• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Right, but do we know for a fact that DFG's tweet was the first mention of it? Maybe someone else in his mentions discussed the thing before Direct-Feed Games tweeted about it.

From doing a look around on Twitter, I can't find any recent trace of discussion about Witcher 3 on Switch before Pixelpar's tweet.

So some interesting timing there...

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
On an unrelated note, I wouldn't mind playing Gwent versions of all 3 games in The Witcher series. Geralt would travel through an overhead map and fight monsters and other enemies in Gwent-style battles.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
GTAV will probably be coming once the game cards are more affordable. Don't expect MGSV because Konami. Neither of them have any bearing on a possible Witcher 3 port.
Funny, I always thougth that last gen port are more expected than current gen ones. Besides, both konami and take 2 alreadly released some titles for switch, cd red project released none.

Its funny to me.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Pixelpar tweeted 9 hours before this new tweet actually
Right, but do we know for a fact that DFG's tweet was the first mention of it? Maybe someone else in his mentions discussed the thing before Direct-Feed Games tweeted about it.
Yeah this was my first thought. I read his tweet at 6 in the morning and came to Era to see all the takes and I saw nothing until now for this retailer.

I think it's definitely possible. DOOM and DOOM Eternal along with other notable games came over and are coming over.
The listing was first spotted on Dec. 19 -- well ahead of Pixel tweeting about it. The tweet from the 19th gained attention today but the Twitter user refused to share the site in which the listing originated from. Odds are high that Pixel saw talk of Witcher 3 listing gaining steam today & then tweeted what they did as a result.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
From doing a look around on Twitter, I can't find any recent trace of discussion about Witcher 3 on Switch before Pixelpar's tweet.

So some interesting timing there...
Hmm, well, that's interesting. I saw his tweet first, considered it a goof, and then saw this rumour, so I wrote it off as referring to this. But if it's not, then Pixelpar is messing with us.

Edit: Ah, just saw Nate's post. That is much more logical than anything else.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
if there is some level of wizardry that exists in this world that could port Witcher 3 over to the Switch, I'm there day 0 and i'll rebuy it at full cost i don't give a fuck

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for The Witcher 3: Pocket Edition

VHCRHjG.jpg

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The listing was first spotted on Dec. 19 -- well ahead of Pixel tweeting about it. The tweet from the 19th gained attention today but the Twitter user refused to share the site in which the listing originated from. Odds are high that Pixel saw talk of Witcher 3 listing gaining steam today & then tweeted what they did as a result.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
How does this look on a GPD Win 2? That's a fairly good barometer for a possible Switch port IMO.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You got this from a YouTube video didn't you? I remember around the Switch launch some YouTube channel down graded games on the PC to low settings to match the Switch Specs to see if it still ran and for the Witcher 3 it did.

Edit: why did the image change when I quoted you?

I got it from searching "witcher 3 low" on Google images, didn't check if the search was a YT video.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
The Witcher 3 port + Geralt in Smash

Btw, pixelpar twitted about this before Direct Feed Games:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It is not, the RED Engine was not updated to support Nintendo Switch and probably never will.

12-14 fps in full screen mode

I mean obviously if this is gonna be ported than so will the engine. That's kinda circular logic to assume it can't be ported because they haven't ported the engine.

And it looks very good in windowed mode in that video. I wasn't able to watch much but I'm curious why it ran so much better there than in full screen mode. Lower resolution?

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be absurdly impressed if they managed to bring it over. It would probably be like the Borderlands port on the Vita, I'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.