• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass especially after they just recently increased the price but didn't add anything to increase value.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Sony exec "so we know that you dont like us shutting down servers so we came up with a way to stop that. Give us more money and you can run the server yourself."

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I could honestly care less for Beta/Alpha access to games. I barely have time for multiplayer modes in games so private servers doesn't appeal either. This just wouldn't be for me.

Oct 25, 2017
The Private Servers thing makes it seem fake, also while not "guaranteed" betas and alpha offers is a current feature of PS+, don't think this would be a good look and also don't think people would pay for it if it's just those three things.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao.

1. Gran Turismo 7 (vr)
  2. Pubg remaster 4k f2p with ps+ only on ps5
  3. Last of us 2 remaster
  4. Ghost of Tsushima remaster
  5. 2-3 aaa games more + psvr2 games

Why would a small third party developer know about these... Lmao indeed.

It's 'fun' watching people getting baited so hard though.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Oh fuck off Sony.

I will actually never buy or play online again on a Sony console. You can't charge such a premium and then charge a BIGGER premium.

But at the same time this isn't confirmed yet so it isn't all doom and gloom. But I'd believe it.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Ridiculous source.

There's going to be a lot of rumour baiting over the next 1-2 years. We need to be discerning about what's post-worthy.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
So for private servers, does the game have to support it to use those? Or could I use those to make "public" servers for GTA that only allow my friends in?

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If Sony is going to go the tiered route with Plus, I'd actually prefer if the make just a basic vanilla option for people only interested in playing online and all the extra fluff takes over the current $60 plan. Do it like:

Plus Tier:
  • $25 a year.
  • Play Online
  • Get Discounts in the PSN Store.
  • 10 GB of Online Cloud Storage
Premium Plus Tier:
  • $60 a year.
  • 3-5 "Free" games a month (2 PS4, 1 PSVR, and 2 PS5 come the time)
  • 100 GB of Online Cloud Storage
  • Whatever extra new fluff

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's coming next year and there's no reason to take away the spotlight from a console that's still selling (assuming it's launching Q4 2020).
Yeah, makes sense. I was gonna say they might wanna give a taste later this year so MS isn't the only next gen console talked about, but they're selling better. No harm in waiting.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
This was posted a day ago on another site(we had a thread about it) and is fake news.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
"Gta 6 Holiday 2020"

rockstar really about to launch a brand new GTA game next year after RDR2 took em almost a decade lmao ok

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna post this. It doesn't seem like they followed through with that at all.

Occasionally there are still some titles added to the PS+ full game trials, very few though, perhaps 4~5 a year. Demos and Betas would have been pretty hard to retain as an offer under PS+, publisher would want to attract the largest audience possible, or use them as an pre-order incentive for themselves.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
If its successful they'll probably move the free games to it and keep online for just ps plus. Never trust a corporation.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PS+ is the premium. If this is real then Sony has lost their damned minds, but no way this is real, lol.

I wouldn't call it PS+ Premium though, call it PS++. Sounds better. Also, this way you already have a name for its successor, which would be PS+++

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Lol, what a rip-off. First the Plus price increase, than 4 games out of 6 removed, and now if you want private servers you need to pay even more.
I don't even want to talk about paying for betas, those should just be free for everyone and not locked behind a paywall, since those days a beta is just a demo.

The funny thing is that when Plus launched it promised access to betas so the would be stripping another feature from plus and adding it to a premium more expensive service while your regular keeps losing value.

This cannot be true unless it comes with PS Now.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh?

Normal PS+ keeps dropping in value and they want to add this? With things that are normally attached to game pre-orders?

Oof. Sony is heading in the wrong direction

Status
Not open for further replies.