• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
This has been circulating on Reddit and elsewhere for the past few hours. Could this be the Warcraft 3 Remastered announcement we've been waiting for?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7xtlzl/expect_a_warcraft_iii_related_announcement_soon/
TL;DR WC3 Esports players from around the world have been invited to Blizzard for a "secret" event.

There have been a lot of rumors about a Warcraft 3 announcement lately. So today, two Warcraft III players Happy and HawK (Russia) made an IRL stream from Serbia, where they went to apply for a US Visa (they claim it's faster there, means its urgent). You'll have to take my word for it, but these two have nothing to do in the US unless its WC3-related.

There were other players who confirmed they are going as well (Foggy from Ukraine, apparently Grubby implied it too and some 'oldschools' are seeking a US Visa). Everyone refuses to tell why they are going there.

Will be safe to say that it's not a tournament, since Happy refuses to play on most LAN tournaments. Plus, tournaments aren't usually kept secret. Blizzard has invited players to announcements in the past.

German Post

/r/wc3 mirror

HawK saying the reason is 'secret' (Russian) - on HawKs VK page - inquisitivehawk. Can't post VK links on Reddit.

Edit: Russian article where Happy says that an announcement will be made at the end of this month in the US.

The Russian Article (https://goodgame.ru/news/26698/) ran through Google translate reads as follows:
Mysterious offline Warcraft in the USA
Famous Russian players Happy and Hawk are now in Serbia and are trying to apply for visas to the United States. Visas were required for them to participate in some mysterious offline event, which is scheduled for the end of this month. Details they did not share, but the news of a certain event, which invited such famous warcraft, sounds very intriguing.

From the rate of "Emperor" Happy came the following information:

A little about the "surprise".

While I can not disclose the details, I was allowed to hint. At the end of this month there will be a certain event (offline) - what will be there is still a secret. Because all this event will take place in the US - I will need to make a visa.

/.../

I can not reveal the big details yet. But I was told, soon announcement.

-
Happy

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
It's the remaster. They've been working on it for a while now.

It's gonna be like that StarCraft remaster.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it gets the Starcraft treatment.

Warcraft 3 honestly still looks good at higher res. I don't know if a super simple remaster would be worth paying extra.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Expecting a remaster, and while that's awesome... can we get D2 remastered real soon, please?

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I wonder if they will rewrite the story?

the original 3 games were one of my favorite PC games.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
oh man, I missed out on playing wc3 when it came out for one reason or another (i blame everquest), but I am SO down for a remaster!

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Famous Russian players Happy and Hawk are now in Serbia and are trying to apply for visas to the United States. Visas were required for them to participate in some mysterious offline event, which is scheduled for the end of this month. Details they did not share, but the news of a certain event, which invited such famous warcraft, sounds very intriguing.

Demuslim/Grubby showmatch for the release of Warcraft 3 Remastered please

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
was footmen frenzy ever actually good

feels like playing golems or evolves in sc1, its a popular map lots of people play that seems like total shit

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played that game in years. Who else remembers going to.../sex/?

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god please. I need a Warcraft 3 remaster. I'll lose myself in custom games again. Warcraft 3 is one of my favorite games ever.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Warcraft 3 was one of my favorite games for a long time, and I still like playing it occasionally so I would definitely check out a remaster.

Deleted member 13642

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I just want a Warcraft 2 remaster. Cleaned up art, the cd audio, I'll be set for life. I don't even need the expansion. Warcraft 3 looks fine as is.

Well, I mean. You know. "fine"

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
Hope it's a remaster with a modernized map maker. We'll finally have an HD version of DOTA.

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed that the DotA kids all stick with Dota 2 so we can restore the customs scene to its former untroubled glory headlined by a hundred Wintermaul variants, Helm's Deep, Life of a Peon, and the secret king of WC3 proto-MOBAs that was Battle Ships.

Native widescreen support throughout all the UI elements and integration with the modern Battle.net are all WC3 really needs, though of course a fresh pass on the old polygonal models wouldn't be unwelcome. I'd assume they'd clean up some of the maps on the loading screens to bring them in line with the established geography in WoW, too, if they're making cosmetic changes throughout like they did with the new interstitial illustrations in SC:R.

Ex Machina

Oct 28, 2017
If it is a remaster, I hope mods and custom maps will be supported as I want to play the tower defence maps again.

kosanu

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Hope it's a remaster with a modernized map maker. We'll finally have an HD version of DOTA.
That's one thing I'm interested in. Hypothetically if this happens, and if og/remastered DotA gets popular again, is Blizzard allowed to put on DotA tournaments or is that right fully Valve's? I haven't been able to find any details on that.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
The game the brought us into the World of Warcraft (literally).

Honestly if they do decide to do a remaster, I might consider it. Definitely was a great RTS before Starcraft 2.