• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Not necessarily true. Skyrim is closer to the enhanced PS4 version than the last gen version and runs fine.

The ports of AC3 and Saint Row are just inherently bad. Skyrim was ported by Iron Galaxy which is arguably the best porting studio on Switch (I've been more impressed by their work than by Panic Button's work for example). Hopefully, if a port of Witcher 3 happens, they'll be the ones handling it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Rumour: "The Witcher 3 is being released in China and France (two countries that haven't had cloud versions) with a boxed release (something that no cloud version has had so far) and no indication that it's a cloud version (despite every cloud version having 'cloud version' as a subtitle)"

Resetera: "IT MUST BE A CLOUD VERSION!"

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
In 2018

Asked whether the studio is considering the Nintendo Switch as a platform, Kiciński responded that when talking about CD Projekt's larger games they're focusing on the strongest platforms like high-specs PCs and consoles. As for other games, they're not planning any release on the Switch for now, but they'll see what the future brings.

You guys can as well stop dreaming

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Would be fun to see purely to satisfy the curiosity of wanting to know what the game would look like ported down to Switch specs, but when it comes to actually playing the game I'd much rather prefer a port of Thronebreaker.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Very much doubt it, CDPR doesn't have that sort of technology.
Not something I would expect Capcom to have either, yet here we are.

Japan isn't mentioned once in the entire rumour, though. All the tweets and text posted are chinese.
Could be because the rumor lacks information, maybe whatever source that released this only knew the game was coming to the Switch, not how.

I don't believe this rumor for a minute, but in the unlikely scenario it's true, I wouldn't expect the Switch to be actually running the game.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Taobao isn't really the best metric, they sell a ton of wacky stuff there and a lot of counterfeit stuff.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
99% it's streaming-only if true, even last-gen open worlds like Saints Row 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 (not the most impressive graphical showcases even at their release) run a bit poorly on the console.

Saints Row 3 might be one thing but Assassin's Creed was absolutely cutting edge when it released. The animation system is still one of the most impressive in the industry.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
honestly, both of those games sounded like bad ports.

Well, I'm a happy Switch owner, and the only open world or open world-ish game that ran pretty damn well that I played was... BOTW, I think, and even that had drops. Even Let's Go Pokémon runs surprisingly bad in certain areas. Heard good things about the Skyrim port but that's also a lot smaller in scale and older than The Witcher 3, then let's not even mention the engine, the graphics, etc.. A decent The Witcher 3 Switch port would surprise me immensely is my point. I'd be happy if it happened, though.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the link, but I can't tell if it is the original source as these rumors always spread around really fast in similar wordings. Anyway, I will add it into OP first.

Yeah, I used the Google Translate app tool to basically just capture and copy the text over and that was one of the two results

The other has led me into Chinese social media and it's a fun adventure. I thought this series of quotes was interesting, though, Google Translate not withstanding.

"I am in a WeChat group of Taobao Switch sellers, I said this is impossible, the seller said that this is true, to prepare the capacity of the memory card above 64G.

He also said that it is scheduled to be 1000 pieces, only the annual version. I only provide information for reference. This letter is still not in itself. "

also they all seem to be parodying it

[Explosive] Gta8 is coming?
"Grand Theft Auto 8: Trump's Donkey" was revealed that it will land on the switch platform in September, and the Asian version will monopolize Chinese.

May 21, 2019
I see people saying that this could be a cloud version. Why would a cloud version be sold at retail? I can't remember any of the cloud versions for Switch getting a physical release. Kind of doubtful about the whole thing right now.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I played it all on PS4 Slime and had no issues.

playstation-4-system-dragon-quest-metal-slime-edition-379669.9.jpg

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I still believe that if anything comes, it's be a spin-off.
That being said, I also think that a port of witcher 3 is more likely than a streaming version of the game releasing outside of Japan.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Rumour: "The Witcher 3 is being released in China and France (two countries that haven't had cloud versions) with a boxed release (something that no cloud version has had so far) and no indication that it's a cloud version (despite every cloud version having 'cloud version' as a subtitle)"

Resetera: "IT MUST BE A CLOUD VERSION!"
This thread in a nutshell

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I believe this is true, I also 99% sure this is a cloud version

OP
OP

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Taobao isn't really the best metric, they sell a ton of wacky stuff there and a lot of counterfeit stuff.
There are lots of counterfeit stuff on Taobao, but this is a totally different case to put up a fake listing because if it turned out to be fake, and people pre-ordered it, it would have become a hassle to refund these customers, and as far as I know, all refunds are recorded and the number of refund can be viewed by customers. A large amount of refund will also most likely get the seller into trouble.

