• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
Dont you hate it when companies fudge up designs that other companies have already solved.

Logitech have solved this stupid issue with the removable batteries, ship the controller with eneloops inside and allow the controller to charge the AA battery with the controller connected to the console (for people that don't ever replace them).

Problem solved for everyone.

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Non removable battery just killed it for me. I don't want to have to use a wire to recharge while I play. Not to mention built in batteries only have so many cycles. Eneloops have been great.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I've always really liked the use of AAs. Something the other two console companies refuse to do.

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
I realize the bag could be totally unrelated, but it's using the ancient Microsoft logo and is red. Microsoft, especially the Xbox division, especially for a product like the Elite has gotten quite good at branding and would have either a black or green tag referencing the Xbox or Elite.

Oct 30, 2017
Have you been under a rock the last two weeks?
- Halo 6 will have massive player counts in multiplayer (much higher than Halo 5) and massive maps

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an insider. I just have been following all the leaks.

This is a lot of shit in two weeks you have to admit.

I haven't seen that one. Do you have a Link? thanks.
Edit: NVM, found stuff on the leak.

Last edited:

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
I had a feeling a new model was coming as it's been hard to find the controller. Kinda wish I hadn't just bought one, but it's very nice nonetheless

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
For a premium controller you want to use it for many years, after many charges the batteries will die and you have to disassemble the controller and search for a 3rd party internal rechargeable battery on Amazon or eBay, i don't think Microsoft will offer though sell internal rechargeable batteries.

My PS3 controllers still hold a charge almost 10 years later.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
will have to give it a go.....the original elite even with messing with the deadzone settings still had a gap compared to a standard dualshock which was still more accurate/better for shooters. Why cannot they not remove that deadzone still on the damn controllers. It was never there for the 360 controller

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
will have to give it a go.....the original elite even with messing with the deadzone settings still had a gap compared to a standard dualshock which was still more accurate/better for shooters. Why cannot they not remove that deadzone still on the damn controllers. It was never there for the 360 controller

Yeah, the deadzone issue on Xbox One pads is a bummer. I got an X1X in December and played RE4, and my aiming percentage was quite a bit lower than on the PS4 version I played last year.

On the PS4 version getting all the bottle caps wasn't too hard, but on the X1X I didn't even finish the 2nd row in my Normal playthru because the deadzone was affecting my accuracy enough to be really annoying.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the deadzone issue is a bummer. I got an X1X in December and played RE4, and my aiming percentage was quite a bit lower than on the PS4 version I played last year.

On the PS4 version getting all the bottle caps wasn't too hard, but on the X1X I didn't even finish the 2nd row in my Normal playthru because the deadzone was affecting my accuracy enough to be really annoying.

That's why I use a DS4 with my Xbox One.....its really, really awesome. Just get a full wireless headset like the RIGs 800XL that are on sale at best buy right now for $75 and your good to roll

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WJ1HONE/?tag=era0f0-20

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
For anyone considering buying an Elite, definitely purchase the 2-3 year replacement / insurance program that Amazon and Best Buy sell. Trust me it's worth the extra money. The warranty on this "premium" controller is only 90 fucking days and I had two elites having drift issues AFTER that 90 day period and Microsoft wouldn't fix it. One of the worst experiences I've ever had with a premium product.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Girl on IGN podcast said she has heard from two separate sources about Perfect Dark.

Stuff might be cancelled but judging on that, it's all legit. The only thing that didn't happen out of those 12+ bullet points is Battletoads. Most stuff happened in E3 2016, some stuff in E3 2017 and Age of Empires IV finally at Gamescom 2017. So this could very well be a small roadmap at microsoft's 2018-2020 plans.

Add me to the crowd that's hearing this stuff for the first time. Did any of this ever get its own thread? (A new PD would be big news given how poorly MS has treated the franchise.)

Also, all I want in an improved Elite controller is a more flexible cable, an OG Xbox-style quick release on the cable, standard controller-style coloured face buttons, and firmware improvements.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Been using mine since day 1, and using it at the moment. One of the best controllers ever. I'll be picking up the revision.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I broke my Xbox Elite Controller like 3 weeks ago, and have not been able to find a new one in stock since then in any stores.

