1. Cohesivestraw

Cohesivestraw

I wish it had ps4 support. I hate the DS4. I almost wish I wouldn't have went sony this gen just because of the controller.

2. OldBenKenobi

OldBenKenobi

Wow well I was gonna buy a new Elite since I got some BB gift cards for my bday but I will just wait now.

3. Ushay

Ushay

Non-detachable charger is a huge mistake.
    Replaceable batteries (eneloops) are perfection.

4. Your guys know you can charge devices when you aren't using them, right?

5. Santar

Santar

Gah!
    Is the build quality on the regular elite really that bad?
    I just ordered one yesterday!
    I thought the point of the elite was to NOT suffer from bad buttons and stick drift, what on earth is the higher prize for if not quality?

6. KamenRiderEra

KamenRiderEra

Where's the gyro? It's my only request....

7. Yerffej

Yerffej

lol I guess I've been under a rock. I only heard about the possible Fable thing.

8. Creepy Woody

Creepy Woody

Nope, prefer putting in my own rechargeable AA's thanks.

9. Lightning

Lightning

I still don't understand how the charging port can be both non-detachable and also 'MagSafe' style.

That completely contradicts itself, especially if it 's also USB C???

Like, how? All three of those statements contradict each other.

10. m23

m23

They're all still rumours and I think most of those didn't even get a thread. These have been talked about in the Microsoft First Party thread which may be why some folks haven't heard about them.

11. OldBenKenobi

OldBenKenobi

I think it’s overblown. I have had my Elite for almost two years now and have had no issues. I also have afew friends on Xbox live that also have one and none of them have issues either.

I hope the Elite 2 comes with detachable battery pack. I use eneloops plus the MS battery pack for my Elite and it’s just gravy. If the Elite two infact does have a built in battery pack, I hope it’s easily changeable.

Someone in here said their launch PS4 controller still works? Mine can barely hold a charge anymore, plus the R2 button is dead and the sticks are completely worn down to plastic.

12. TitanicFall

TitanicFall

Maybe I don't follow you, but if you only care about the wireless and already have an Elite then why not buy the adapter for $25?

13. Shock32

Shock32

You can buy third party Pro controllers for PS4. I have the Nacon revolution pro and it's fantastic, I haven't played with a DS4 for almost a year.

14. Banderdash

Banderdash

Add it to Design Labs... and give us shipping to Aus.

15. Louco

Louco

16. hwalker84

hwalker84

I'll grab one day one but please give me some color options day one.

17. Icky Thump

Icky Thump

AA Eneloop or no purchase.

18. Additionally I saw a patent from micro the other week.

Toggles/sticks have adjustable tension.

You spin them to adjust it

19. zedox

zedox

I don't believe in pictures anymore cuz 3D printing is a thing. Need more reliable sources.

20. DumpsterJuice

DumpsterJuice

DS4 is a damn good controller, minus the horrid battery. Big step do from DS3. That being said, it’s no Elite controller for sure. I would by a DS4 Elite controller if it were ever released because the current MS Elite controller makes the rest feel cheap AF. I hate I ever bought the thing due to this fact.

21. Lukas Taves

Lukas Taves

Yeah, that Xbox button on the photo surely looks odd. (the big image above)

22. Sony

Sony

Like who What What What Where?
    Nah, what Who Who Where
    Like where Where Where?
    How did we get right there? Like nah, nah, nah

Wait, hold up, let me roll up
    Who and what and where?

These rumors are doing something to my jimmies.

23. RF Switch

RF Switch

The battery choice on the new version makes me hope my original never dies

24. TRios Zen

TRios Zen

Perhaps the better question is, do you know that you can plug in an elite controller when the battery dies and continue playing? Or alternatively you could have a spare set of AA eneloops around and NEVER play wired on your "wireless" controller.

Internal batteries are a step backward IMO and unless this was cheaper than current elite, I would not consider specifically because of that. I'd also appreciate a re-design of the bumpers as that is the only thing that has failed on my current elite.

