.

200.gif

God I hated the original Watch_Dogs, especially the dark city and the horrible characters. I was hoping a nuke would drop on the city as the ending.

2 was alright tone wise with room for improvement. But if they try and go for that terribly unbelievable edgy and gritty again, I'm hard out.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Skateboarding and no lethal weapons? Lol. Not for me then.
Liked both the first and second game, but I always played them the violent way. Shooting was really nice in these games.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

God I hated the original Watch_Dogs, especially the dark city and the horrible characters. I was hoping a nuke would drop on the city as the ending.

2 was alright tone wise with room for improvement. But if they try and go for that terribly unbelievable edgy and gritty again, I'm hard out.
Era has a really weird fanbase of people who unironically liked WD1 and think 2 ruined the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.