Wonder if they stopped producing them in mass quantities because of this.

Hope V2 hits retail stores soon.
When the X came out Best Buy was selling Elite Controllers for $99 with the purchase of the console. I think that was the last time I was able to find an Elite Controller in the stores, but, even then, I don't think any of my local stores had one for sale.

So, I like your theory and it makes a lot of sense.
Eneloops are just so much better. I always have 4 of them on the charger that is always on the sofa on the side where I always game. Whenever my battery dies I just replace them and already put to charge the drained ones, so they are ready the next time.

And, once I finish playing, the controller stays in the sofa.
You put your controller in the sofa, when done? ;-)

CTRL+F "Eneloop" and watch the results pop up. There's so many posts about these wonderful amazing batteries, because they are both wonderful and amazing. I'm 52 hours into FFXV (only game I've been playing) and I've had to swap out my Eneloop AA batteries twice (having just done so within the past 5 hours or so). Going the standard battery route is such the better option. First, Microsoft can sell their own branded rechargeable battery packs ($$$). Second, the batteries are replaceable and not intrinsically tied to the device as a failure point. And third, consumers can choose to use their own choice of standardized batteries. E.g. Eneloops.

That bag: First one comes with a whole case, not just some dust avoiding cloth bag. WTF?

The Grips: First thing that comes off from your Elite thanks to the expanding silicone over time. Microsoft doesn't offer replacements, it's just normal wear for them. Seemingly unchanged, the biggest flaw of the controller.
I can understand removing the case, since it'd be an easy cost-saving measure. Still, that would be much nicer than a bag.

I've read countless stories, in this thread and others, where the build quality of the Elite is suspect. The bumpers are the most common point of failure I've read; not much on the grips, though.

All in all, though, I'd happily throw down on an Elite controller. After the X becoming my main 3rd party system, the Elite has become much more attractive.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Built in rechargable battery is an immediate pass for me. Good luck using this controller for more than a couple years as soon as the built in battery starts to go out.

I don't even like spending more than $30 on PS4 controllers for this very same reason.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Elite controller has been amazing for Halo 5. I can't really play the same without it.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dont you hate it when companies fudge up designs that other companies have already solved.

Logitech have solved this stupid issue with the removable batteries, ship the controller with eneloops inside and allow the controller to charge the AA battery with the controller connected to the console (for people that don't ever replace them).

Problem solved for everyone.
Never heard of this. It's smart.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the crowd that's hearing this stuff for the first time. Did any of this ever get its own thread? (A new PD would be big news given how poorly MS has treated the franchise.)

Also, all I want in an improved Elite controller is a more flexible cable, an OG Xbox-style quick release on the cable, standard controller-style coloured face buttons, and firmware improvements.

Mainly discussed in the MS Studio thread. Didn't have strong enough sources to have a topic of its own.

News from that backend leak it wasn't as specific as some summaries suggest either. The 'Dark' listing might not actually be Perfect Dark and the Halo item wasn't listed as Halo 6 (at least two different 'Halo' game listings found).

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wish it was a removable battery pack so you could still use eneloops.

That said the Elite is the best controller ever made, improvements are always welcome still.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I just ordered an Elite! What exactly is stick drift? I google'd it but I only get how to fix it, not explaining what it is!?
i think that you'd get stick movement without input. like constantly looking up in a fps without input. its never effected my elite and i play anything that gives me the option at a 0% inner dead zone

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Left stick came pretty loose on my Elite from launch after less than a year. Games that relied on 100% boundary for movement are unplayable on that controller now. Examples: Resident Evil 4 and PUBG.

Impact is that I can't walk at full speed diagonally in PUBG, which is basically death.

Hopefully the next revision of the Elite has better sticks -- I absolutely love everything else about Rev 1.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
i think that you'd get stick movement without input. like constantly looking up in a fps without input. its never effected my elite and i play anything that gives me the option at a 0% inner dead zone

Aaah yeah that makes sense, I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks! I've never been able to customize the controller before so this definitely will be trial and error but what exactly do people mean when they talk about dead zones and sensitivity etc. I'm so lost!