Plum

May 31, 2018
There are lots of counterfeit stuff on Taobao, but this is a totally different case to put up a fake listing because if it turned out to be fake, and people pre-ordered it, it would have become a hassle to refund these customers, and as far as I know, all refunds are recorded and the number of refund can be viewed by customers. A large amount of refund will also most likely get the seller into trouble.

Is it not like most pre-orders where you're not charged until dispatch? I'm not familiar with the site.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It's crazy how mis-informed people are when it comes to the power of a system and bad ports.

Not necessarily an insult, just an observation.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Jokes using incredibly low-quality PC footage are really not funny, everyone. Get some new material.

I'd be very interested in this if it turns out to be true.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it would be coming but I would be happy to see it.

I don't even own a switch but I would be excited for the DF video.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I expect a hot mess. But my point of reference is the PC version maxed out and beyond so the point of reference is not fair haha.

On the other hand, if this is real and competent, the Switch will have one of the greatest games ever made with utterly absurd value for money. So that's a plus.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
How exactly would the game shrink from 50GB down to...a 32GB card? They could just have the game partially on cart, the rest (definitely the DLC) downloadable.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
If things were more custom (think of zones broken up and changed) like Witcher 2 on 360 I imagine something would work.

Even the full experience isn't impossible to get "running" on a low powered machine. Looking at the GPD Win 1 trying to run the Witcher 3 has it go better than I would have thought.

GPD Win 1

OP
OP

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Is it not like most pre-orders where you're not charged until dispatch? I'm not familiar with the site.
Money will be transmitted to a platform (ie. Alipay) once an order (in this case, pre-order) is placed, and will be withheld from the seller until the whole transaction (including shipping) is done. If someone want to cancel, both the customer and seller will need to click a refund button so that the fund can be sent back to its owner.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I know this is apples to oranges but if Witcher 3 runs on an GPD Win 2 then it should run on a Switch. The intel HD 615 is a "bad" igpu

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If real I don't see it being a cloud version given the listings.

Very interested to see how this would turn out.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
This rumor has been floating around for a while so I wouldn't be surprised at this point. As far as whether the Switch could run it, considering CDPR managed to port Witcher 2 to the 360 back when it was a PC only game, I'm sure they can manage 3 on the Switch. I mean the system isn't really that far away from the XBO. Drop the resolution the 720p, and you are already halfway to making the port work.

Goes without saying that the supposed "Switch Pro" could factor into this as well.

Prunus

Sep 6, 2018
As I said in the other thread there were also DoA 6 Switch listings on taobao, but it seems there's more to this rumour than just the listings. I'm not really interested in a port if it's real, but it would be cool to see how much they could match the original version.

Oct 25, 2017
No.

Just no.

Look at footage of the Krypt on the switch from MK11. Legit an N64 game. N64 was harsh I'll admit. But it looks very poor.

Maybe Witcher 2, sure. Even that I honestly question, but that game is much more limited in scope.

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Money will be transmitted to a platform (ie. Alipay) once an order (in this case, pre-order) is placed, and will be withheld from the seller until the whole transaction (including shipping) is done. If someone want to cancel, both the customer and seller will need to click a refund button so that the fund can be sent back to its owner.

That makes sense, and it definitely does give this a little more credence. Most retail listing rumours are from sites where there isn't any downside to either party for putting a game that won't ever exist up for pre-order.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Most impressions I read was it ran better than PS3 /360 so the 10 fps thing stands out. Does it go that low?

Will wait and see.
What'd you mean? I don't think the Witcher 3 can run on the Switch well at all without cutbacks that'd make me want to play it on other platforms. I'm just saying that it's not right to look at how powerful something is based off of bad ports. By that logic, broforce running at 10fps on PS4 at launch means that the system is underpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.