Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
WCCFwatchdogslegion8.jpg

The Watch Dogs is "dead and buried", as Ubisoft canceled multiple projects based on the franchise, according to online rumors.

Speaking on X/Titter, known leaker j0nathan revealed how the series is seemingly done. Legion's commercial failure brought the cancelation of multiple projects in the series, according to the leaker, including a "fairly original" battle royale project.

View: https://twitter.com/xj0nathan/status/1781972441629143540

It's a shame that Watch Dogs Legions may end up being the final entry in the series, as its world design and solid gameplay made it a good open-world game with a ton of potential

wccftech.com

Watch Dogs Series Is "Dead and Buried"; "Fairly Original" Battle Royale Project Has Been Canceled - Rumor

Ubisoft seems to be done with the Watch Dogs series, as multiple projects, including a battle royale game, have reportedly been canceled

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
ironically, playing the entire legion main campaign as Aiden makes the game way better... the game really should have just had a set protagonist and a more personal story, the play as anyone gimmick got old fast.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They had the blueprint for the series going forward with Watch Dogs 2, which was a fantastic game, but they squandered it with Legion.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The aimless direction of the series was pretty foreboding. At least they managed to close Aiden's arc pretty nicely. Didn't care much for the WD2 characters despite being in a better game.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
After Legion, I'm perfectly fine with not seeing the series again for a good long while.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I think Watch Dogs Legion was not as bad as people make it out to be, it even has the best gameplay of the series, but I do agree with folks that making a more direct sequel to WD2 would have been better. That was a such a great game with a lot of personality.

Anyway, it's a shame, I wish we could get more from the series.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
1 and 2 were such great games, but 3 was garbage. Sucks they didn't get another chance to put out another good one.

Multiplayer in 1 was so much fun, I think more people would have liked it if they played it.

Oct 30, 2017
The concept of not having a regular protagonist in Legion was't well done.

If they made a Watch Dogs 3 instead in London with THIS as protagonist, things would have surly been different:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The concept of not having a regular protagonist in Legion was't well done.

If they made a Watch Dogs 3 instead in London with THIS as protagonist, things would have surly been different:

You can actually do that now lol. If you buy Wrench/Aiden, you can play the entire campaign as them. Their voice acting is way better than the regular characters and even have some unique lines.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
How could this happen to what's his face and his ICONIC hat
What will become of the Iconic hat

You know, in the end we were all the fools. By turning it into a joke, it became iconic. A decade later and we're still thinking about that hat. We want to bring it up every time. I'm no different, I saw the thread title and the first thing my mind went to was the iconic hat. They were right.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Just make another Watch Dogs 2.
This is literally all they have to do. Bring back the whole Watch Dogs 2 cast in a new location due to story reasons, introduce a new supporting cast of characters as well that end up joining the group or playing key roles in the game's story and call it Watch Dogs 3. It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I loved WD2. Solid cast and a great city. Legion was just a huge misstep. The concept meant that you didn't give a shit about the characters. They were just disposable.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Watch Dogs 2 is legitimately the only good game Ubisoft have made in the past decade.

All they had to do was expand on Watch Dogs 2.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Im sorta sad. This is the only Ubi series that I gelled with but I never tried Legion because it was doing something that totally was not my thing and the general bad vibes around the game.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's utterly baffling how they managed to fuck up this series after how great Watch Dogs 2 was. Goes to show how incompetent Ubisoft is these days.

Watch Dogs 2 should have been treated like Assassin's Creed 2.

BroVader

Apr 6, 2024
Mallorca
Loved Watch Dogs 2 and enjoyed a lot the concept and city setting of WD 3. Such a shame, the mechanics for combat and hacking on the fly were great, and I love virtual tourism in open world games.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Watch Dogs 2 is legitimately the only good game Ubisoft have made in the past decade.

All they had to do was expand on Watch Dogs 2.

I really loved Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the last AC since Brotherhood and 2 I really got in to.

Origins is also supposed to be really good but have not played that one.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

This is such a "message board gamer" take.

Trials Fusion, two Mario + Rabbids games, South Park: The Stick of Truth, The Division, etc. makes it patently false.

And while they're not my thing, I'm pretty sure there's at least one Assassin's Creed game that is considered good over the past decade.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
This is such a "message board gamer" take.

Trials Fusion, two Mario + Rabbids games, South Park: The Stick of Truth, The Division, etc. makes it patently false.

And while they're not my thing, I'm pretty sure there's at least one Assassin's Creed game that is considered good over the past decade.

Of that list the only one that I'd say is on Watch Dogs 2 level of quality is South Park: The Stick Of Truth and even that was made by Obsidian. Ubisoft only picked it up after THQ went bankrupt.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
The last dlc for legion felt like a send off for the whole series so I'm not too surprised. People must have known it was on thin ice while planning the dlc for Legion.