• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
witcher-3-pixel-art-gif-animation-moneybag.gif

I'm in

Not gonna lie, I would buy a game that looks like that in a heartbeat.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Remenber this?

I doubt that will happen, but would be hilarious to see that GTA V, that is across gen game, and MGSV, that is another cross gen games, still didn't got ports, but witcher 3 did, lol!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
My guess is not happening, but I don't think it would be technically impossible. It would just require a lot of compromises.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The Witcher 2 on 360 was quite the impressive port.

Would be crazy to see TW3 running on Switch lol.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They really are not that high. My laptop was well under the minimum spec and with a bit of tooling with the settings I managed to get it running at ~900p at a pretty solid 30fps. Of course my laptop is stronger than the Switch, but the point is a little optimization will go a long way with an open world game like this. There are so many settings you can dial back like draw distance for just about everything.

It should be doable.

It's going to take more than a 'little optimisation' to get a game like The Witcher 3 running on the Nintendo Switch. Maybe one day there will be acceptance that Switch just cannot run some games. Opitmisation isn't a Deus Ex Machina that completely forgoes cold hard specs.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for Jerry of the River to make it into Smash

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I kind of assumed this would happen in 2019 (hopefully from Panic Button) but not taking this as confirmation.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I mean, the switch can run Doom 2016 so it can obviously run Witcher 3. It's all about pushing that downgrade button.

/s
Witcher 3 can totally be ported to Switch but clearly it will be downgrade hell. It's not like the game is 60fps on consoles to begin with like Doom and Wolfenstein where halving the framerate can do most of the work. So significant compromises would need to be made elsewhere.
People really think CDPR is going to port TW3 and the RED Engine on NSW? lol
If it was to happen then it would be farmed out to an external developer for the port.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhm Pixelpar (had some Pokemon LGPE leaks) tweeted this today

Yeah this was my first thought. I read his tweet at 6 in the morning and came to Era to see all the takes and I saw nothing until now for this retailer.

I think it's definitely possible. DOOM and DOOM Eternal along with other notable games came over and are coming over.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Remenber this?

I doubt that will happen, but would be hilarious to see that GTA V, that is across gen game, and MGSV, that is another cross gen games, still didn't got ports, but witcher 3 did, lol!

GTAV will probably be coming once the game cards are more affordable. Don't expect MGSV because Konami. Neither of them have any bearing on a possible Witcher 3 port.

It's going to take more than a 'little optimisation' to get a game like The Witcher 3 running on the Nintendo Switch. Maybe one day there will be acceptance that Switch just cannot run some games. Opitmisation isn't a Deus Ex Machina that completely forgoes cold hard specs.

The "a little optimization" was in reference to what I did in the game settings on PC, not what a potential porting studio would do. Of course it would take a lot of work, much more work than just "optimization" but I still maintain it could be done. I guess maybe we'll find out.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
No one has accesa to the elder magic, not even Panic Button, required to do this kinda port. But why the fuck not, I wanna see what would happen if someone tries. DQ11 looks pretty damn good, so why wouldn't this.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
GTAV will probably be coming once the game cards are more affordable. Don't expect MGSV because Konami. Neither of them have any bearing on a possible Witcher 3 port.

The "a little optimization" was in reference to what I did in the game settings on PC, not what a potential porting studio would do. Of course it would take a lot of work, much more work than just "optimization" but I still maintain it could be done. I guess maybe we'll find out.

You can port a lot of things to a lot of things, technically, but the question is how much would need to be sacrificed to get it running on hardware in such a way that it fits the developer's vision and quality of acceptance. I'd wager that even if CDPR did port the game to Switch, it wouldn't be representative of the product that they spent so long making.

Status
Not open for further replies.