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yes, I've been waiting on bluetooth all this time. Snagging this whenever I can.

-edit-

USB TYPE C???? FUCK YES

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Aaah yeah that makes sense, I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks! I've never been able to customize the controller before so this definitely will be trial and error but what exactly do people mean when they talk about dead zones and sensitivity etc. I'm so lost!
dead zones are regions in which stick movement is not registered. IIRC, halo 5 (like most games?) sets the default at 10%. that is, unless you move the stick beyond that 10% no movement is input. this protects against stick drift.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so there's been a lot of hopeful extrapolation.
Actually the leaks come from the same person who correctly leaked a ton of 2016 and 2017 announcements through a database leak, so he has proven he is reliable. In the following days we have had further info from other sources that align with the leak, for example the PD rumour has been known by both Chris Dring (GamesIndustry.Biz) and IGN staff who has said they have heard from a friend who is known in the industry for leaks. That they have heard from two seperate sources about PD, so the leak comes from a reliable source and has had more info align with it in the last week or two. If you want to know more I would suggest going through the last 40+ pages of the MS studios thread.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Don't have any USB Type-C ports whatsoever and I assume I'm not the only one. Just seems weird to me to have one of those, if your main consoles (that are the target of this product) doen't have any. I mean, that's not really a big problem, but it's still surprising (if true)..

Mate what are you on?
Aqon3sI.jpg

You dont think that will connect to an Xbox One?

QB50EJD.jpg

Damn I wish it were NBA Street if true!
Microsoft aint gonna develop and publish an EA game.
Theres wishful thinking and then theres borderline strange delusional hopes.

Where do you see a logo on the bag?
xja38Dp.jpg

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
You put your controller in the sofa, when done? ;-)
Yeah, my sofa has a very big squared arm (not sure if arm is the right term XD) where I put all my controllers and the battery charger. That way I only need to go to the sofa to turn the xbox, TV and HT on, and don't even have to get up in case I need to exchange the batteries.

Having to stand up and go to my console to plug the controller there even after a play session would be a massive step back in terms of comfort :P

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
What does "Bluetooth on Win10" mean? I mean, so of course it has bluetooth. But on Win 10? Marketing?

Jan 2, 2018
What does "Bluetooth on Win10" mean? I mean, so of course it has bluetooth. But on Win 10? Marketing?
If I remember correctly,only XBS controllers and forward could connect to PC using bluetooth. for earlier versions(Elite V1 included I guess),you would need to buy the wireless adapter that MS sells. Also,to this day You can only use 1 controller on pc when connected via BT and not the adapter.

ClintStevens

Oct 27, 2017
Have you been under a rock the last two weeks?
- Halo 6 will have massive player counts in multiplayer (much higher than Halo 5) and massive maps
- Fable reboot by Playground Games
- Perfect Dark is getting rebooted with modern gameplay elements, The Coalition seems to be using a small support team on it with a different team MAINLY developing it.
- Microsoft wants to reboot NBA Jam
- Crackdown 3 Beta is coming very soon
- A mech game is getting made exclusively for Xbox One and Windows 10
- Electric Square is working on AAA well-known franchise for Microsoft
- Storylabs put a post up accidentally showing that The Coalition and Storylabs was helping on a new IP (although there's speculation that they just meant a IP not Gears of War and this could indeed be Perfect Dark)
- Rare might be doing something for 20th anniversary of Banjo (either a cameo in an existing game or a remaster of the original game — this could literally be ANYTHING so don't get too hyped for this one)
- WindowsCentral reported that Microsoft was working on a hardware project codenamed Project Scarlet
- Elite Controller 2.0 now leaked (and probably is Scarlet)

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an insider. I just have been following all the leaks.

This is a lot of shit in two weeks you have to admit.

I actually have been under a rock these past two weeks so thanks.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who prefers the grips on the new standard xbone x/slim controllers over the rubberized ones on the elite?