• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Since launching their first AAA game, Arkham Origins, onto consoles in 2013, WB Montreal has been rather... silent. Rumors have swirled that they were working on both a Batman follow up, another Batman prequel, a Superman game, and a cancelled Suicide Squad game. Nothing concrete has come outside of the studio, but something that happened yesterday tells me they just might be ready to show off what they've been working on.

Recently I reported on a WB Montreal designer, Osama Dorias, who let it slip that he just finished work on a major console DC game, and has moved onto another project at the studio. That DC game, could be getting shown off to the press, or at least, youtubers.

A famous user by the name unroolie aka Kenny for some, posted on his twitter a picture of him wearing a WB Montreal beanie, presumably in Montreal, with the caption "redacted."

What links the two is that not only has WB Montreal used the term "redacted" to mention their game, but Rocksteady as well.

Pat Redding, Creative Director at WB Montreal used the term when they hired a new senior producer back on October 1st:

https://twitter.com/Holesinteeth/status/1046793353218510849

And Rocksteady famously used it back in May of 2017 when someone asked if they would be attending E3:

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/status/866939802746277888

Now, this could all be coincidence, but I would argue that it is not. WB Montreal has been rumored to be working on a Batman co-op game and a Superman game. They are also no doubt helping out Rocksteady with whatever game they are working on as well.

With Game Awards right around the corner, this may be a sign they'll show up there. Jason Schreier of Kotaku revealed two years ago that before they cancelled their Damian Wayne Batman game, they were supposed to have a reveal trailer at the VGA's in 2016. With an already established relationship, could they do it again? What do you guys think?

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
TGA HYPE
The top 5 games that I want from RS/WB Montreal are:
Justice League
Superman
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans
Batman Beyond
Hopefully it's one of these

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
About damn time. Took them long enough after a few cancelled projects. Hope it's Batman: Arkham Beyond to be honest.

Jul 13, 2018
About one week ago, Geoff Ellenor, Game Director at WB Montreal tweeted out stating that he was going to be at MIGS 2018 (Montreal International Games Summit). The even took place this past Monday, November 12th.

Jul 13, 2018
I'm just wondering how this will work. A WB Montreal announcement at the Game Awards and then a Rocksteady announcement in Q1 2019? Would WBIE really announce 2 DC games so close to one another?

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC it was most heavily rumored that this was a Bat Family co-op game, since Suicide Squad and the Damian Wayne game got canned.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I understand exactly what the news is actually about, but every time I read this in my head, it's about a new Dreamcast game.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's not Batman Beyond I will immediately be disappointed.

Seriously, that's been one of my dream games for ages. Not saying I wouldn't dig whatever Rocksteady cooks up, but my heart years for BB.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
MX5mpve.jpg

Arkham Beyond please

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
They were making one, but it got canned. The studio was actually founded at the end of 2009 with the purpose of having one out by the time the movie came out.

6KlQTVS.png
Damn is there more of this art? That design looks really good for Harley imo.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
So were Montreal working on SS, and then the Damian thing? And BOTH got cancelled?
They were making one, but it got canned. The studio was actually founded at the end of 2009 with the purpose of having one out by the time the movie came out.

6KlQTVS.png
This is so much better than her movie design it's ridiculous.

Jul 13, 2018
Wasn't the Damian Wayne game rebooted around March 2017? If WB Montreal's title does come out during Fall 2019, that'll be a relatively fast turnaround. I imagine they were able to carry over several assets from their previous project if this were the case.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the Damian Wayne game rebooted around March 2017? If WB Montreal's title does come out during Fall 2019, that'll be a relatively fast turnaround. I imagine they were able to carry over several assets from their previous project if this were the case.
I'm willing to bet they reused almost all of the assets and just did some reinventing with the story.

IIRC, the nemesis system was supposed to be used in the Damian game. Not sure if they'll use it in this one, but that would be a great concept.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, Montreal, not Rocksteady. :/

The superior developer of Bat-games.

IIRC it was most heavily rumored that this was a Bat Family co-op game, since Suicide Squad and the Damian Wayne game got canned.

You wonder how much of the Damian Wayne game went into the garbage. Like, Gotham is Gotham right? So unless they made it look like the crappy future that version of Batman's normally from, you'd think a lot of those assets were salvageable, no?

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
whatever it is...i hope it runs well.
Arkham Origins was nigh unplayable on PS3 for a long time. Might've been the most broken retail release game i've ever played.

Its ok now. But i don't even know how long it took them to get it patched and working. I feel like it was a year.