• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Man, if this was an early April Fool's joke, extremely lame.

At least Fashion Police Squad turned out to be true. Dunno if that's enough though.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, it's funny, I completely understand why people would be disappointed.

But I'm actually happy it's different, I really wanted Victoria 3 and was gonna buy it last week, glad I held off.

I'm sad about Returnal though, oh well, no reason that can't show up in a future bundle somewhere.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the real bundle is way better for me. I already owned Returnal and Assassin's Creed. And getting Victoria for such a low price is pretty sick.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Bummer. I really wanted Returnal. Canceled my sub in time though (thought it would automatically bill me for this month, but I guess it doesn't bill you in advance). Not interested in any of the April games, but last month was alright.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Bummer. I really wanted Returnal. Canceled my sub in time though (thought it would automatically bill me for this month, but I guess it doesn't bill you in advance). Not interested in any of the April games, but last month was alright.
It bills you at the end of the month, or whenever you claim a game from it

RomToggins

Jul 4, 2023
UK
For those who are still getting this do not sleep on The Excavation of Hob's Barrow. It's a really fantastic point and click adventure. And that's coming from someone who doesn't normally care for point and click adventures

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer, but I'll chime in and say that Coromon is a pretty fun game if you're a fan of PokĆ©monā€”especially Gen 3, which is what the game especially emulates. Pretty grindy though at points.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
That's still a pretty legit bundle

Anyone who likes/is FOMOing over Unicorn Overlord should absolutely want to play Symphony of War

Coromon is good

Callisto Protocol is an excellent toss-in

Victoria, Terraformers, and Humankind are all big games that don't seem to have reviewed spectacularly but are probably worth a shot each if they're your kind of games

Fashion Police Squad and Hobs Barrow both seem right up the alley of their intended audiences

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Hmm, I might be in for Callisto Protocol. I just wish they'd still let us play the original difficulty. Seems they over corrected and made it too easy. They should've just let it stay in the game as a option instead of just removing it altogether. Such a shame you can't play the game it was originally intended anymore.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
An actual explanation as to what happened from what I can gather

Humble uploads image files containing the lineup to a email host server for when they distribute the emails to newsletter subscribers. Since they follow a traditional format, people just changed the image source to the next month a bit early and then used it to figure out the titles for the source.

Last month (and evidently this month as well), leakers started to directly post the image file as proof of the leak for clout (usually the leaker that posts the leak first gets a lot of reddit karma/twitter likes). This probably caught the attention of Humble, who then decided to upload a fake version of the April titles under the usual format as a way to bait out and confirm the leak source, while uploading the image of the real titles with random character strings attached to the file name, making it impossible to guess.

https://images.cordial.com/102/600x692/April2024_Hero_Existing.png (link to fake file)
https://images.cordial.com/102/600x692/April2024_Hero_Existingfwfaeas.png (link to real file)

Up until this point, Humble never changed the format of image uploads like this, so many of the reliable sources verified that this leak was real because Humble never changed their patterns up until this point. This wasn't an april fools joke but rather Humble managing to successfully identify and kill the main source of humble choice leaks. Very hilarious, especially since the only reason people got to this point in the first place was because people posted the images for clout instead of simply just naming the titles.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
April fooled

RQIP0K8.png

cant wait to play Returnal

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, was looking forward to Returnal. But still excited for Fashion Police Squad, Humankind, Sypmony of War, and Coromon.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Folks that like Unicorn Overlord or Ogre Battle should have some fun with Symphony of War. I was interested in both Terraformers and Humankind too so despite no Returnal, still a solid month for me.

JSRF

"This guy are sick"
Aug 23, 2023
Hmm I already have Symphony of War but the rest of the bundle looks okay. I'll have to think about this month. Too bad the rumor wasn't true.

Oct 27, 2017
An actual explanation as to what happened from what I can gather

Humble uploads image files containing the lineup to a email host server for when they distribute the emails to newsletter subscribers. Since they follow a traditional format, people just changed the image source to the next month a bit early and then used it to figure out the titles for the source.

Last month (and evidently this month as well), leakers started to directly post the image file as proof of the leak for clout (usually the leaker that posts the leak first gets a lot of reddit karma/twitter likes). This probably caught the attention of Humble, who then decided to upload a fake version of the April titles under the usual format as a way to bait out and confirm the leak source, while uploading the image of the real titles with random character strings attached to the file name, making it impossible to guess.

https://images.cordial.com/102/600x692/April2024_Hero_Existing.png (link to fake file)
https://images.cordial.com/102/600x692/April2024_Hero_Existingfwfaeas.png (link to real file)

Up until this point, Humble never changed the format of image uploads like this, so many of the reliable sources verified that this leak was real because Humble never changed their patterns up until this point. This wasn't an april fools joke but rather Humble managing to successfully identify and kill the main source of humble choice leaks. Very hilarious, especially since the only reason people got to this point in the first place was because people posted the images for clout instead of simply just naming the titles.

No more leaks then. Thanks for explaining.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
D: So disappointed. I was looking forward to Returnal. I'd just gotten used to trusting all the choice leaks as they always came true.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I just got (and finished) Callisto Protocol last weekend. A very good game, enjoyed it very much and would have been worth the money alone (though it's too bad it's not the Deluxe Edition). So aside from it there's very little in this Humble Choice that's worth the price to me so I'll skip this month.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
My friend who bought Returnal and was sad that it was on sale here is going to be relieved when it is not here and he didn't just spend $40 on a game he coulda gotten for $12.