• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Update: A listing also, thanks Magwik! :D

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/wolfenstein-youngblood/163462

###

https://gonintendo.com/stories/310969-gamestop-lists-wolfenstein-youngblood-for-release-on-switch

6CE79475-B79E-47E9-BA38-F7F3ACA63F50.jpeg

Seems likely if it is just an expansion of Wolfenstein 2 isn't it? No reason why Panic Button can't do it.

Last edited:

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
is there even a point to watching the Direct tomorrow

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Youngblood and DOOM 2 comes to Switch then that would easily catapult Bethesda to the best Switch supporter by far.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
yea no reason not to do it at this point and milk the work they have already put into porting that engine. same for DOOM Eternal, imo, unless that does something scope-wise that is too far out of range?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So much for Bethesda being over supporting the Switch, I guess.

I expect Doom Eternal to come as well, at which point Bethesda are putting in some very interesting support for sure.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
todd loves the switch

calling it now, ESVI launch parity, even if the switch (or Switch 2) version is gimped as hell

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Wolf 2 comes out later this month, why would they announce a new Wolfenstein game for Switch when 2 isn't out yet. I'm sure Youngblood will come.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Were people really saying that? On what grounds?
There's an awful lot of paranoia going on in the Nintendo Direct thread. Basically the fact that they didn't announce it for Switch specifically and the fact that I believe Walmart hadn't put up a Switch sku for preorder led them to conclude that it wouldn't come, and therefore (somehow logically) that Doom wouldn't either. That, in turn, leads to the logical conclusion that Bethesda were done supporting the Switch.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Shocked that Nintendo wouldn't have other developers unveil games for their conference/Direct. /s

This could be a mistake in their database though.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice. Bethesda is happy with sales of their games on switch. Much more support coming I'd bet Much more

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They are about to launch Wolfenstein 2 on Switch this month. . Doubt they are interested in talking about the next game for Switch already.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There's an awful lot of paranoia going on in the Nintendo Direct thread. Basically the fact that they didn't announce it for Switch specifically and the fact that I believe Walmart hadn't put up a Switch sku for preorder led them to conclude that it wouldn't come, and therefore (somehow logically) that Doom wouldn't either. That, in turn, leads to the logical conclusion that Bethesda were done supporting the Switch.

Well I guess this will ease their nerves a bit. Still, you'd think with the support Bethesda's given the Switch and them being happy with their financial success with their ports, they'd be a little bit more trusting.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think they were expecting all the previous press events to be Switch game after Switch game and unless I'm mistaken thus far it's only been one newly announced title - the Bethesda Card Game

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They are about to launch Wolfenstein 2 on Switch this month. . Doubt they are interested in talking about the next game for Switch already.
It's still a year out, so no reason to talk about it anyway. If you watch the announcement, you'll see that they didn't announce it for any platform, in fact. It's just that PC/XB1/PS4 is assumed. It's possible they decided not to reveal the slate of release platforms just yet in order to give Wolfenstein 2 Switch some spotlight without a standalone sequel-ish DLC sharing the stage.

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
Like I said in the other Thread...don't we always get Games on Gamestop for consoles where they don't release in the end? Couldn't it be just an error?

Oh wait, they didnt announced any platforms for the game. Okay, move on. Ignore me.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is a good sign if it's not an error. I'm interested to see if there are any other late ports Nintendo will be announcing themselves tomorrow, maybe something like Prey or Dishonored.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
People used the fact that you could only pre-order the PS4/XBO versions of Doom Eternal as proof as there's no Switch version of that game.

Well you can only pre-order the PS4/XBO versions of Wolfenstein Youngblood too...

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
So, this is no longer available to pre-order for Switch.

Hope it does come. PB is getting better with each game (the new screens on the eShop look pretty good), and a Wolfenstein experience for $30 separate from BJ's timeline is a release that probably makes more sense than Wolf II.