• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The news originate from this pic (Probable source. Thanks Rotobit)
LsoJaL9.jpg

Translation: "[Breaking! Witcher 3 GOTY edition is coming to Switch in September.] According to a reliable source from distributor, Witcher 3 GOTY edition is coming to Switch in September. Chinese localization exclusive to Asia version."

I just checked Taobao.com (shopping site under Alibaba), multiple sellers have already listed the game. Some of them are big seller on taobao so I feel that this might be real. You can check it yourself, all the listings are still there. Just type "巫师3ns" into the search bar.
Tfbm96V.png

As always, take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that this might be a streamable version of the game exclusive to Japan, like RE7 (before the influx of "lol no way" posts).

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I would be shocked if it's true. It would really look like garbage. Unless it's streaming only.

Last edited:

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Game performed embarrassingly poorly on base PS4 when I first gave it a go. Can't inagine this being even halfway decent on Switch.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it is not the first time the game was rumored to come to Switch :

On December 28th, The Witcher 3 was listed on a French wholesaler database, the listing has been since removed.

Source

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
This thread is gonna be fun.

Also I'd buy it in a heartbeat. A technically compromised Witcher 3that I can play is always better than a technically flawless Witcher 3 which I couldn't finish, because no way I'm sitting for hours in a couch to play games.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
99% it's streaming-only if true, even last-gen open worlds like Saints Row 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 (not the most impressive graphical showcases even at their release) run a bit poorly on the console.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
interesting, there's been so many rumors about this that at this point i think there has to be SOMETHING to it. a cloud/streaming version is a possibility.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Reminder that this might be a streamable version of the game exclusive to Japan, like RE7 (before the influx of "lol no way" posts).
99% it's streaming-only if true, even last-gen open worlds like Saints Row 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 (not the most impressive graphical showcases even at their release) run a bit poorly on the console.

Neither Resident Evil 7 or AC: Odyssey got retail releases and they were both announced with the subtitle 'Cloud Version'. So whilst it may be the case I'd say it's unlikely (that is if the rumour's true)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To be fair, SR3's engine isn't exactly handheld-friendly. Digital Foundry's video goes into detail on why.

With that said, I do have concerns for how Witcher 3 will perform if it's a native Switch game. If this is legit, they'll have my curiosity.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean. Cdpr are really great at optimization. I wouldnt be shocked if they were able to get a downgraded version running on switch. They put 2 on the 360 and 2 was one of the best looking pc games of that time

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it's streaming only Nintendo needs to bring streaming over here instead of just japan

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Witcher 3 is one of those games I'd really want to play on Switch. It's a great game but also very time consuming. I think they can make a decent port. I think this will sell a lot of copies from new players and double dippers.

Bonus: if Witcher 3 can be ported I don't see any reason for Cyberpunk to skip Switch.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
No way this is legit.

I could see streaming, but then the West ain't getting that.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Huh I would bet it's streaming if it's true at all.
But I actually want to see it running on normal Switch hardware. Just out of curiosity to see what compromises have to be made to make it run.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, SR3's engine isn't exactly handheld-friendly. Digital Foundry's video goes into detail on why.

With that said, I do have concerns for how Witcher 3 will perform if it's a native Switch game. If this is legit, they'll have my curiosity.

In general, Switch handles open world games not made specifically for the hardware... well, not too well. It seems hard to imagine a competent, not overly ugly and muddy (see ARK) version of such a huge and expansive open world RPG. Stranger things happened I guess, but if this is a straight-up port without crippling the game hard, colour me surprised.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
The game is borderline playable on GPDWin 2. It would need some heavy reworking on Switch I guess. But since it's a high budget game to begin with, why wouldn't the port to Switch be high budget as well?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
interesting, there's been so many rumors about this that at this point i think there has to be SOMETHING to it. a cloud/streaming version is a possibility.

This seems to be coming to China and Asia too, so we can rule out streaming. Creating a streaming platform that can work in whole China would be a much bigger undertaking than simply porting the game.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
What the actual fuck lol

Surely, surely this is just so it can actually run smoothly on a Switch pro and it's not inherently an exclusive? What do I know, but i'd 100% buy this even if it ran poorly just for the novelty.

We'll find out soon, anyway! This would still be a shock at E3, just because it's so hard to believe right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.