25. op_ivy

op_ivy

i'm in. i need a replacement. hope the bumpers see some major improvement in design they, its laughable how they are engineered in the original (and default x1 pads)

26. ghostcrew

ghostcrew

I use my Elite controller with my PS4 everyday! Just grab an Xbox One-PS4 Brook Super Converter. It's magic. My Elite works fully with my PS4, including the paddles and rumble. Best controller ever.

27. Probably is USB-C and it comes with a magsaf cable. You put the USB-C dongle inside it.

28. Switch

Switch

I love my Elite, but I really would have liked to see the new Elite (if true) have 4 profile switches

29. op_ivy

op_ivy

link? that sounds rad, but like they could potentially change mid game accidentally - which would suck.

30. Endaeias

Endaeias

I know it's been beaten into the ground but I've been going back and forth on purchasing an Elite (v1) now that I have an Xbox One X and have started using the console for practically everything (even have my PS4 HDMI going through it right now... aha..). I'll wait a few more months before pulling the trigger on the purchase, I think. Especially with the possibility of a v2 coming out. I'm content with both of my controllers for now.

31. TehPotentialz

TehPotentialz
    Banned Member

Buy the chat pad, it has 2 buttons that can be assigned to screenshot and record.

32. CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Most of those aren’t hints i really need fixed. Built battery would be a step backwards imo.

I’ll stick with my current Elite. Best controller ever, though I only use it on pc.

33. Noel Ross

Noel Ross

No wonder we haven't been getting any sent to us in my Microsoft store.. Makes sense now.

34. Silky

Silky
    Banned Member

Hold up bih where is the NBA Jam news

35. khamakazee

khamakazee

Have a Xbox One and a Xbox 360 controller for my PC and I keep going back to the Xbox 360 controller. The sticks are way too loose on the One and just don't feel right. Is the Elite better in this area?

36. JINX

JINX

37. OnionPowder

OnionPowder

No joke, USB-C might push me to get one of these for my PC. Wish I could get USB C PS4 controllers as well, since my phone is C and the only micro things I use now are PS4 controllers

38. jet1911

jet1911

All of this sounds great so it probably wont happen :(

39. looks like it might be a "pull up on the stick and twist, then push back down" style adjustment, so no worries about adjusting midgame

40. digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Imagine an E3 2018 presentation with Microsoft revealing Halo 6, a Fable reboot, a Perfect Dark Reboot, an NBA Jam reboot, a new Mech Warrior, and all of those other potential reveals. They'd win E3.

41. op_ivy

op_ivy

awesome, thanks.

as others have said, color customization would be swell too :)

42. RdN

RdN

About damn time.

I just hope the build quality is better this time around. It is absurd the amount of broken Elites I've seen.

43. TehPotentialz

TehPotentialz
    Banned Member

I wish they would go one step further with customisation and let us switch the placement of the dpad, face buttons, and sticks. I want the right stick up where the face buttons are.

Don't like the sound of a rechargable internal battery, yuck. Only reason to do that is forced obsoletion to make you buy another in a few years time.

Also that bag looks so cheap compared to the case the first one comes in. Surely that's not going to be the final case.

44. PIMPBYBLUD

PIMPBYBLUD

Damn I wish it were NBA Street if true!

45. I'm glad I waited on not buying the original elite controlller. Had a gut feeling a new one would come out.

46. I want to live in a world where every damn thing is done either wirelessly or via USB type c ports and this is one step closer so yaay.

Heres hoping the iPhone makes the leap over to USB type c as well

47. LordBaztion

LordBaztion

The only thing I want is they to add back buttons or paddles to the standar controller.

48. BT, huh. i can finally find some use for the BT in my laptop lol

49. elzeus

elzeus

I hope they work on the durability of the stick modules and shoulder buttons. I can't wait for USB C controllers and it hearkens back to the OG xbox and 360 with the "rip away" cords.

50. Probably not going to upgrade unless it's part of design lab. Non removable battery is a huge negative.